Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
simFox

Corona Virus

Message added by Mark

No political discussion in this topic. That is complaining about a country, a politician, a party and/or its voters, etc

Fire in the belly this morning.
- Students showing great spirit and camaraderie and really trying to use the new online systems.
- Takeaway draught ale ordered.
- Soap arrived through the post.
- Opened up my draw to get my camera out and found a spare roll of that-which-must-not-be-named.

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

1 minute ago, Darkon84 said:

We have our own meeting later on today. It's assumed we will announce the same action.

USA/Canada border closes for all non-essential travel now too.

That's gonna be a blow to the mexican people smugglers

11 minutes ago, stripeyfox said:

Number of cases

As of 9am on 18 March 2020, 56,221 people have been tested in the UK, of which 53,595 were confirmed negative and 2,626 were confirmed positive. The latest confirmed number of deaths will be announced later today.

big spike in the last few days

On another point, on Moneysavingsexpert Sky have said today that customers can freeze sky sports subscriptions as they are not getting the service.

How brilliant!!!

Then they said ring us as you can't do it online, presume they would be able to work out how many people might ring.  Next thing I saw nobody could get through......hhmmmmm.

Next thing you know Amazon will be exploiting workers by saying they HAVE to work overtime, for a pittance of OT.

Team spirit and all that, or perhaps some see an opportunity to exploit the situation.

3 hours ago, Izzy said:

We're now on bog roll rationing in our house. The kids use about 10 sheets a wipe when 2 will do. 

I've now mastered the art of one wipe per sheet.

My daughter uses more in 1 day that the other 3 of us put together in about a month!!!  Bogrollgeddon.......

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Stuntman_Mike said:

It comes across as sensationalist in the wording and there is zero source or reference involved, but I could see it happening. 

Maybe, but I don't think we're at that stage yet. Even in countries with "lockdowns" these have been largely achieved through compliance. Perhaps somewhat suprisingly there has been no civil disorder yet.