Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
LinekersLugs

NETFLIX RECOMMENDATIONS: stuff to watch

Not Netflix or any other subscription channel, but Mortimer and Whitehouse Go Fishing. You'd not really think it would be wort a watch but, if you want to chill and escape for 30 mins, take a look. I was sceptical at first and I've missed the 1st 2 series, I wish I'd got involved earlier.

• Like 3

40 minutes ago, Parafox said:

Not Netflix or any other subscription channel, but Mortimer and Whitehouse Go Fishing. You'd not really think it would be wort a watch but, if you want to chill and escape for 30 mins, take a look. I was sceptical at first and I've missed the 1st 2 series, I wish I'd got involved earlier.

Absolutely agree. I don't have any interest in fishing and the premise sounds awful, but I love the show. Maybe helps that both of them are among my favourite comedians but its just a relaxing, amusing escape. 

56 minutes ago, Parafox said:

It's wonderful. When it was first commissioned I thought this could be really good, but it's close to perfect.

Given how close to death Bob Mortimer was because of his heart disease, I actually feel quite fortunate to be watching it. At the risk of sounding over sentimental, I love that guy.

I'm pretty sure at least the second series is still on iPlayer.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Greg2607 said:

for some reason my wife loves that series too. :whistle:

😂 Tbf it was my wife who started watching it (recommendation from her work friends) and I saw bits and bobs then got into it myself, but yeah I'm not sure what women see in it 🤔 it can't be the fact they fancy king Alfred, it is really good though! 

On 18/09/2020 at 08:09, howlinmadmurfdoc said:

Binge watched 8 episodes of Cobra Kai last night. Proper nostalgia trip and I always thought Daniel was a knob back in the day aswell.

On 18/09/2020 at 10:51, Chiltern Fox said:

I knocked out both series 1 and 2 in a few days. Yep, totally agree with point on daniel. He's a worm. Cobra kai over miyagi do anyday...

Great recommendation chaps, just binged S1 last night.

I mean the storyline is weak and the acting is wooden but it’s a great watch :D

Love the sound track and flash backs, takes me back to my youth. Gonna have to watch the karate kid film again just for old times sake I think.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Izzy said:

Great recommendation chaps, just binged S1 last night.

I mean the storyline is weak and the acting is wooden but it’s a great watch :D

Love the sound track and flash backs, takes me back to my youth. Gonna have to watch the karate kid film again just for old times sake I think.

Bloodsport also worth a view on NF.

• Thanks 1

On 13/09/2020 at 21:08, Bellend Sebastian said:

It's wonderful. When it was first commissioned I thought this could be really good, but it's close to perfect.

Given how close to death Bob Mortimer was because of his heart disease, I actually feel quite fortunate to be watching it. At the risk of sounding over sentimental, I love that guy.

I'm pretty sure at least the second series is still on iPlayer.

All series are on the iPlayer. I’ve just polished off Series 1. It reminds me a lot of the Trip but this feels more sincere and genuine 

• 2 weeks later...
On 14/09/2020 at 02:42, SeCrEt FoX said:

Absolutely hooked on 'The Last Kingdom'. I've not binged like that for a while. 

I am obsessed. Read the book series years ago and love them. Also love the series... but then again so does my mrs ... but she says “for a very different reason”

🤨

we have just started ratchet... American horror story spin off. Very good so far after 5 episodes

Edited by casablancas

2 minutes ago, casablancas said:

I am obsessed. Read the book series years ago and love them. Also love the series... but then again so does my mrs ... but she says “for a very different reason”

🤨

we have just started ratchet... American horror story spin off. Very good so far after 5 episodes

Also cooking with cannabis. But that’s mainly as I love my green. 

On 22/09/2020 at 00:31, Amin said:

Just finished watching The Speed Cubers. 

Never expected a 40 minute documentary about competitive rubiks cube solving would bring me to tears. 

Felix Zemdegs might be my new favourite person. 

Such a sweet documentary, not too long either, heard it recommended on the radio, well worth watching.

1 hour ago, Unabomber said:

Anyone seen an America Murder the family next door?

I wrote this in the TV shows thread but it makes more sense putting it here:

Didn't know about the case and was looking forward to it (if you know what I mean) given the hype about the doc.

Was hoping there'd be interesting twists and turns and sadly there weren't.

The poor kids especially. Genuinely grim.