Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
simFox

Corona Virus

Message added by Mark

No political discussion in this topic. That is complaining about a country, a politician, a party and/or its voters, etc

1 minute ago, Foxxed said:

Or they think it's fine to catch it because they were initially told it's fine to catch it?

Aren't we suppose to get behind each other now, rather than attack each other?

Nope, we should be expected to provide some level of self sufficiency and as individuals act for the good of wider society, not only ourselves.

5 hours ago, UpTheLeagueFox said:

We'd arranged to have mum over for lunch at my sister's for Mother's Day. Me and my sister discussed it at length today with our concerns. Mum insists she wants to come and accepts there'd be no physical contact and as much safe distancing as possible. She rarely leaves the house (due to age and mobility) and she loves seeing everyone together (there'd be 3 adults, 3 kids aged 10-13 and her). It's a real conflict. Me and my sister go and do jobs at mum's (at a safe distance as possible) so is it any different to that? You're right Izzy mate, it's all fvckin nuts.

It's tough mate, it really is. 

When all this is finally over we must meet up for that long overdue cuppa tea.

Stay safe Geoff and look after yourself.

12 hours ago, Aus Fox said:

Yes, they’re still burning. Most are now under control but they are still burning. This is today’s map.

B5A4019D-9F32-49E0-AF9E-20A36A61A537.jpeg

That's weird, all the news reports I've read about it lately have been written in the past tense, granted it's not something I've been looking at in great detail.  Maybe these ones don't count as 'exceptional' anymore?  I dunno.

4 minutes ago, Izzy said:

It's tough mate, it really is. 

When all this is finally over we must meet up for that long overdue cuppa tea.

Stay safe Geoff and look after yourself.

It is tough, but equally for the sake of 1 day it's not worth the risk. Mothers day is a lovely thing, but in the same way I think about valentines day, hopefully it pretty much being cancelled this year will make us all appreciate not just our mums, but all our family all year round and not just designated days.

• Like 1

Cummings been pulling the strings behind Boris since 2016. Ever since he pulled off the Brexit vote thing and made Boris relevant, the pair have this trust in each other. Cummings is a character from Black Mirror. Who makes total mockery of ‘we don’t want non elected persons making our decisions’ 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Just walked round to the corner shop as I'd ran out of butter. Saw two driving instructors giving lessons. I know it's tough for the self employed at the minute, but I'm not sure spending an hour sat next to someone in a small car, whilst they touch all the implements and the driving it straight after them complies with the social distancing rules.

• Sad 1

40 minutes ago, shanetko said:

This is the real decision maker. Taken from today’s Times.

8417F127-A6FD-4183-B884-7A04D9100D6E.jpeg

I understand the herd immunity approach but with this virus, that approach simply makes the big quick peak line unavoidable....... how can supposed clever people not recognise that ?????

2 hours ago, Sly said:

Saw this earlier as well .....

image.png

It's ironic whoever made that graphic probably were on their high horse looking down on all the "dumb people" when in reality it's the most stupid representation you could make. 

With those figures you'd be looking at a quarter of a billion deaths world wide. 

9 hours ago, Facecloth said:

It airborne and hes sat, probably facing his mate for a good chunk of time about a foot away. People need to get out their head they can't leave the house at all, you can go for walk or run or a bike ride, but just don't stop to chat to your mate for half an hour, or sit outside a cafe having a brew with a friend. Its social distancing, it is what it says, distance yourself socially, it isn't house arrest.

Isn't this part of the problem though? Not hard to see why there's confusion. Either you can't leave the house at all, or you actually can leave the house and you can go for a walk or run or bike ride, but not both. So which one is it?

6 hours ago, Cardiff_Fox said:

Just post event media pleasing waffle. The damage was done as soon as he said it recorded on TV. Message was over to the public. 

Just like the insistence that public events should continue in early March. Undermining the closures this past week. 

Just like when he said he went walking around a hospital shaking the hands of Coronavirus patients two weeks. Completely undermining his message of the last week. 

Just like his Dad went waffling on about still visiting the pub. Undermining his sons message. 

Just like he went on during one of this weeks briefing about ‘we will make this quick cos we’ve had a lot of these this week.’ 

First case of the virus in the UK was confirmed 31st January, the first Cobra meeting 2nd March. 

Whilst he may be decisive behind the scenes, his whole persona displayed to the public has constantly belittled and undermined the seriousness of the situation. 

He thinks he's a comic version of Winston Churchill. What you say is a major issue. The public has the right to see their leader and Prime Minister at press conferences yet when he appears he is more akin to a waffling comedian hosting an awards ceremony than a prime minister. His governement has with complete cosnistency been overtaken by both the public and events. Instead of leading they have largely followed. The chancellor's address the other day was the first time I felt our government was taking this seriously enough.

His message re mother's day at the press conference was a rambling jokey kind of nonesense. Why on earth did he not come out and say don't go even if it should have been obvious to people he needs to lead, fact is he isn't capable of it.

Edited by reynard
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, ealingfox said:

Isn't this part of the problem though? Not hard to see why there's confusion. Either you can't leave the house at all, or you actually can leave the house and you can go for a walk or run or bike ride, but not both. So which one is it?

Read the bit you've highlighted again :)

Oly Edwards

I’ve stayed really quiet on all of this so far because I couldn’t really be bothered to wade in.. however, seeing so many posts about people trying to get the basics in shops, I feel my 10p might be worth something for once..

These are crazy times & understandably people are confused & scared! I can understand why people may have initially gone out & panic bought a lot of goods however now we are learning more from supermarkets that are coming forward to explain their supply chain processes i cannot understand why this continues!

This may get me in trouble but I feel the need to explain this to people that might trust my first hand experience & pass on to their family & friends.

I work for Lidl GB managing 1 shift of 3 picking goods for our regions 48 stores. I can tell you now our warehouse is full! Actually, bursting with stock! It has been throughout this past few weeks! The problem we have is we are struggling to pick it fast enough to send to our stores! My team are absolute warriors & the pressure on them at the minute is un-bearable! The work & effort going in to ensuring our stores have stock is immense & quite simply is not sustainable! I’m sure we are not the only warehouse in the country feeling the massive strain right now! Not only are our teams working around the clock ensuring our stores have as much stock In as possible, they are doing so in an environment that is the exact polar opposite to what the government is now recommending.. social isolation!

Not only am I extremely proud of each & every one of my colleagues, I am in awe of their resilience to show up each day & smash it head on knowing they will be on shift way past their official finish time! 👊🏻

Moral of the story folks, be calm, shop as you usually would! There is plenty food to go around, give us a fighting chance to get it to you & you can all sit at home with a beer, on a throne of bog roll until this all blows over! 😎 Everyone needs supply’s right now & if we all just continue as normal food would be one less thing to worry about! 👍🏻

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, ealingfox said:

Like I said people need to get out their head they can't leave the house, they can. I'm not sure why you're confused. It's pretty clear. 

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, Facecloth said:

Like I said people need to get out their head they can't leave the house, they can. I'm not sure why you're confused. It's pretty clear. 

Whoops, my mistake, I didnt take the first part of the sentence in. Sorry.

Yes I am finding this criticism of anyone who even dares set foot outside a little tiresome.

40 minutes ago, Facecloth said:

Just walked round to the corner shop as I'd ran out of butter. Saw two driving instructors giving lessons. I know it's tough for the self employed at the minute, but I'm not sure spending an hour sat next to someone in a small car, whilst they touch all the implements and the driving it straight after them complies with the social distancing rules.

I had to cancel my lessons. Felt so sorry for my instructor as he just doesn't have any idea what's gonna happen 

13 minutes ago, ealingfox said:

Whoops, my mistake, I didnt take the first part of the sentence in. Sorry.

Yes I am finding this criticism of anyone who even dares set foot outside a little tiresome.

No worries :thumbup:

1 hour ago, Sir Shep said:

Well that was announced after I’d gone home on Friday, maybe it will change but for now what I said is where I am. Can my work place get it? Does it cover temporary, sporadic unpaid leave? I’ll have to wait and see. 

It does.  The same happened last week at my place where some were put on to a week on week off rota.  They will be covered during their time off.  I suspect it's the same everywhere 

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, shanetko said:

This is the real decision maker. Taken from today’s Times.

8417F127-A6FD-4183-B884-7A04D9100D6E.jpeg

This echoes the BuzzFeed story which claims that there was a divide between most of the scientists/experts on one side and Patrick Vallance and Classic Dom on the other until the Imperial College study that crunched the numbers from Italy came out