Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
M0901

Marc Albrighton

Said it before but he’s really growing into that full-back position this season. When he’d played it before I thought he wasn’t strong enough defensively and I thought wing-back was his best position these days. But he’s done well virtually every time he’s played full-back this season.

• Like 3

12 hours ago, Sampson said:

Said it before but he’s really growing into that full-back position this season. When he’d played it before I thought he wasn’t strong enough defensively and I thought wing-back was his best position these days. But he’s done well virtually every time he’s played full-back this season.

Disagree, think he’s really poor defensively and terrible as a fullback, which is a shame because his defensive work as a winger is great.

Not his fault though, ageing legs and lack of game time in a deeper role makes it difficult for him.

Edited by TJB-fox

17 minutes ago, TJB-fox said:

Disagree, think he’s really poor defensively and terrible as a fullback, which is a shame because his defensive work as a winger is great.

Not his fault though, ageing legs and lack of game time in a deeper role makes it difficult for him.

When was the last time he had a bad game as a full back though? He’s played it 4 or 5 times this season and done well every time.

2 hours ago, Sampson said:

Mate, you said he’s poor defensively and terrible as a full back. All players slip, one slip doesn’t make you terrible defensively.

I think you’re alone in thinking he had a bad game last night.

He is, I’m not basing my opinion on his slip last night though I’m basing it on watching him fill in at fullback over the years. 

As a fullback he’s positionally awful and gets his distances all wrong. 

Im not saying he had a bad game but his slip cost us the goal so you can’t say he played well. 

Not a dig at Mark I’m a big fan but he’s simply not a fullback and if you pay attention he really is quite poor there. I think because he’s been such a great servant and has such an exemplary attitude sometimes when he underperforms it gets looked over.

Edited by TJB-fox

• 2 weeks later...
11 hours ago, Will1981 said:

Left-Back, Right-Back, Left-Wing or Right-Wing he always puts in 100% effort and gives an 7 or 8 out of ten performance.

Legend.

Despite this season being poor, Albrighton overall has had a good one. Probably one of our more consistent players this time round.

Effort is always labelled with his performances, but he's better than that. He might not be a game changer like Maddison or Vardy but when he plays well we generally win. He's underrated even by our own fans!

Amazing we got him for free really.

• Like 4

8 minutes ago, StriderHiryu said:

Despite this season being poor, Albrighton overall has had a good one. Probably one of our more consistent players this time round.

Effort is always labelled with his performances, but he's better than that. He might not be a game changer like Maddison or Vardy but when he plays well we generally win. He's underrated even by our own fans!

Amazing we got him for free really.

Villa mate of mine is still cross about this now!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

15 minutes ago, ParkerPen said:

He should be! Boyhood fan of the club, has gone to become a legend for another club, winning the FA Cup and Premier League. My understanding is he didn't even want a massive new contract, just an extension! They really messed up big time with that one.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

21 minutes ago, StriderHiryu said:

He should be! Boyhood fan of the club, has gone to become a legend for another club, winning the FA Cup and Premier League. My understanding is he didn't even want a massive new contract, just an extension! They really messed up big time with that one.

Sort of gives you a indication of how poorly managed they were at the time, which resulted in their relegation to the Championship.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, ParkerPen said:

43 minutes ago, StriderHiryu said:

20 minutes ago, coolhandfox said:

Sort of gives you a indication of how poorly managed they were at the time, which resulted in their relegation to the Championship.

Took a while before Pearson dropped him into our starting XI though, so he didn't hit off from the start. I think around the time the Great Escape started he featured for us (probably not a coincidence).

• Like 1

On 03/03/2022 at 08:54, Sampson said:

The fact he is still topping our pressing stats and in the top 3% of pressers in the "big 5 leagues" at 32 is incredible. 

He's just relentless. Must be one of those players who you love to play with as a teammate and his teammates must feed off that kind of relentless energy.

Those stats are just unreal. Coupled with the fact that he seems so on top of his all round game at the moment I would have no reservations starting with him at the moment. Exactly the sort of example we need and brings out the best in those around him. 

On 18/02/2022 at 19:51, Ric Flair said:

Becoming our version of James Milner

Always seen him as a less talented Milner. Just happy to put a shift in, brings a tremendous level of work rate and will happily play where he's needed. I do enjoy the simplicity to his game, his first thought is always to go forwards quickly and is always looking to keep the tempo up. 

I really wish we could transfer the mentality of some of the title winning team into some of our newer more talented players. They probably wouldn't be with us if they were the whole package though.