Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
simFox

Corona Virus

Message added by Mark

No political discussion in this topic. That is complaining about a country, a politician, a party and/or its voters, etc

Let’s be real on workers - Italy have only just stopped non essential business’ from operating.  So the govt must realise that there will still be big demand for transport into London. They have suspended the congestion charge. They could suspect parking restrictions in the royal parks (which are shut but could be opened for cars only) and other routes which would not suffer with parking relaxed. 

they aren’t thinking too laterally ???

9 minutes ago, Facecloth said:

Yep, limit the service and more people will end up in the same place. Same as some bus services reducing to 1 per hour. Just means more people on a bus rather than spread out. I honestly don't think the decision makers (and I don't just mean politicians) understand how the average person goes about their day. Did they think people would just stop using them? If they have to get to work, if they are a key worker, then they will use the service how ever you supply it, so add more to ease the crush, not less to make people closer.

The decision to reduce sevices is purely financial.

We actually need to do one of two things, shut it all down or run more services to spread out the numbers. 

12 minutes ago, joachim1965 said:

The decision to reduce sevices is purely financial.

We actually need to do one of two things, shut it all down or run more services to spread out the numbers. 

100%. But now the Government has taken over the railway services, surely they'll increase trains back to standard levels? I'd have thought so anyway.

2 hours ago, everton carr said:

Love the way the BBC covered the story and just referred to Tommy as a man Passing by.The guy won a major award in the Danish Parliament a couple of months ago and guess what the BBC and all MSM totally ignored it

Muppet

35 minutes ago, urban.spaceman said:

Close the whole ****ing thing.

If you close the tube how are key workers getting to work?

4 hours ago, spacemunky said:

Got to Walmart here in Canada for opening at 7am. Was maybe 7 or 8 of us waiting to get in. The woman working there said it was seniors only from 7 to 8. So we stood there for maybe 10 minutes when I said "So where's the seniors at?"

They let us in. Got TP and some hand sanitizer and some other essentials, which are mostly for my sisters(who are seniors and can't get out).

Such a weird vibe being in the store now, even though it's huge and there wasn't many of us this early.

Yoh got hand sanitizer wow. I cant find that or antibacterial refill soap. I got bar soap at least

1 minute ago, Leicester_Loyal said:

99% of those will have underlying health issues though. An 18 year old died yesterday morning too.

You may be right, but not necessarily,  a 12 year old is fighting for life in the states who has no underlying health issues.

2 minutes ago, joachim1965 said:

You may be right, but not necessarily,  a 12 year old is fighting for life in the states who has no underlying health issues.

Unfortunately she will be the 1%. Although from the article I read, it made it sound like had pneumonia first, then caught CV while in hospital. We can't be sure at the moment though. Hopefully she pulls through.

5 minutes ago, HEGGSY said:

Telegraph reporting an announcement of all “non essential” shops to be closed, likely tonight.

I think a lot have already started to so this over the last couple of days so things may not look all that different if out and about

9 minutes ago, Leicester_Loyal said:

99% of those will have underlying health issues though. An 18 year old died yesterday morning too.

Underlying health conditions can literally just mean very mild asthma or mildly high blood pressure though. It's not necessarily just the straw the breaks the camel's back on people with severe health problems as some are trying to read into this. I'm sure about half the population have some kind of "underlying health condition" that could be factored in.

Edited by Sampson
  • Like 1

7 minutes ago, Leicester_Loyal said:

Underlying health issues, what does that even really mean? My 16 year old son with mild asthma? 

3 minutes ago, Leicester_Loyal said:

Unfortunately she will be the 1%. Although from the article I read, it made it sound like had pneumonia first, then caught CV while in hospital. We can't be sure at the moment though. Hopefully she pulls through.

Pneumonia is what happens when coronavirus goes wrong, she didn't catch it in hospital it's what she went in with 

2 hours ago, Izzy said:

Yeah this home schooling lark ain't gonna last 12 weeks.

We're 5 hours in and I'm this close to murdering at least one of my kids.

Who'd be a teacher? You have my upmost respect.

My wife is a teacher (over here) and i totally agree. The things she tells me about on a daily is shocking.  Most of us only have to deal with our own kids, imagine 20 to 30 everyday. It sounds like an easy job but it really isnt when you add in the politics of dealing with parents and such. The good thing is my wife doesnt take shite so my kids are getting home schooled and kept in line while i wfh upstairs in peace lol

Schools were closed last week for march break here in Ontario but before the break the government announced a mandatory closure of 2 weeks after March break and its likely to be extended.  We arent even at the european levels of cases. Trying to stay ahead of the pack on this one but still a lot of morons out there.

3 minutes ago, Sampson said:

Underlying health conditions can literally just mean very mild asthma or mildly high blood pressure though. It's not necessarily just the straw the breaks the camel's back on people with severe health problems. I'm sure about half the population have some kind of "underlying health condition" that could be factored in.

That was the point I was trying to make, people still think it's only the oldies that will die, it really isn't,  I am 55 , fit and healthy, never smoked in my life, cycle 14 miles a day to work and have run a couple of half marathons in the last few years but I am concerned .

6 minutes ago, Sampson said:

Underlying health conditions can literally just mean very mild asthma or mildly high blood pressure though. It's not necessarily just the straw the breaks the camel's back on people with severe health problems as some are trying to read into this. I'm sure about half the population have some kind of "underlying health condition" that could be factored in.

2 minutes ago, FoxesDeb said:

Underlying health issues, what does that even really mean? My 16 year old son with mild asthma? 

Pneumonia is what happens when coronavirus goes wrong, she didn't catch it in hospital it's what she went in with 

I 100% know it's not just the old, but in the majority of cases (literally like 98-99%) are people with underlying health issues, which could even be something like mild asthma, it hasn't been clarified as we don't know enough about it yet.

She went in with CV or with Pneumonia? None of us know for sure, but she was diagnosed with Pneumonia on 15th April, which was 8 days ago now. She's since tested positive for CV.

21 minutes ago, Leicester_Loyal said:

She went in with CV or with Pneumonia? None of us know for sure, but she was diagnosed with Pneumonia on 15th April, which was 8 days ago now. She's since tested positive for CV.

It just says she was diagnosed with pneumonia when she went in. Pneumonia just means consolidation (fluid and pus) in the lung sacs. You can have viral pneumonia or bacterial pneumonia. If you're really unlucky, you might even have both at the same time. You differentiate these on blood tests (white cell count components) and xrays (viral generally affects both lungs, bacterial generally one lung).

Sounds like she went in with viral pneumonia, but they didn't test for the cause of the pneumonia until later. Seasonal flu can also cause viral pneumonia that looks exactly like corona. 

Edited by brucey
  • Like 1

33 minutes ago, Jattdogg said:

Yoh got hand sanitizer wow. I cant find that or antibacterial refill soap. I got bar soap at least

I guess it's the antibacterial soap that I got, not sanitizer. It was early and I'd been up all night.

I got some of those lysol wipes too. 

I also bought a pink hoodie for 15 bucks. I'm not sure how it will help though.

2 hours ago, everton carr said:

Love the way the BBC covered the story and just referred to Tommy as a man Passing by.The guy won a major award in the Danish Parliament a couple of months ago and guess what the BBC and all MSM totally ignored it

Because it was awarded by the well know 'International Free Press Society', the event was held at Danish parliament. Worth mentioning the former president of said organisation publicly said ''Muslims rape their own children. It is heard of all the time. Girls in Muslim families are raped by their uncles, their cousins or their fathers''

Bit like some ground hopping winning supporter of the year, being presented it at Wembley really. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Paninistickers said:

Anyone else drop their kids in for keyworker schooling today?

I feel really terrible with guilt. They were basically turning away anyone they could given half the chance and I was able to sweet-talk them in and have terrible mixed feelings about steamrollering them in.

Feel a bit less guilty now.

700 pupils at their secondary. 44 applied for keyworker schooling. Just 7 (seven) plus my two turned up/got past the interrogation this morning. 

They did PE all afternoon 😂

• Like 1

Just now, spacemunky said:

I guess it's the antibacterial soap that I got, not sanitizer. It was early and I'd been up all night.

I got some of those lysol wipes too

I also bought a pink hoodie for 15 bucks. I'm not sure how it will help though.

Havent seen those instore for weeks lol lucky man!

Hoodies when tight can help stop you from touching your face?? We will go with that

• Like 1