Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
LinekersLugs

NETFLIX RECOMMENDATIONS: stuff to watch

On 20/06/2020 at 17:10, Tuna said:

Watched Evil Genius on netflix over the last few days, really chilling and unsettling but absolutely compulsive viewing, it will stay with you after you've watched it. Really recommend if you are into True Crime.

The first episode with guy who had the bomb around his neck. The video footage went on about 2 seconds too long!!

:blink:

13 hours ago, Raj said:

Thanks to recommendations from here we've watched capture which was great and Salisbury poisonings

Next is cardinal so will be asking for the next one after!!!!

Have you seen Whitechapel?

"The English Game". I think it's on iPlayer. About the origins of the FA and football league in England. Very good and it shows that, even a century or so later, tactics and formations applied then, still apply now.

The way the working class supporters and players made a huge difference to what was a "Toff's" game enabling it to became a game for everyone.

Just now, Parafox said:

"The English Game". I think it's on iPlayer. About the origins of the FA and football league in England. Very good and it shows that, even a century or so later, tactics and formations applied then, still apply now.

The way the working class supporters and players made a huge difference to what was a "Toff's" game enabling it to became a game for everyone.

I watched this a few weeks ago, thought it was brilliant 

• Like 2

Just now, stripeyfox said:

I watched this a few weeks ago, thought it was brilliant 

Even my wife enjoyed it and she "hates" football. I think it's quite historically correct as well, which makes it even better.

9 minutes ago, RowlattsFox said:

Not gonna lie, I quite enjoyed it :ph34r: but then I also watch Eurovision as a bit of guilty pleasure. 

Yeah I'm a closet Eurovision fan as well. 

I really enjoyed it. I mean I film with Pierce Brosnan, Exploding yachts, hamster wheel accidents, abusing Americans and homo erotic Russians. What's not to like? 

• Haha 1

52 minutes ago, Parafox said:

Even my wife enjoyed it and she "hates" football. I think it's quite historically correct as well, which makes it even better.

yeah, my missus like it too. Although it is a "football" series, it's more about the class struggle really, Some great performances in there too. And it looked great.

Would definately watch again

2 hours ago, Parafox said:

It’s not historically correct. For starters, they win the cup in the wrong year of 1884. In reality Blackburn won in 1885 and 1886. 

I thought it was absolutely bloody awful 

16 hours ago, stripeyfox said:

The brilliantly crap "Eurovision - The Story of Fire Saga" 

You're welcome.... 

I am not a fan of Eurovision, but really enjoyed the film. It certainly had the spirit of Eurovision but was funny and heartwarming too. 

Definately better than I expected

• Like 2

On 22/06/2020 at 17:53, Dahnsouff said:

The first episode with guy who had the bomb around his neck. The video footage went on about 2 seconds too long!!

:blink:

I read an interview with the producers (?) who said they wanted to be delicate but not take away from the horror of what happened. I think they got it about right.

Watched Wild Wild Country in the last week or so, and thoroughly enjoyed it.

It's quite long (6 hour + episodes) but it's worth it, it's about the Rajneesh movement in central Oregon in the 1980s, and everything that happened there, it's a story that's absolutely incredible and unbelievable.

20 hours ago, Harry96 said:

Better call Saul is class. Making me want to rewatch breaking bad. 

Yes, Agreed. Takes you back to the times leading up to why Saul got involved and fills a few gaps

• Like 2