Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
M0901

Marc Albrighton

Should have come off when Vestergaard did, if not earlier.

He cannot beat players. Only option is to go back all the time. 

I understand playing him, after he scored, but Vardy's pace has always frightened them and we needed it today.

5 minutes ago, Fox92 said:

Should have come off when Vestergaard did, if not earlier.

He cannot beat players. Only option is to go back all the time. 

I understand playing him, after he scored, but Vardy's pace has always frightened them and we needed it today.

His corners were awful. I thought Bertrand was going to be taking them now?

10 hours ago, VictorFox said:

Do people still think this guys good enough for us? 

I like Albrighton, you know what you're going to get from him but whilst certain others are consistently in the 11 (often ahead of him) I think this discussion is for another day,

Edited by Matt

Albrighton was not the problem yesterday, he worked tirelessly in support of Castagne helping to try and deal with Grealish & Cancelo. He played the ball to Vardy in the build up to the Barnes cut back, the flick to Castagne in the build up to Barnes hitting the bar & the ball to Kelechi for the Lookman opportunity - he was involved in anything positive we did! 

• Like 2

On 05/09/2021 at 22:25, lcfc sheff said:

It amazes me how he can’t take a corner, mind you none of our players can… but considering he’s a decent crosser of the ball it’s double weird 

Well in pre-season Bertrand took some crackers & free kicks also, but for some reason he wasn't used yesterday. Just another baffling decision.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Ross 'LCFC' Turner said:

Albrighton was not the problem yesterday, he worked tirelessly in support of Castagne helping to try and deal with Grealish & Cancelo. He played the ball to Vardy in the build up to the Barnes cut back, the flick to Castagne in the build up to Barnes hitting the bar & the ball to Kelechi for the Lookman opportunity - he was involved in anything positive we did! 

This 100% he did the hard work that goes unnoticed a lot, he was chasing whilst they knocked  it around in triangles around him, knowing he would not get the ball but putting the pressure on. He was tired and deserved to be tired with the work he put in

I still can't understand how people don't realise he runs around a lot because he's constantly out of position. 

There are sides that will be relegated from this league, that wouldn't even start him.

Starting him, with players like Iheanacho/Daka/Soumare/KDH on the bench is just depressing.

18 hours ago, Lcfcbisto said:

This 100% he did the hard work that goes unnoticed a lot, he was chasing whilst they knocked  it around in triangles around him, knowing he would not get the ball but putting the pressure on. He was tired and deserved to be tired with the work he put in

Was that after he'd just given the ball away again? He's completed less than 50% of his attempted passes this season. Nobody else in the squad has completed less than 65%.

Edited by SouthStandUpperTier

7 minutes ago, SouthStandUpperTier said:

Was that after he'd just given the ball away again. He's completed less than 50% of his attempted passes this season. Nobody else in the squad has completed less than 65%.

Fbref (which I assume is where you got this figure from) includes corners as a pass, so his numbers get skewed more than others.

Also a large portion of his passes attempted are switches across the pitch and crosses, most likely I assume are attempts to play the ball in behind for Vardy.

He’s the perfect player to bring on in a game where he can defend deep and ping long counter attacking passes. He shouldn’t be starting because he’s so slow and predictable.

I do like him but if we want to play this BR’s sort of football we need someone who is physically and technically better than him.

Only person I can think of in out squad to go out there is Ricardo or Lookman. I would still much rather have Albrighton ahead of Perez

• Like 1