Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
simFox

Corona Virus

Message added by Mark

No political discussion in this topic. That is complaining about a country, a politician, a party and/or its voters, etc

32 minutes ago, swanlee said:

I've trained through the summer months for a couple of marathons. Hated it .... your long run on a Sunday and all you see is beer gardens full of people, picnics, bbq's & queues at ice cream vans. This while you slog out a solitary 20 miles in the sunshine. Purgatory!

The pain lol 

I remember one marathon, about 24 miles in and badly hurting, some spectators were holding half pints of beer out for the runners. We went over and my (fitter) mate downed it in one and continued without effect. I reached out and then had a vision of being crumpled up on the floor with stitch So quickly withdrew my hand. 

After I’d finished, I got my medal and went through horse guards to the pub where my mates were waiting for me with the most welcome and refreshing pint(s) I’d ever had.

I wonder if a pinned thread with key information and important updates on Coronavirus would be a good idea. Maybe bulletpoints to help people find answers to their questions a bit easier. 

I would set it up by I'm useless for keeping up on news

8 hours ago, davieG said:

Bloody arsehole
Just been in the Lidl..
Saw a fella whose trolley was full to the brim with hand sanitizers, baby wipes, soaps, everything that people need...😡!
I called him a selfish bastard ....and gave him a low down about the elderly and mums etc..who need these types of things.
Told him he should be bloody ashamed of himself...🤬🤬
He said: “that’s all well and good mate but I work here, and can I carry on filling the shelves now?”..

You Joke, a friend of mine had someone call his Mum a selfish cow in a local supermarket for bulk buying toilet roll.

She is the warden of the one of the biggest care homes for the elderly in the town and her usual supplier was out of stock.

• Sad 2

46 minutes ago, Innovindil said:

Because if you announce it first you give the impression that it was your idea and your leading the way? When in all likelyhood it's been agreed together? :mellow:

I don't get that impression that it was their idea just cos they announce it first?

I see it that they just want to take initiative in their own countries and want to protect the children/school staff/families and don't fancy waiting? 

Maybe the fact it wasn't agreed together has caused them to act first? 

I don't get where the political points scoring is in this scenario. 

Guest Harrydc
5 minutes ago, Izzy said:

There's your problem mate

It's hard not too, don't do the anxiety any good at all! 🙄

Hope you're staying well mate. 

I'm in central London and haven't heard anything about an imminent lock down yet -  I work a minute away from Holborn police station and there aren't any more police around and certainly no military. It's an absolute ghost town around here.

1 minute ago, bovril said:

It is being reported in some press too. Wouldn't be surprised now. Just hope people are sensible and don't try and flee. 

Whilst I agree with many about Twitter and using social media, bovril is quite correct.

Both the Telegragh and Sun in the last three hours have reported it. Reports of leaks close to the mayor's office as well. Just warming us all up imo. Before the weekend defo to be introduced. 

What joy!

20 minutes ago, bovril said:

It is being reported in some press too. Wouldn't be surprised now. Just hope people are sensible and don't try and flee. 

Toooo late. My mate just got an uber to Leicester. Is going to self isolate at home though so that's something.

11 minutes ago, StanSP said:

Confirmed that schools will be shut after Friday for foreseeable future. 

Except for children who are vulnerable and key worker children and, therefore, anyone else who cares to turn up. 

This is politic double speak designed to keep open the schools whilst declaring them closed. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, foxile5 said:

Except for children who are vulnerable and key worker children and, therefore, anyone else who cares to turn up. 

This is politic double speak designed to keep open the schools whilst declaring them closed. 

Might be a bit suspect if the entire school shows up on monday eh.

• Haha 1