Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
simFox

Corona Virus

Message added by Mark

No political discussion in this topic. That is complaining about a country, a politician, a party and/or its voters, etc

1 minute ago, Cardiff_Fox said:

Equally would say there needs to be some control on how supermarkets are managed - something like postcode only, maximum capacities. Because tomorrow we will literally have hundreds in together walking around like zombies.

Agreed, i have no idea how they control the people. 50 in at a time. One in one out policy. Queuing 2 trolley lengths apart in the car park is the only thing I can think of that would work. 

Just now, reynard said:

This is just the start. Reviewed in 3 weeks when we will either be at peak infections or still just short. Fully expect more stringent restrictions then probably for a month.

Yeah, minimum of 8 weeks really isn’t it.

i knew it was coming but it’s stressful, my mum lives on her own so that’s shit. If she didn’t have a cat I’d bring her round here.

• Haha 3

2 minutes ago, Costock_Fox said:

Yeah, minimum of 8 weeks really isn’t it.

i knew it was coming but it’s stressful, my mum lives on her own so that’s shit. If she didn’t have a cat I’d bring her round here.

Yes I think you are correct. My mother lives alone too, is nearly 90 and has no internet or cat.

2 minutes ago, Kopfkino said:

The idea that the police have any chance of actually enforcing it is one for the birds. Just hope it sparks most people into taking it seriously 

I think that's the point. It's not going to stop transmission completely, but it should prevent the germ fests that went on up and down the country at the weekend

22 minutes ago, Bayfox said:

Shops wise, he never mentioned industry. He's trying to stop us meeting in the streets and shops, he's not said building sites, factories etc have to close unless I've missed something.

He's left a gaping hole again.

FB_IMG_1584998262251.thumb.jpg.1a7cf8ed91e7fabf6f8aff13d74d7495.jpg

• Like 2

48 minutes ago, goose2010 said:

I have no idea to be honest. 

Another thing that is so 'muddy' is the 80% way upto 30k. I think a lot of people are missing the "up to" part and I fear some are going to be disappointed/angry 

46 minutes ago, yorkie1999 said:

And I bet they’ll tax it

well yes, it will be taxed via PAYE and NI. People need to understand that under this scheme, they will take home approx 80% of what they currently take home.  If their employer wants to top them up to 100% then they can. Those earning over 37,500 will place the greatest strain on their employers cash flow.  My staff earning well in excess of that amount are gong to be sorely disappointed.  my tip to nay home owners is to get on your lenders website and apply for a three month holiday on the basis that it doesn’t affect your credit status (it shouldn’t). I’ve also been told today about someone who phoned their car leasing company and was granted a three month moratorium.  I suspect it must be a manufacturer rather than a smaller lease company. 

20 minutes ago, whoareyaaa said:

There must be a lot of industry workers that are still working that are passing the virus around like wildfire then going home and spreading it to others in the household surely you close it all 

Agree, but he's not said that and if my current contractor wants me to go into tomorrow or lose my contract which still has a few weeks work left on it. What do I do, cant afford to lose the money already owed, also need the work to help feed the kids.

Actually would have preferred the decision to be taken out of my hands.

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, brucey said:

It does amaze me that people are still looking for loop holes in order to carry on as normal. How serious does shit have to get before people realise not following the guidance could kill your mam, dad, grandparents..