Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
simFox

Corona Virus

Message added by Mark

No political discussion in this topic. That is complaining about a country, a politician, a party and/or its voters, etc

I'll still be going in tomorrow but only to perform some key tasks like finding a home for all the food that's going to expire during the next 2 months.  After that it's all over until further notice.  Interesting times.

Just now, Carl the Llama said:

I'll still be going in tomorrow but only to perform some key tasks like finding a home for all the food that's going to expire during the next 2 months.  After that it's all over until further notice.  Interesting times.

Thousands of potential homes for it surely. 

1 minute ago, Wymsey said:

Is this real life?

No one, in their wildest imagination, would've predicted something like this would be happening..

Was clear as day to me. I got the wife stocked up last month, I find it odd anyone's surprised.

• Like 3

57 minutes ago, Cardiff_Fox said:

Equally would say there needs to be some control on how supermarkets are managed - something like postcode only, maximum capacities. Because tomorrow we will literally have hundreds in together walking around like zombies.

Death toll goes rapid the supermarkets will be quieten down.

It’s impossible for them to lockdown this country, as I mentioned earlier we simply do not have the resources to facilitate such a request. London perhaps, they have 32,000 cops, including detectives can can throw a uniform back on. Outside of London this lockdown will have little impact. 

6 minutes ago, BroughtonFox said:

My company is still open tomorrow also, I work in a warehouse ffs, far from a key worker. I suppose they just don’t give a sh!t about staffs health!

Well you will get fined for leaving the house mate. You won’t be open, unless you are a food warehouse I guess.

Edited by Costock_Fox

2 minutes ago, Pliskin said:

It’s impossible for them to lockdown this country, as I mentioned earlier we simply do not have the resources to facilitate such a request. London perhaps, they have 32,000 cops, including detectives can can throw a uniform back on. Outside of London this lockdown will have little impact. 

So let everybody freely roam about then? 

13 minutes ago, jammie82uk said:

Only key workers should be going work 

10 minutes ago, FoxesDeb said:

How is that a mixed message? 

"travelling to and from work, but only where this is absolutely necessary and cannot be done from home."

The above is from a transcript of the speech that was given this evening. This is different to the video, which suggests only key workers can go to work. (https://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/2020/03/23/boris-johnson-announces-uk-lockdown-speech-full/)

There's no steer on the construction industry and several other industries which rely on people being away from home to work.

I'm an Architect so I'm working from home currently, but my job depends on a building half way through construction currently and there are a massive amount of people who are similarly reliant on building sites remaining open. It's only a matter of time really until they all are forced to shut but the guidance here isn't clear. The fact we're even having this conversation is proof of that.

Edited by ajthefox
  • Like 3

i’ve moved back to my mums house as there’s more room to work from home there. i only brought to pairs of boxies as i only planned on coming for the weekend last week. tough times ahead. 

• Haha 4

3 minutes ago, String fellow said:

How will folk be prevented from just jumping in the car and going for a drive? If there aren't enough police to man road blocks, doesn't that mean bringing in the army?

I guess they won't.

If anyone is stopped and asked they'll just say they're on their way to buy food/essentials I'd imagine.

1 hour ago, Sol thewall Bamba said:

Will there be post?

Yes, we're key workers.

However, since Royal Mail have done nothing to provide masks, gloves, sanitizer, not introduced ways to work at safe distance from each other and until today we've been working two to a van, the Union want us not to work until that changes.

I've heard this evening we'll be working one to a van from tomorrow and introducing a two metre distancing rule but no idea how that will work because the sorting boards are basically back to back with little room to move between. Fortunately, I work in the only small office in Leicester that's not been moved into the big Meridian centre, where there must be over 400 workers.

I volunteered to work my day off tomorrow, cos we've got so many off... starting to seem like a bad decision. :(

• Like 1