Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
FoxinNotts

Steven Bergwijn

Holland have a number of good young wingers coming through.

A raw talent but the Eredivisie is probably the most hit and miss league to sign players from, gems and flops galore have come from the Eredivisie to the Premier League.

A loan deal would make better sense tbf, spending big on an unproven talent like him would be a gamble.

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, kingfox said:

Holland have a number of good young wingers coming through.

A raw talent but the Eredivisie is probably the most hit and miss league to sign players from, gems and flops galore have come from the Eredivisie to the Premier League.

A loan deal would make better sense tbf, spending big on an unproven talent like him would be a gamble.

Agreed. A loan is a absolutely ideal. Try before you buy.

30 minutes ago, StriderHiryu said:

This is exactly the type of player we should be after. I don't think it's an outlandish signing at all either, from the player's perspective Leicester is a superb club to go to. 

Totally agree. People said we had no chance of getting Ricardo or Tielemans but we did and now they're flying. He'd prob double his wages & great manager & great owners & brand spanking new training facilities coming soon - we're an attractive proposition for a player like him.

11 minutes ago, Paddy. said:

Totally agree. People said we had no chance of getting Ricardo or Tielemans but we did and now they're flying. He'd prob double his wages & great manager & great owners & brand spanking new training facilities coming soon - we're an attractive proposition for a player like him.

I don’t remember people saying that about Ricardo or Tielemans. Certainly not Ricardo.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, coolhandfox said:

Why would PSV loan him, makes no sense for them, flops he value goes down. 

If he does well, his value rockets like Tielemans and they get a nice pay day. If he flops, they can keep him as hes clearly a key player for them. 

@Stadt Exactly. As in paying for a known quantity. Don't care if he sets the world on fire when he comes here.

Just want Rodgers to work with him and get a feel for his ability and where his head is at. Then we can splash the cash accordingly.

Edited by SO1

41 minutes ago, Stadt said:

Getting players in on a loan with possibility of signing them permanently makes so much sense. Football clubs are so stupid lmao 

It makes sense for the recipient. Usually very little for the potential seller, which is why it’s not usually a matter of teams being “stupid” but selling clubs almost never offering the option.

Makes me wonder what we'd actually be paying to get him on loan. Trying to think what's really in it for PSV to loan him to us - obviously the potential of signing him permanently but surely that leaves open the option of us not signing him too, meaning they lost him for 6 months for what?

Don't get me wrong Bergwijn on loan, with a view to permanent would be superb stuff, exactly the type of profile I want to see us going for and stylistically what I want to see as well - when we played Man City and Liverpool I felt we just lacked any serious threat bar Vardy. I want him to be a Zaha / Adama type player.

3 hours ago, StriderHiryu said:

This is exactly the type of player we should be after. I don't think it's an outlandish signing at all either, from the player's perspective Leicester is a superb club to go to. Memphis Depay, the last highly rated winger PSV had went straight to Man United and flopped because it was too big a move too soon. He has since reinvented himself at Lyon in France and been their best player, so he's still proven to be a good if not great player. For Bergwijn he can transfer to a club that plays high intensity technical football but without the pressure of having to perform every week. Perfect for a player in his early 20's to develop his game until he becomes a world beater, if he's got that in him.

He's honestly the type of player I expected us to sign in the summer, the other being Hwang Hee Chan of Salzburg. Both are technical players, young, experienced but with plenty of room to grow. The types of player that Rodgers would have a field day with.

Whether we get either of those two I don't know, but we will get someone like it I am certain. One of the big pluses we have is that we are literally proving ourselves to be a club you should sign for if you are a young up and comer; you will play regularly, you will improve and there is a high chance you will leave for a crazy fee and wage if you are good enough.

3 hours ago, StriderHiryu said:

Got to improve those defensive work rate stats to play for Leicester City! lol

Bergwijn.thumb.PNG.e21b1ca24ae9849104842ef33d9a6c26.PNG

His other strengths are fairly tasty though!

Please stop. I want this to happen so much and as @Jordan knows, I’ve been on a about him for a while. I’m beginning to feel like @SheppyFox with all this angst

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

34 minutes ago, Dan LCFC said:

Makes me wonder what we'd actually be paying to get him on loan. Trying to think what's really in it for PSV to loan him to us - obviously the potential of signing him permanently but surely that leaves open the option of us not signing him too, meaning they lost him for 6 months for what?

Don't get me wrong Bergwijn on loan, with a view to permanent would be superb stuff, exactly the type of profile I want to see us going for and stylistically what I want to see as well - when we played Man City and Liverpool I felt we just lacked any serious threat bar Vardy. I want him to be a Zaha / Adama type player.

Two absolute frauds there, massively over hyped by the media.

Their records at this level are shocking for what they would cost, similar to Maguire figures.

Fast, physical, goal scoring forward with a high work rate able to play anywhere across the front 3?

Can't believe people would seriously take Zaha/Adama over Antonio, their records are night and day.

4 hours ago, HoustonFox said:

Please stop. I want this to happen so much and as @Jordan knows, I’ve been on a about him for a while. I’m beginning to feel like @SheppyFox with all this angst

Well one thing I’d say is that despite looking really promising you never know if he can make the step up or not. Three players in recent seasons that left Holland on big moves have been Justin Kluivert, De Jong and De Ligt and none of them have torn up any trees yet, even if eventually they might all come good. 

I like this player a lot too and definitely think he has massive potential, but don’t see him as a slam dunk. It could definitely go either way with him whereas players like Neres and Ziyech I think would be more of a guarantee. But again I think that’s the sort of club we will be; we will pick up high potential players instead of proven ones and more times than not will improve said player. 

• Like 1