Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
M0901

Marc Albrighton

think people writing albrighton out of our starting xi are so harsh

in current system fair enough, it does not suit his style of football; but if we are playing two up top and need a more defensive hard working winger I think he should be starting

he gives us adaptability as well as effort - what a ledge

• Like 1

Dont pretend that a decent performance against a championship level Greek side means that Albrighton should be back in contention for a starting spot. Hes extremely limited now in an attacking sense. Having said that given the current decimation of our defensive options I'd prob have him as the starting rwb in the league for the time being allowing Justin to be one of the 3 CB.

• Sad 1

1 minute ago, Gubbins said:

Dont pretend that a decent performance against a championship level Greek side means that Albrighton should be back in contention for a starting spot. Hes extremely limited now in an attacking sense. Having said that given the current decimation of our defensive options I'd prob have him as the starting rwb in the league for the time being allowing Justin to be one of the 3 CB.

No one has said that....just saying hes a brilliant player to have around the squad.

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, frany104 said:

Exactly the games he should play in. Great servant to the club but should t be anywhere near the starting 11 for the league. He’s a great option to being on when defending a lead or giving others a rest

I'm confused. So albrighton should be playing in Europe and not the PL? I'm sure the starting 11 would have a differing view to that. He also started and didnt come on to protect a lead (even though that's what he's usually utilized as)

10 hours ago, Grebfromgrebland said:

I thought all the old guard played really well just when we needed a bit of grit and determination.  

To think we started with Fuchs and Morgan, who I thought were finished, Albrighton, Vardy and Schmeichel and still won the game is remarkable.

Grit and determination - were sadly lacking in some of games in the second half of last season.

Good circumstances last night for Marc. Scrappy game, poor pitch, and against average opponents where we were never required to produce any real quality to get the win. As such, his industry and hard work came to the fore and he was definitely one of our better performers.

He is an extremely useful man to have in and around the squad given the number of fixtures and injury list we have, but he is absolutely not a starting calibre wide man for a team aspiring to qualify for European football any more, especially with the style Rodgers wants to implement as he isn't dynamic enough in our out of possession. His role as an "impact" sub is likely also limited to helping shore a game up, rather than producing any real impact in attack.

None of that detracts from what a great servant he has, and will continue to be to the club.

• Like 1

It really does seem to be a strange time to be questioning the value of squad players in the middle of a fixture pile up and an injury crisis.

The value of Morgan and Fuchs in particular has surely been demonstrated in the last couple of games. Experienced back up who are prepared to wait around until they’re needed. Albrighton, although younger, fits into that category and is worth keeping unless (at only 30) he feels that he has something to prove elsewhere.

People say they’re not good enough anymore are right. That’s precisely why they aren’t first team players unless there is a crisis. Like .... er ..... NOW?