Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
simFox

Corona Virus

Message added by Mark

No political discussion in this topic. That is complaining about a country, a politician, a party and/or its voters, etc

I'm even more confused now, he's closing shops, but not industry, and by not using the key worker phrase in terms of work, he's left it open to interpretation again.

My work probably isn't essential, but it's essential to my kids eating, and as I'm self employed I wont being seeing any wages if I don't work.

Wtf do i do in the morning. Lay in or go earn a meal for the kids.

1 minute ago, pds said:

I've got enough food to last a while. Just a fear of being trapped in. I regularly have to take a long walk in normal times just to clear my head. The thought of being restricted to doing it once a day terrifies me.

I guess you could still go for an 8 hour walk every day if you wanted?

No time limit on exercise from what i can gather.

8 minutes ago, jammie82uk said:

Only key workers

Apart from places that sell food or medicine everywhere else has to close 

Shops wise, he never mentioned industry. He's trying to stop us meeting in the streets and shops, he's not said building sites, factories etc have to close unless I've missed something.

He's left a gaping hole again.

1 minute ago, Bayfox said:

Shops wise, he never mentioned industry. He's trying to stop us meeting in the streets and shops, he's not said building sites, factories etc have to close unless I've missed something.

He's left a gaping hole again.

There must be a lot of industry workers that are still working that are passing the virus around like wildfire then going home and spreading it to others in the household surely you close it all 

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, pds said:

I've got enough food to last a while. Just a fear of being trapped in. I regularly have to take a long walk in normal times just to clear my head. The thought of being restricted to doing it once a day terrifies me.

Well if you’re sensible and go somewhere that you’re not going to come into contact with people, there probably wouldn’t be an issue with going more than once. 2x 1 hour walk without coming into contact with others is the same as 1x 2 hour walk. 

I’m not one for going against the professionals advice in such a serious situation, but being sensible comes into it massively.

I’m a ‘key-worker’ so will have to leave the house every day, then I have the choice to go for a walk/run too. This is no different than someone going for two walks a day. Wear gloves if you’re going to need to touch gates etc. 

All I can say is don’t panic mate, be sensible and you’ll hopefully be able to cope. 

Edit: being a key worker does give people an excuse to flaunt the rules a little, but hopefully most will realise that they’re integral to keeping the country running, keeping people safe and helping people get through these tough times. I still get paid whether I’m at work or not but I know I’m needed for a certain aspect of the countries interests, so I’ll be keeping myself as safe as possible until it’s over. 

Edited by Leeds Fox
  • Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, Bayfox said:

I'm even more confused now, he's closing shops, but not industry, and by not using the key worker phrase in terms of work, he's left it open to interpretation again.

My work probably isn't essential, but it's essential to my kids eating, and as I'm self employed I wont being seeing any wages if I don't work.

Wtf do i do in the morning. Lay in or go earn a meal for the kids.

A decision that a prozzie doesn’t have to make!!!

10 minutes ago, StanSP said:

Can you work from home? If totally impossible, then yes.

I thought this too. Do they not know that you can't get home delivery or Click & Collect anywhere lol 

No it’s all site based, I might sack it off and take the hit though to be honest.

2 minutes ago, Leeds Fox said:

Well if you’re sensible and go somewhere that you’re not going to come into contact with people, there probably wouldn’t be an issue with going more than once. 2x 1 hour walk without coming into contact with others is the same as 1x 2 hour walk. 

I’m not one for going against the professionals advice in such a serious situation, but being sensible comes into it massively.

I’m a ‘key-worker’ so will have to leave the house every day, then I have the choice to go for a walk/run too. This is no different than someone going for two walks a day. Wear gloves if you’re going to need to touch gates etc. 

All I can say is don’t panic mate, be sensible and you’ll hopefully be able to cope. 

Yeah I try to walk as far from other people as it is, no issue there! 

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, pds said:

As someone who struggles massively with claustrophobia this is really ****ing with my mind. 

If you can get to a farm shop. I'm a bit like this to I went to 2 Saturday and got everything I needed for me and the wife.