Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
simFox

Corona Virus

Message added by Mark

No political discussion in this topic. That is complaining about a country, a politician, a party and/or its voters, etc

1 hour ago, Paninistickers said:

Anyone else drop their kids in for keyworker schooling today?

I feel really terrible with guilt. They were basically turning away anyone they could given half the chance and I was able to sweet-talk them in and have terrible mixed feelings about steamrollering them in.

Why the guilt? What do you do?

2 minutes ago, Fosse93 said:

Been told i'm being made redundant this morning. Nice one covid!

Bit worried about trying to find work, as imagine not many places will be taking on for the next few months.

Supermarkets - it’s not sexy but they are recruiting.

Also fruit and veg picking - shortage at the moment.

5 minutes ago, Fosse93 said:

Been told i'm being made redundant this morning. Nice one covid!

Bit worried about trying to find work, as imagine not many places will be taking on for the next few months.

Well that sucks, can't they furlough you?

Just now, Swan Lesta said:

Supermarkets - it’s not sexy but they are recruiting.

Also fruit and veg picking - shortage at the moment.

Yeah that's the obvious choice I guess, I'll have to get looking rather than moping around feeling sorry for myself lol

Just now, Carl the Llama said:

They can, but they're not sure when the work is going to 'pick up' again - we do market research for retailers, who are obviously struggling themselves at the minute.

1 minute ago, Carl the Llama said:

I would have thought the only cost to keep someone is employers Ni - it’s also possible that companies will want to make redundancies rather than furloughing a worker who then gets to two years employment. Making a worker redundant after two years is much more difficult. 

3 minutes ago, Fosse93 said:

Yeah that's the obvious choice I guess, I'll have to get looking rather than moping around feeling sorry for myself lol

When it happened to me about a year ago, I moped that evening and then cracked on with it the next day. So you can mope tonight, but that's all. 

• Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, Fosse93 said:

There's a few places locally trying to get licence to manufacture hand sanitizer as well. I guess it maybe short lived, but right now they will be looking to take on, I'll try get you some details, as it's my back up if I cant work. As it makes you a key worker as well in the current climate.

5 minutes ago, Bayfox said:

There's a few places locally trying to get licence to manufacture hand sanitizer as well. I guess it maybe short lived, but right now they will be looking to take on, I'll try get you some details, as it's my back up if I cant work. As it makes you a key worker as well in the current climate.

Thanks mate, i'd really appreciate that!

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Swan Lesta said:

Why the guilt? What do you do?

The school said the rules had changed overnight and that BOTH parents had to be keywokers and not just one as announced. 

So we were told to go do one upon arrival. 

I just asked to see someone in charge and got them in basically as I don't think the poor deputy trust leader could face the opposition

Guest Markyblue
18 minutes ago, Facecloth said:

Jimmy Saville did do a lot of charity work tbf. 

So did nelson Mandela... but hey.

2 hours ago, Paninistickers said:

Anyone else drop their kids in for keyworker schooling today?

I feel really terrible with guilt. They were basically turning away anyone they could given half the chance and I was able to sweet-talk them in and have terrible mixed feelings about steamrollering them in.

we were allocated a place due to my wife's key worker status. But I got an email yesterday saying it was massively over subscribed. Now my company has sent me home to work they can stay with me which is better for us, and hopefully better for the school.

But trying to balance working from home with looking after the kids is not easy. But I'll do the best I can!

1 minute ago, Leicester_Loyal said:

Corbyn sneak attack!:frantics:

4 minutes ago, RonnieTodger said:

Just seen that Gary Lineker is self isolating due to his son's loss of smell & taste. I've had that for a few days, but thought nothing of it. Had no idea they were potential symptoms?

Yes that was mentioned quite recently I think. 

Stay well :)

2 minutes ago, urban.spaceman said:

Close the whole ****ing thing.

Show your NHS badge or FOAD (Maybe not this time.....GTFO)

People getting into the tube I meant....just to be clear....

Edited by Dahnsouff
  • Haha 1

6 minutes ago, Izzy said:

Has anyone mentioned the state of the London underground this morning? Close down 40 odd stations and this is what happens. 

Crowded train at Leytonstone

Yep, limit the service and more people will end up in the same place. Same as some bus services reducing to 1 per hour. Just means more people on a bus rather than spread out. I honestly don't think the decision makers (and I don't just mean politicians) understand how the average person goes about their day. Did they think people would just stop using them? If they have to get to work, if they are a key worker, then they will use the service how ever you supply it, so add more to ease the crush, not less to make people closer.

Edited by Facecloth