Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
LinekersLugs

NETFLIX RECOMMENDATIONS: stuff to watch

18 hours ago, ScouseFox said:

massive gear change from ep 1 and 2 to ep 3 and 4, talking about how good pippen was and how he was underrated and then suddenly we've got guest appearances from carmen electra about dennis rodman's "vacation". seems like a truly brilliant geezer. 

Honestly, a night out with peak Rodman would have been incredible. What a loon. What a man.

1 minute ago, foxfanazer said:

Rewatchwd it at least 5 or 6 times but I'm due another run through it I reckon

Yeah same, its just so good.

Watching Sons of Anarchy atm finished season 1 and it was decent

7 hours ago, ozleicester said:

Finished series two of Money Heist....

Leaving Homer Simpson GIF - Find & Share on GIPHY

It's a good ending, with a few things left open to the imagination. 

S3 was good, but ultimately they won't ever get away from the fact it already ended properly. And I doubt they'll end it as good when Netflix gives it up as a cash cow. 

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, bovril said:

Jordan's a total dick though isn't he. Not that we didn't already know it. 

the most telling comment of the whole 6 eps so far was in 5 or 6 when he said "i didn't want anyone to be on my level".

not that he wanted to be a level above everyone else, simply that he wanted to make sure everyone else was below him. it is the same idea, but the way he said it was to say i wanted to make sure everyone else was put down, rather than to elevate himself. said a lot, for me. 

Edited by ScouseFox

6 hours ago, UpTheLeagueFox said:

Only recently got Netflix.

First things I watched were 'Sunderland Til I Die' and 'After Life'.

So much anger and sadness and spiralling misery no wonder you'd want to top yourself.

After Life was good though...

This might be of interest to you 

https://www.whatsontv.co.uk/news/white-lines-netflix-series-guide-619700/

Out 15th May 

• Like 1

13 hours ago, bovril said:

Jordan's a total dick though isn't he. Not that we didn't already know it. 

Yeah a lot of all time greats in a lot of sports have personality faults though don’t they. I think it must just come from the focus and desire to win at all costs in everything they do. I think he also knew that he was on a completely different planet to everybody else though - which probably frustrated him at the start, but it seems like Jackson got him to understand that he wasn’t going to get a ring scoring 60 points on his own every night. 

Watching the episode with Kobe now, very sad he’s no longer here. I wonder if they chose to air this weekly so they could go back and dedicate ep 5 to Kobe? Nice touch anyway. 

2 minutes ago, Manini said:

Yeah a lot of all time greats in a lot of sports have personality faults though don’t they. I think it must just come from the focus and desire to win at all costs in everything they do. I think he also knew that he was on a completely different planet to everybody else though - which probably frustrated him at the start, but it seems like Jackson got him to understand that he wasn’t going to get a ring scoring 60 points on his own every night. 

Watching the episode with Kobe now, very sad he’s no longer here. I wonder if they chose to air this weekly so they could go back and dedicate ep 5 to Kobe? Nice touch anyway. 

He was arguably not on a completely different planet though. Seems like a lot of the GOAT proclamations are based on received wisdom and spectacular highlight reels. Don't get my wrong, I don't think saying he's the greatest ever is unfair, but it's not as clear cut as people think.

Episode 5 & 6 is where I thought his arrogance and almost sociopathic need to win at everything came through.

24 minutes ago, bovril said:

He was arguably not on a completely different planet though. Seems like a lot of the GOAT proclamations are based on received wisdom and spectacular highlight reels. Don't get my wrong, I don't think saying he's the greatest ever is unfair, but it's not as clear cut as people think.

Episode 5 & 6 is where I thought his arrogance and almost sociopathic need to win at everything came through.

I know what you’re saying, but he was consistently boarding numbers that are pretty unbelievable when you think about it. His scoring was off the charts and that’s what his main job on the court was. The unbelievable highlight reels can only be shown if he had lots of unbelievable games right? I think a lot of the GOAT shouts come because he, to some extent, changed the game - he seemed to completely turn the game on its head when he broke through (I’m not old enough to have been alive when he did break through which is why I’m saying it seems, to me anyway, from what I’ve seen). There’s also a lot of people who say seeing him playing in the flesh was mind blowing as well. 

I know where you’re coming from though - I don’t know if there’s another sport on the planet where there seems to have been so many absolutely outrageous players over the last 40 years. Think of the last 20 years and we’ve had Kobe, Duncan, KD, Steph Curry, Shaq and LeBron (loads I’ve missed too), some of the greatest to ever play the sport. The NBA is just a conveyor belt of talent it seems. 

Edited by Manini

Just read (and it may have been posted elsewhere - apologies) that Afterlife has signed for a THIRD season.

After Life has been renewed for a third season with Netflix as Ricky Gervais signs a multiyear deal with the global streamer.

The deal, described as an 8 figure sum, will see Gervais create new scripted series as well as additional stand-up comedy specials.

“I was planning to retire soon and just wander around the house drunk until I die, but I’ve grown a bit tired of doing that during the lockdown, and also Netflix made me an offer I couldn’t refuse,” Gervais said.

The renewal for After Life is swift, having only launched Season 2 two weeks ago, to considerable acclaim.

The series also features Kerry Godliman, Tom Basden, Tony Way, David Bradley, Ashley Jensen, Mandeep Dhillon and Penelope Wilton.

Source: Hollywood Reporter

• Like 3

Started Money Heist few days ago-  on episode 4 at the moment.   I am still warming to it but I am getting a bit of a feeling it was overhyped a bit.   I assume like other series,  it will need some time to get fully going?  

I was expecting it to be more cleverer but I thought the smarter characters made some questionable decisions early on,   I think that is what annoyed me the most.  I would have posted examples but cannot figure how to use spoiler tags.

Edited by The Blur

Have watched both series of after life and I think if you disect it and take Ricky Gervais out it's actually pretty poor. Very sombre and not that much funny parts( I know it's not that sort of viewing). But if it wasn't for Ricky Gervais getting this produced is it the sort of programme you'd want to watch.??

On 08/05/2020 at 09:36, Raj said:

Have watched both series of after life and I think if you disect it and take Ricky Gervais out it's actually pretty poor. Very sombre and not that much funny parts( I know it's not that sort of viewing). But if it wasn't for Ricky Gervais getting this produced is it the sort of programme you'd want to watch.??

Bit of a weird take to dissect it and take the main character out tbf. 

Don’t know what you’d think of films like Castaway etc if that’s the way you review tv/films 😂

• Like 1

On 08/05/2020 at 09:36, Raj said:

the second series was definitely average at best. 

the first was pretty good, it was different, the mix of a comedy and a "heartbreaking story" and it was a good story from start to finish. 

the second series was just the exact same. was probably 2 or 3 funny enough scenes, can't even remember what happened for the rest of it. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Messi said:

Bit of a weird take to dissect it and take the main character out tbf. 

Don’t know what you’d think of films like Castaway etc if that’s the way you review tv/films 😂

It just isn't very good to be honest like scousefox has emphasised. Watched s couple of his films too and they are poor..same depressing take ..I think he's one of them who's got very lucky with the success of his first project(My opinion obviously!!!)

• Like 1