Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
simFox

Corona Virus

Message added by Mark

No political discussion in this topic. That is complaining about a country, a politician, a party and/or its voters, etc

4 minutes ago, FoxesDeb said:

I'm really struggling to understand why people feel that we have to be put under some kind of lockdown before they will change their behaviour, in fact it's making me pretty angry. Everything I've heard has been clear, why can't people just follow the fvcking advice? Why do they need to be forced into something? 

Sadly a percentage of the population are self centred, thick and irresponsible, and are around other self centred, thick and irresponsible people.

With that group mentality you get scenes like the crammed Skegness and Whitstable beaches yesterday and the idiots at pubs Friday night.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Innovindil said:

Either taking the piss or completely oblivious to what the NHS folk have been able to shop for the last week. :unsure:

That's very worrying if he's not taking the piss!

As if the NHS haven't been working flat out and missing out on being able to shop whilst everyone else needlessly stockpiled.

It worries me his first thought was NHS stripping shelves before public can enter. Wonder what the reaction would be if public went first and NHS were left for the scraps...

Guest MattP

Please read the whole article rather than a paragraph.

Aside from it being brilliant journalism it deserves more than what we are currently seeing on Twitter from the usual morons.

1 hour ago, BKLFox said:

I've done the same mate and like you I discussed this with my brother and sister and we came to the decision like sensible adults that for HER safety we have to stay away and not because Boris told us too or didn't tell us too as some seem to think 

Have a gr8 Skype call with your mum and keep her smiling 

Our son came around with a Mother's Day gift and card. Put it on the doorstep and spoke to us from the bottom of the drive which is about 15 to 20ft away. Mind you the neighbours could have joined in. :P

• Haha 1

I noticed my local open-air Sunday market was still on today - bit of a grey area I guess in that it sells food so is essential in that sense but isn't quite the in-and-out job of a supermarket. Somewhere between going to a cafe and going to a supermarket. 

Was wondering how appropriate it would be to go down there - given they're all independent traders they may need the support more than ever. Then again they may all be quids-in having been ransacked in the same way as the supermarkets lol

3 minutes ago, MattP said:

Please read the whole article rather than a paragraph.

Aside from it being brilliant journalism it deserves more than what we are currently seeing on Twitter from the usual morons.

Still stands to reason that he shouldn't have been anywhere near this from the start to be fair. In fact I'd say it's possible that the muddled communication from the government is at least in part a hangover from the normal-circs Cummings MO of systematic disinformation. Probably why we were still seeing these ludicrous sounding board drips to lobby hacks - Peston etc. Old habits die hard.

Nonetheless one can't pin this all on him - at the end of the day he is an adviser as is explicit in his title and the buck stops with Johnson and the decision-makers.

15 hours ago, Paninistickers said:

Enough to sort you for one night then! 

Whenever this whole thing is sorted, we'll have to have a catch up in Shepherd's Bush again. 

We lost the semi overall, but that boozer had 4 city fans to 0 Villa 🙂....in fact so few were in there we could claim the pub was 80% City

Yeah we'll do it again, hopefully for a Champions League match next time.

1 hour ago, Guesty said:

When this is all over. It will be interesting seeing the investigations into our response. I've long been uncomfortable with unelected officials (with no accountabilty) having to so much power in how the country is run. It seems to happen in all politicial parties now. This is the sort of event where they won't be able to hide away and avoid official scrutiny.

Also hope they reconsider how they train some emergency services. Whilst doing a degree takes the training cost off the government and puts it on the individual. Maybe apprenticeships and on the job training would be better in case anything like this ever happens again.

It's also frustraing that if you got your driving licence before 1997 you can drive an ambulance but if you passed after you have to take a medical, entirely new theory and practical test for the C1 category. Maybe their's a logical reason for it. But could it not be included in the training, because I'd apply. An intensive C1 training course costs around £1000-1500 and it's hard to part with that money for a career change into a student technician when you don't know when it's next going to be advertised or if you'll even be given the job. And if you already have a degree you don't get any financial assistance to do a paramedic degree. 

When this is all over there should and will be an investigation into this but as a lessons learnt exercise and not an inursance where's there's blame there's a claim style investigation that won't bring anyone sadly lost back.

Look up the word that is being put out by every nation in the world on the scale of this virus out break, Unprecedented, this has never happened before there is no script that each nation flips out and follows, this to an effect is trial and error sadly, globally not just in the U.K. 

Its easy for us to sit on our keyboards and say why weren't the planes grounded and borders shut in January or when ever but at that time not a great deal was known and think of the affect that would have had on the economy and the logistics of having U.K. Nationals strewn all over the world, would any of us like any member of our immediate family not be with them right now, now that more is known.

We all need to understand it's a balance on when things should be or not be done, who's to say we close in January and reopen 4 weeks later that's a week more than WHOs recommended isolation period so it should kill it off right no movement no bridging but who's to say that it wouldn't just lie dormant and raise its ugly head twice as big and twice as nasty..we just don't know because it's unprecedented.

With regards to your 2nd statement regarding training etc well unfortunately it needs events like this to advance technology, skills and procedures and that's why we need a lessons learnt investigation.

Without wars and conflicts we wouldn't have had jet engines when we did, we wouldn't be saving patience of car and machinery accidents in our trauma wards on a daily bases without war, the list could go on, and more recently the tragic events of Grenfell has provided lesson has it not with regards to how tower block fires are fought along with materials used in construction.

Having an investigation just to blame a figure head doesn't bring anybody back just like Angela Merkel apologising for Hitler doesn't erase the events.

We All need to be held accountable for our actions, yes I believe the shops should be forced shut now unless they provide an essential service but why arnt CEOs shutting the shops they have the financial package why does it need the government to say shut and why does it need the government to shut them to stopping people walking around a next for instance, We All need to be leaders!

6 minutes ago, ithuriel said:

Actually it has been going on through certain peeps for the past week due to greedy peeps, also mentioning shops that are helpful.

Absolutely, assuming that it is true. I would only do so if you have established that first hand. 

“I do not know how real this accusation is but when it exists, who in their right mind would trust you to bring them medication?" Mr Khamenei said. "Possibly your medicine is a way to spread the virus more.”

Without offering any evidence, he also alleged that the virus “is specifically built for Iran using the genetic data of Iranians which they have obtained through different means”.

****ing chance does the world have as a whole when people like this exist? :huh:

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Izzy said:

It's tough mate, it really is. 

When all this is finally over we must meet up for that long overdue cuppa tea.

Stay safe Geoff and look after yourself.

Been too long, mate. So many school memories to reminisce about.

1 hour ago, BKLFox said:

I've done the same mate and like you I discussed this with my brother and sister and we came to the decision like sensible adults that for HER safety we have to stay away and not because Boris told us too or didn't tell us too as some seem to think 

Have a gr8 Skype call with your mum and keep her smiling 

Mum has woken up today and decided herself she WON'T now be coming for lunch.

As gutted as I am that she won't be there, we will do a facetime with her and I'll drop off a plate of food after (safe distance naturally).

Stay safe everyone x

• Like 3

16 minutes ago, String fellow said:

If having sex with one's possibly infected partner is now on the growing list of things to avoid, maybe the authorities should start to regard all of the 'gentleman's interest' websites in a less unfavourable way.

This genuinely made me chuckle. 🤣

14 minutes ago, Line-X said:

Absolutely, assuming that it is true. I would only do so if you have established that first hand. 

Why its nice when they are in the store filming, not all the time and occasionally put up by peeps I know but that is why I said possibly for Gypsy Lane because no pictures or film yet.

1 hour ago, z-layrex said:

So NHS hour at tesco was absolute pandemonium this morning. How is it fair for NHS workers to strip the shelves before the public can even enter? Plus social distancing? I haven't been in such a crowd of people since the last gig I went to.

I'm not convinced that all of the hoards of people surrounding Beaumont Leys Tesco this morning were NHS workers. Read so many incidents elsewhere of queues being full of NHS workers as well as the general public. As usual there appears to be swarms of selfish bastards everywhere. The wife attempted to go this morning, as she works for the NHS but saw the queues and came back home. 

My family is in a fortunate position that despite the number of hours my wife works, I'm working from home so I can help with the shopping. Same can't be said for every person in the NHS. I'd probably re-think about what's fair and not fair, when you consider the selfish behaviour of so many people in this country. I certainly don't begrudge any of those hard working NHS folk an hour a week to do their shop.