LinekersLugs

NETFLIX RECOMMENDATIONS: stuff to watch

1 hour ago, Parafox said:

Shitt's Creek on Netflix. Decent American comedy series. Only discovered it last night and binge watched 5 episodes

I saw 5 mins once and it was just awful. I can't stand any of the people involved so no surprise. 

Edited by The Bear

Only a few months to wait for Amazon's fly-on-the-wall look at Spurs' inspiring 2019-20 season.  Inspired by Sunderland 'Til I Die, the working title is Spurs 'Til That Bastard Levy Drained My Last Drop Of Blood.  It'll be so much more fun than feeling sick for all those poor Sunderland supporters.

The final episode hasn't even happened yet, but let me venture this spoiler:

The season ends with the disappointment of losses to Leicester and (gasp) Palace, after Son Heung-Min gets sent off for the attempted decapitation of Wilf Zaha.  A furious Jose Mourinho throws Harry Kane under the bus -- literally -- as the team vehicle rolls out from Selhurst Park.

A fire which spreads from the Cheese Room causes the closure of the new Hotspur Stadium.  A witness reports seeing a man with short-cropped gray hair and cans of accelerant mumbling about a "Special One" in a Portuguese accent.  Daniel Levy spends an agonizing week on the phone convincing the FA he really did mail the check for Spurs' second year at Wembley, while he negotiates a third.

Levy publicizes big-money bids for Ruben Dias and Aaron Ramsey ... which go nowhere after he declines to improve his initial offers of 200,000 pounds per year over 50 years.  But he does go all in for Pierre-Emile Hojbjerg ... only to be outbid by Everton.  Levy states that getting Eric Dier back from suspension will be "like a new signing anyway" as Spurs look to the new season.

Don't miss it!  I surely won't.

• Haha 1

Binged on Murder Mountain and A Gray State recently two very different Netflix documentaries but both really interesting, if a bit unsettling at times (particularly A Gray State).

Been pretty knackered recently so needed something I could easily watch without thinking. 

Qué me watching Brooklyn 99 again from the start. Got to say it's one of my fav all time American comedies and it's cemented my love for Andy samberg after loving hot rod, that's my boy and popstar never stop believing. 

• Like 4

Three Identical Strangers (2018, 1h 36m)

When three teenagers meet by chance and discover they're identical triplets separated at birth, they're delighted -- until their true story emerges.

I much prefer watching this kind of stuff than long box sets.

• Like 1
On 18/07/2020 at 23:17, UpTheLeagueFox said:

Three Identical Strangers (2018, 1h 36m)

When three teenagers meet by chance and discover they're identical triplets separated at birth, they're delighted -- until their true story emerges.

I much prefer watching this kind of stuff than long box sets.

What an incredible but sad story.

To think they were used as research is deplorable and  nothing done about it.

• Like 1

Watched the first 2 episodes of Fear City, a documentary about the fight against the mafia in New York. A bit like The Sopranos from the FBI's point of view. Very interesting. 

10 minutes ago, Webbo said:

Watched the first 2 episodes of Fear City, a documentary about the fight against the mafia in New York. A bit like The Sopranos from the FBI's point of view. Very interesting. 

I looked at that earlier. Not sure the wife will be into it so will find some time to watch it myself. 

Peanut Butter Falcon:

https://www.netflix.com/title/80203525?s=a&trkid=13747225& t=cp

After running away from a residential nursing home to pursue his dream of becoming a pro wrestler, a man who has Down syndrome befriends an outlaw who becomes his coach and ally.

I've seen a few people saying this is really good. A funny, feel good film but not in an obvious over-saccharine way.  

It's got a fair few well known people in it, and gets good scores on both IMDb and Rotten Tomatoes. I'm gonna check it out one night this week. 

Edited by The Bear
On 04/08/2020 at 20:33, The Bear said:

Peanut Butter Falcon:

https://www.netflix.com/title/80203525?s=a&trkid=13747225& t=cp

I've seen a few people saying this is really good. A funny, feel good film but not in an obvious over-saccharine way.  

It's got a fair few well known people in it, and gets good scores on both IMDb and Rotten Tomatoes. I'm gonna check it out one night this week. 

Just watched this, really enjoyed, well worth a watch

• Like 2
  • 2 weeks later...
On 25/07/2020 at 22:02, Webbo said:

I've been debating watching that. Currently watching the most dangerous prisons and most wanted criminals which are both pretty interesting