Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
LinekersLugs

NETFLIX RECOMMENDATIONS: stuff to watch

10 hours ago, The Bear said:

Yeah I watched that a couple of weeks ago. I assume you're talking about the 1946 Orson Welles film? 

No! It was based on a book "the boy from the woods". 

Wasn't aware of a Welles film on there.

1 hour ago, Spudulike said:

OK, not Netflix but just finished the first series of Race across the world on iplayer. 

As the winning couple celebrated with champagne in Singapore one said this is 'like Leicester winning the Premier League'.!! 

Made me smile when i heard that. Series 1 is better than 2 imo but its an easy watch

On 05/05/2020 at 12:45, Manini said:

Yeah a lot of all time greats in a lot of sports have personality faults though don’t they. I think it must just come from the focus and desire to win at all costs in everything they do. I think he also knew that he was on a completely different planet to everybody else though - which probably frustrated him at the start, but it seems like Jackson got him to understand that he wasn’t going to get a ring scoring 60 points on his own every night. 

Watching the episode with Kobe now, very sad he’s no longer here. I wonder if they chose to air this weekly so they could go back and dedicate ep 5 to Kobe? Nice touch anyway. 

The plan was for this to air in June roundabout the same time as the NBA finals. ESPN moved it forward due to the virus stopping the world, and were still actually putting finishing touches to the episodes after it started. Think they said they could finish producing it in 5 weeks so that’s why there is 2 a week. 

18 minutes ago, lildave3 said:

The plan was for this to air in June roundabout the same time as the NBA finals. ESPN moved it forward due to the virus stopping the world, and were still actually putting finishing touches to the episodes after it started. Think they said they could finish producing it in 5 weeks so that’s why there is 2 a week. 

Ah okay that’s interesting! It’s incredibly well produced. 

4 minutes ago, lildave3 said:

It’s fantastic and it’s a shame there is only one more week left. 

Agreed, look forward to it each week.

For any basketball fans NBA 2K20 is massively reduced on PS4 and Xbox one at the moment. Costs around £3.

• Thanks 2

16 minutes ago, pds said:

Agreed, look forward to it each week.

For any basketball fans NBA 2K20 is massively reduced on PS4 and Xbox one at the moment. Costs around £3.

Thanks mate. Just bought it for my lad. Bargain :thumbup:

• Like 1

On 08/05/2020 at 09:36, Raj said:

Have watched both series of after life and I think if you disect it and take Ricky Gervais out it's actually pretty poor. 

On 10/05/2020 at 13:14, ScouseFox said:

the second series was definitely average at best. 

the first was pretty good,

I enjoyed the second series of After Life a lot more than the first

Can anyone give me a heads up about Derek? Watched some of the first episode and it's not really dragging me in. Is it a comedy?

3 hours ago, UpTheLeagueFox said:

Can anyone give me a heads up about Derek? Watched some of the first episode and it's not really dragging me in. Is it a comedy?

If you have to ask, the answer is no.

6 hours ago, UpTheLeagueFox said:

Derek's shit

• Like 3

I know it’s not 2008, and most have probably already watched it by now. But Ive watched most things I’m likely to be interested in now on Netflix. So I’ve started watching SOA again. Highly recommend it if you haven’t seen it. 

• Like 3

27 minutes ago, stix said:

I know it’s not 2008, and most have probably already watched it by now. But Ive watched most things I’m likely to be interested in now on Netflix. So I’ve started watching SOA again. Highly recommend it if you haven’t seen it. 

I loved the series when it was first out. Rewatched it a couple of years ago and still enjoyed it. Might have to give it a 3rd viewing as struggling for things to watch now.

14 hours ago, UpTheLeagueFox said:

imo... It's a similar vein to After Life, i found it very funny and quite emotional, well worth watching.

I hate basketball.

I couldn't name 3 players apart from Jordan,Bryant and Rodman. I couldn't name 2 teams.

But the last dance:,which folk have been going on about is very very informative and interesting

I love reading sports biographies and I reckon this'll be a good series( I'm only on episode 1!)

• Like 1