Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
LinekersLugs

NETFLIX RECOMMENDATIONS: stuff to watch

10 hours ago, rico said:

On episode 5 of Dead To Me, nice little comedy drama if you’re looking for something to fill the time

Yeah we enjoyed this too, binged it over a weekend and it was pretty light hearted really

• Like 1

1 hour ago, The Blur said:

On fourth episode of The Last Dance and loving it.   I would just love it if Netflix produces a series of similar quality for our title win.   It would be lot better than standard production by likes of Sky etc.

ESPN Films need the credit, they are amazing with stuff like this. Their 30 for 30 series are always brilliant too. 

3 minutes ago, FoxesDeb said:

Has anyone watched Trial by Media? Is it worth a watch? 

Just keep reading one of the many politics or Coronavirus threads on here lol

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, Dahnsouff said:

Just keep reading one of the many politics or Coronavirus threads on here lol

I'm trying so hard to keep away from them! Honestly so much rubbish has been posted while I couldn't reply it's driven me mad! 

9 minutes ago, FoxesDeb said:

I'm trying so hard to keep away from them! Honestly so much rubbish has been posted while I couldn't reply it's driven me mad! 

Yes, and I suspect I occasionally get sucked. :(

But on more serious matters, Trial by media looks interesting, but after Don’t **** with cats. I may need to stay away from true crime type stuff for a while!

Actually waiting for series 3 of mind hunter :thumbup:

• Thanks 1

4 hours ago, Ian Nacho said:

Don't know whether it is just because it's tailored to our culture and humour but I find U.K shows to be far superior to shows of other nations which just seem to be over dramatised sh*te.

I'm exactly the opposite. UK shows have only just got around to getting anywhere close to the quality of US dramas. I've never watched a single UK show up until Killing Eve. I've tried but they've always been awful. I see people banging on about stuff like Line Of Duty, Peaky Blinders, Gangs Of London, the shite Sky comes out with like Code 404, etc. I don't want to watch any of them. 

The only UK shows I've ever watch are sitcoms and comedy shows. 

The Epstein documentary on Netflix was a harrowing but compelling watch. Hard to come to terms with the fact he could have been put away back in 2008.

• 2 weeks later...
On 26/05/2020 at 22:14, Paddy. said:

Have absolutely 0 interest in NFL but just started watching the Aaron Hernandez documentary, absolutely fascinating. That lad is seriously ****ed up.

I'm exactly the same, Paddy. Had no idea who he was but wow, what a story, brilliantly put together.

On 28/05/2020 at 19:07, FoxesDeb said:

It's been on my 'potential watch' list for a while. Might give it a go soon.

Evil Genius: The True Story of America's Most Diabolical Bank Heist (Netflix)

A man has a bomb attached to his neck while doing a pizza delivery and is forced to rob a bank.

Extraordinary story. Only 4 episodes so easy to binge.

McMillions (Sky Documentary Channel)

How a web of people scammed the McDonalds Monopoly game over many years.

Loads of interviews with those involved. Fascinating.

Into series 2 of "Sunderland Til I Die" - not as amazing as people said. Maybe it'll improve.

• Like 1

On 29/05/2020 at 02:07, FoxesDeb said:

I think this is the different event for each episode?

If so, we watched the first and second, but got a little pissed off after that (Edit, more to do with us than the show)

Edited by ozleicester
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, UpTheLeagueFox said:

I'm exactly the same, Paddy. Had no idea who he was but wow, what a story, brilliantly put together.

It's been on my 'potential watch' list for a while. Might give it a go soon.

Evil Genius: The True Story of America's Most Diabolical Bank Heist (Netflix)

A man has a bomb attached to his neck while doing a pizza delivery and is forced to rob a bank.

Extraordinary story. Only 4 episodes so easy to binge.

McMillions (Sky Documentary Channel)

How a web of people scammed the McDonalds Monopoly game over many years.

Loads of interviews with those involved. Fascinating.

Into series 2 of "Sunderland Til I Die" - not as amazing as people said. Maybe it'll improve.

Until I watched McMillions I had no idea about the fraud, but I agree it was a good watch. The FBI agent, I forget his name, made it really, he was funny. Duke maybe? But anyway yes I enjoyed it too

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Ian Nacho said:

Watched Don't F with cats. Incredibly messed up stuff. Stupidly, decided to do some google research about the whole thing after I watched and let's just say I stumbled across some pictures I wish I never saw.

Great documentary tbf 

8 minutes ago, Ian Nacho said:

Don't know why they drag out the whole Facebook group thing though. Makes an interesting story I guess but pretty insignificant in the whole scale of all the events.

Yeah I thought that was going to kick off. Tbf, I think it’s to highlight the issues with these vigilante groups basically pushing people to the end without even being proven guilty, the lad in SA being an example of this...although never really proven in the show if it was the abuse that he got on Facebook that pushed him to suicide. 

Tbh there could be other bits regarding the FB group you’re talking about too, it’s been a few months since I watched it.

Edited by Manini

On 28/05/2020 at 19:26, Dahnsouff said:

Yes, and I suspect I occasionally get sucked. :(

But on more serious matters, Trial by media looks interesting, but after Don’t **** with cats. I may need to stay away from true crime type stuff for a while!

Actually waiting for series 3 of mind hunter :thumbup:

Mind Hunter is on indefinite hold. All actors released from their contracts. 

On 28/05/2020 at 19:40, The Bear said:

I'm exactly the opposite. UK shows have only just got around to getting anywhere close to the quality of US dramas. I've never watched a single UK show up until Killing Eve. I've tried but they've always been awful. I see people banging on about stuff like Line Of Duty, Peaky Blinders, Gangs Of London, the shite Sky comes out with like Code 404, etc. I don't want to watch any of them. 

The only UK shows I've ever watch are sitcoms and comedy shows. 

For info, Line of Duty is significantly better than those you’ve mentioned by some distance IMO. It’s about the only UK show I’ve watched in recent times which holds up a light to some of the US classics.

2 hours ago, Ian Nacho said:

Don't know why they drag out the whole Facebook group thing though. Makes an interesting story I guess but pretty insignificant in the whole scale of all the events.

The bits such as the Basic Instinct stuff pushes it off far for me. That’s the kind of thing you’d laugh off on social media 

Edited by Cardiff_Fox

On 28/05/2020 at 19:07, FoxesDeb said:

Only seen the first episode and its pretty interesting. Keep forgetting to revisit. As mentioned earlier, the episodes are stand alone with each one on different story.

Finished Money Heist. First two 'parts' were great - was concerned P3 would fizzle out but the whole thing was great - 9/10. Looking forward to the next series.

Have to watch it in Spanish with subtitles though, it's much better than that dubbed nonsense.

Edited by Frost
  • Like 2