Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
simFox

Corona Virus

Message added by Mark

No political discussion in this topic. That is complaining about a country, a politician, a party and/or its voters, etc

3 minutes ago, Milo said:

Yes, I know...I'm one of them.

I'm looking at 4 months of no income.

But I'm staying home.

Ironically or not, the official comms on the twitter account now says simply 

‘go to work (but work from home where possible’ 

It’s as clear as mud 

Just now, Heathrow fox said:

I totally understand your point.Unfortunately there is going to be very little to do now anyway.

It will slow down as most facets of jobs close around people but that two weeks for someone could be the best part of six mortgage payments if you are self employed 

• Like 1

Anybody else already dreading the awkwardness and the possible filthy looks when setting out for work tomorrow? 

5 mile walk into work along a woodland footpath, not sure I'll see many less people than usual tbh. 

• Haha 1

I was one of two people in our office today as we need to have "skeleton staff" whilst everybody else worked at home, I'm now being told tomorow this is to just carry on

I don't think they made it clear who should be going to work at all, I feel like until they tell buisness' to close unless they will get fined employers are just going to carry on as usual if they can

Edited by MrSpaM
  • Like 1

Just now, Cardiff_Fox said:

It will slow down as most facets of jobs close around people but that two weeks for someone could be the best part of six mortgage payments if you are self employed 

I think there will be some kind of relief for self employed, based around the 'self employed trying to get a mortgage' scenario - where they will take 2 years of declared income and calculate from that.

Also, most banks (that I am aware of) are offering mortgage holiday options if you have been affected. Similar with credit card lenders, etc. 

VAT deferral will help hugely as well.

No, it's not ideal. But the alternative is, on balance, worse. 

1 minute ago, MrSpaM said:

I was one of two people in our office today as we need to have "skeleton staff" whilst everybody else worked at home, I'm now being told tomorow this is to just carry on

I don't think they made it clear at all who should be going to work at all, I feel like until they tell buisness' to close unless they will get fined employers are just going to carry on as usual if they can

Canon fodder

• Haha 1

9 minutes ago, EastAnglianFox said:

Anybody else already dreading the awkwardness and the possible filthy looks when setting out for work tomorrow? 

5 mile walk into work along a woodland footpath, not sure I'll see many less people than usual tbh. 

You walk five miles to work? That's an incredible amount of walking per day. 

Various cabinet members and government advisers wanted this to happen much sooner than it has. Hence what I said about the pressure building up on BoJo. Tbh, I don't mind getting bad responses now, because I'm far more worried about the real-life disaster movie unfolding before our very eyes. 

The message tonight was a message that was about as polite as it could have been without overstepping the mark.  Boris is clearly taking no ****, do as you are told.  I just hope this doesn't panic the panic buyers into a second wave of madness just as the situation in the shops is calming down a little. 

1 hour ago, jammie82uk said:

This is from the latest video released after his speech so unless your job falls under being a key worker you stay at homeB82C2AE8-A836-4B71-85AB-7E144FF8628B.thumb.jpeg.e94b610935f38a84523f13623f50869f.jpegE31FA1F8-2779-45F9-ABEF-29B6661BE67A.thumb.jpeg.e4ed994b459fa9dc2f8864bb02204909.jpeg

Shame he forgot to use the key worker bit in his speech. If that's the guidance I guess I'm sacked tomorrow if I don't turn up for work.

Having been made redundant 18 months ago and rather than playing the system I got in with it. 

What a shitter this is.

9 minutes ago, Milo said:

I think there will be some kind of relief for self employed, based around the 'self employed trying to get a mortgage' scenario - where they will take 2 years of declared income and calculate from that.

Also, most banks (that I am aware of) are offering mortgage holiday options if you have been affected. Similar with credit card lenders, etc. 

VAT deferral will help hugely as well.

No, it's not ideal. But the alternative is, on balance, worse. 

Problem with the mortgage holidays is it stings you in the long term. 

Just now, Bayfox said:

Shame he forgot to use the key worker bit in his speech. If that's the guidance I guess I'm sacked tomorrow if I don't turn up for work.

Having been made redundant 18 months ago and rather than playing the system I got in with it. 

What a shitter this is.

It got changed to this at some point

Screenshot_20200323-223822_Chrome.jpg

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, foxile5 said:

You walk five miles to work? That's an incredible amount of walking per day. 

Yes mate, and back again, and on my feet all day at work. When I get home more often than not I get changed then go for a walk in the other direction for an hour or so until the Mrs gets home 😂

Bloody love the fresh air and walking so these next few weeks are going to be a struggle if I'm told to stay away from work. 

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, EastAnglianFox said:

Yes mate, and back again, and on my feet all day at work. When I get home more often than not I get changed then go for a walk in the other direction for an hour or so until the Mrs gets home 😂

Bloody love the fresh air and walking so these next few weeks are going to be a struggle if I'm told to stay away from work. 

Incredible workrate.

Fear not. You're allowed out to exercise once, no limitations of duration though. 

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, String fellow said:

Various cabinet members and government advisers wanted this to happen much sooner than it has. Hence what I said about the pressure building up on BoJo. Tbh, I don't mind getting bad responses now, because I'm far more worried about the real-life disaster movie unfolding before our very eyes. 

I mean this in the nicest possible way,but you are definitely the most stressed cv thread poster on foxestalk.That really does take some beating.Im actually beginning to worry about your health.This is coming from someone who last week was nearly as stressed out as you are.We are were we are.Let the NHS do there thing now.Protect your self and your family.Which by the way I’m pretty sure you are doing more than anybody.If every one else breaks the rules that is their business.Your elderly relatives and at risk friends should now be safe inside.There’s not much more you can do.Please stay safe 👍

• Like 4

3 minutes ago, LinekersLugs said:

Any word on dogging ? 

is it banned ?? 

Or is it exercise once a day ??

*asking for a friend 

Might struggle with the social distancing.

• Haha 2