Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
LinekersLugs

NETFLIX RECOMMENDATIONS: stuff to watch

One for the gamers in here - I started watching the documentary series "High Score" last night. It looks at the history of video games. Only watched the first episode so far but it talked about the beginning of Arcade games, particularly the history behind Space Invaders, Pacman and the Atari.

Really interesting series so far. I'd highly recommend it to anyone who started gaming BEFORE the Playstation era

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Vince Vega said:

I agree. Started well and then I gave up in S2.

Same here. I thought season one was great and couldn't wait to watch the next episode and the wait for season two was horrible! But what a waste of time that was; seemed to go massively downhill really quickly and I've not bothered with watching any more of it.

I've just about finished re-watching Breaking Bad; it's been a good watch second time around but it's one of those I wish I could watch for the first time again and be surprised by everything that happens. Lost is another one like that for me.

Better Call Saul next on the list for me though and I can't wait to see what that's like.

When I just want to chill out though it's Brooklyn 99, Modern Family, or The Office US (are amazon prime shows allowed in this thread?)

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Fatty Arbuckle said:

Same here. I thought season one was great and couldn't wait to watch the next episode and the wait for season two was horrible! But what a waste of time that was; seemed to go massively downhill really quickly and I've not bothered with watching any more of it.

I've just about finished re-watching Breaking Bad; it's been a good watch second time around but it's one of those I wish I could watch for the first time again and be surprised by everything that happens. Lost is another one like that for me.

Better Call Saul next on the list for me though and I can't wait to see what that's like.

When I just want to chill out though it's Brooklyn 99, Modern Family, or The Office US (are amazon prime shows allowed in this thread?)

Brooklyn 99 is the GOAT of US comedies for me, brilliant viewing.

• Like 2

• 3 weeks later...

I'm absolutely tearing through It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia right now. I can't believe I've gone so long without seeing an episode before now. Once you're at peace with the whole cast of characters being completely irredeemable c**ts, the show becomes an absolute riot. I'm three seasons in now and really looking forward to the next 11 lol

With the early seasons being mid to late 2000s, the clothes, hair and flip phones are giving me a real nostalgia trip back to my late teens and early twenties. Glorious.

• Like 1

23 hours ago, ALC Fox said:

I'm absolutely tearing through It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia right now. I can't believe I've gone so long without seeing an episode before now. Once you're at peace with the whole cast of characters being completely irredeemable c**ts, the show becomes an absolute riot. I'm three seasons in now and really looking forward to the next 11 lol

With the early seasons being mid to late 2000s, the clothes, hair and flip phones are giving me a real nostalgia trip back to my late teens and early twenties. Glorious.

Possibly my favourite show of all time, Netflix have removed, I think, 6 episodes though for the use of black face by the characters, but the fact that it's done in a 'look how ridiculous and offensive this actually is' type way by the most heinous people imaginable, it somewhat misses the point by banning them I think, you should definitely search them out online and put them in your viewing rotation. 

I've just binged the first 4 episodes of Lovecraft Country, first episode is like 45 minutes of okay, slow but I'll give it a chance then boom, 0-100 and all hell breaks loose, absolutely loving it. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Col city fan said:

I know I’m behind the times a little here but I’ve just discovered ‘The Fall’ on Netflix

The best thing I’ve watched in years. Utterly compelling viewing

Spot on Col !  ..  

you’re way behind the times !   :D

Good though innit ...

• Haha 1

18 hours ago, Col city fan said:

By the first ‘season’ do you mean the first three series mate?

Sorry, I meant first series. Really enjoyed the chase. After that just found it dull, kept falling asleep. The wife watched it with intent but I just couldn't get into the remaining series 

Not read any of this so apologies if already said, but harlan coven is my favourite ever author for crime thrillers and Netflix have been making mini series out of his books. 

They are excellent. 

The stranger. 

Safe. 

And some in French/Polish with English subtitles:-

Une chance de trop. 

The woods. 

• Like 1

On 10/09/2020 at 05:29, Col city fan said:

I know I’m behind the times a little here but I’ve just discovered ‘The Fall’ on Netflix

The best thing I’ve watched in years. Utterly compelling viewing

The acting is fantastic, and I love the NI accent so it was an easy watch for me.

I felt that season 3 dragged on a bit, but it certainly went an interesting way.