Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
simFox

Corona Virus

Message added by Mark

No political discussion in this topic. That is complaining about a country, a politician, a party and/or its voters, etc

Perhaps Spurs will be punished, when in future their massive stadium may only be allowed to seat spectators 5 seats apart on alternate rows. So the capacity will end at about 6000 maximum. Unfortunately, with the same social distancing measures at other grounds, the KP would then have a capacity of about 3000.

1 minute ago, String fellow said:

Perhaps Spurs will be punished, when in future their massive stadium may only be allowed to seat spectators 5 seats apart on alternate rows. So the capacity will end at about 6000 maximum. Unfortunately, with the same social distancing measures at other grounds, the KP would then have a capacity of about 3000.

I’d take that right now.

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, Line-X said:

Which actually as it turns out was José Mourinho and Tanguy Ndombele on Hadley Common, whilst on the same day Davinson Sanchez and Ryan Sessegnon, who live locally, went for a run. 

I can't work out whether this is serious. Ndombele probably went for a Cornetto as soon as he'd finished his warm up. 

The issue is that they weren't respecting social distancing. It's highly unlikey that Tottenham Hotspur are going to cynically exploit a national lockdown and influence their league position through Tanguy Ndombele performing a few shuttle runs and a dozen star jumps in a public park. 

Are they key workers?

Well the issue is they shouldn't be meeting up at all, the fact they didn't keep the distance just makes it even less excusable. 

6 minutes ago, Stuntman_Mike said:

Are they key workers?

Well the issue is they shouldn't be meeting up at all, the fact they didn't keep the distance just makes it even less excusable. 

Absolutely. Sorry - I thought that went without saying. 

From what little I know about the Spurs thing I'd say it sounds like Mourinho and Ndombele acted in good faith by meeting up to exercise while respecting social distancing and the 2 out jogging together were probably under the impression they were ok to be out as a pair as long as they kept distance from everyone else.  I've seen much worse contradictions of the social distancing by regular people so I'm not going to get too bothered by this one.  Let's not allow the fact that the club is a serial cvnt made more cvnty by their request for public money to pay their staff cloud our judgement on everything the individuals at the club do.

Here's an example of proper cvnty disrespect for the lock down regulations:

• Like 4
  • Sad 1

Looking at whether the figures have leveled off or when the peak is seems to be missing the point to me, surely the measures taken over the last 2 weeks were always going to slow down the spread? What happens when the figures show that social isolating works. We either continue to stay indoors, or we don't and in that case we'll be back to where we were 4 weeks ago?

I fully understand the reasoning for the NHS to cope but you don't need to be a genius to do some basic math to work out that reducing the spread means that it could take years to go around. After the initial optimism of an early vaccine it seems experts are now saying a couple of years for developing testing and mass manufacture.

I'm pretty sure the worlds money won't last that long and we can't stay inside for ever.

As you can tell I'm no expert on anything but I'm struggling to see what the game plan is here.

Guest Markyblue
5 minutes ago, messerschmitt said:

Looking at whether the figures have leveled off or when the peak is seems to be missing the point to me, surely the measures taken over the last 2 weeks were always going to slow down the spread? What happens when the figures show that social isolating works. We either continue to stay indoors, or we don't and in that case we'll be back to where we were 4 weeks ago?

I fully understand the reasoning for the NHS to cope but you don't need to be a genius to do some basic math to work out that reducing the spread means that it could take years to go around. After the initial optimism of an early vaccine it seems experts are now saying a couple of years for developing testing and mass manufacture.

I'm pretty sure the worlds money won't last that long and we can't stay inside for ever.

As you can tell I'm no expert on anything but I'm struggling to see what the game plan is here.

The virus can't spread without a host, if people who have the virus self isolate then thats the end of that chain.  When restrictions are lifted i would imagine testing and looking for hot spots of new infections will occur and localized lockdowns will occur. If you believe the Chinese the only new cases there now are new entries to the country,  the more people who get it and are then immune the slower any second wave can spread. The major issue is how many have had it and also how many have had it with no symptoms the figures for that vary so testing will be vital.

4 minutes ago, messerschmitt said:

Slowly relax the lockdown.Test as many people as possible.Try and keep a track of any flare ups?Keep them localised?Copy what the countries ahead of us have done right.Don’t follow what they do wrong.Try and live with it as best we can I suppose.I know,when you think about it long term it’s quite alarming.

38 minutes ago, Carl the Llama said:

From what little I know about the Spurs thing I'd say it sounds like Mourinho and Ndombele acted in good faith by meeting up to exercise while respecting social distancing and the 2 out jogging together were probably under the impression they were ok to be out as a pair as long as they kept distance from everyone else.  I've seen much worse contradictions of the social distancing by regular people so I'm not going to get too bothered by this one.  Let's not allow the fact that the club is a serial cvnt made more cvnty by their request for public money to pay their staff cloud our judgement on everything the individuals at the club do.

From what in aware the rules aren't 'go out and do your job if you act in good faith.' 

They're not essential workers. They shouldn't be meeting in 'good faith' or otherwise. If 'good faith' is an argument, open the pubs and I'll have a pint in 'good faith'. 

Also that woman is a ****. 

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Markyblue said:

The virus can't spread without a host, if people who have the virus self isolate then thats the end of that chain.  When restrictions are lifted i would imagine testing and looking for hot spots of new infections will occur and localized lockdowns will occur. If you believe the Chinese the only new cases there now are new entries to the country,  the more people who get it and are then immune the slower any second wave can spread. The major issue is how many have had it and also how many have had it with no symptoms the figures for that vary so testing will be vital.

Yes I agree with that in theory but I can't believe in practice that not one person in the UK will spread the disease. I also don't believe that he only new cases in China are from abroad and even if that was the case that's how it spread here. Why wouldn't that be the case here again given that it came from abroad and there were people who hadn't had it. We would just be back in the containment stage which we showed we were unable to do first time around. 

3 minutes ago, foxile5 said:

From what in aware the rules aren't 'go out and do your job if you act in good faith.' 

They're not essential workers. They shouldn't be meeting in 'good faith' or otherwise. If 'good faith' is an argument, open the pubs and I'll have a pint in 'good faith'. 

Also that woman is a ****. 

The rules allow exercising though, a quick kickabout between 2 people keeping their distance from each other falls into that imo, but I suppose if everybody did that the parks would fill up again pretty fast so on reflection not the best idea.  The point is some of the responses to it have been wildly ott.

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, Heathrow fox said:

Slowly relax the lockdown.Test as many people as possible.Try and keep a track of any flare ups?Keep them localised?Copy what the countries ahead of us have done right.Don’t follow what they do wrong.Try and live with it as best we can I suppose.I know,when you think about it long term it’s quite alarming.

I think if we relax the lock down we increase the spread again, Sorry to be pessimistic but if we agree that lock down slows it down its not hard to see the opposite. I think without out vaccine the only way the spread will stop is when 80% have had it, that could be a long time if you believe the experts the government are following ie not the Oxford study.

I wouldn't be surprised to see it all exploding again in China and the catastrophic effect that would have for the rest of the world. I really hope I'm wrong.

Guest Markyblue
1 minute ago, messerschmitt said:

I think if we relax the lock down we increase the spread again, Sorry to be pessimistic but if we agree that lock down slows it down its not hard to see the opposite. I think without out vaccine the only way the spread will stop is when 80% have had it, that could be a long time if you believe the experts the government are following ie not the Oxford study.

I wouldn't be surprised to see it all exploding again in China and the catastrophic effect that would have for the rest of the world. I really hope I'm wrong.

The quoted figures are 60% for herd immunity.  Again without knowing how many have had it its impossible to know how well we could contain a potential second wave but if it happened logically it would be less catastrophic than the first wave because more people will be immune.  

13 minutes ago, Carl the Llama said:

The rules allow exercising though, a quick kickabout between 2 people keeping their distance from each other falls into that imo, but I suppose if everybody did that the parks would fill up again pretty fast so on reflection not the best idea.  The point is some of the responses to it have been wildly ott.

'Kickabout' ie passing a foreign object which can carry the virus on it between eachother? Definitely doesn't fall into it. 

They shouldn't have met up, it's quite clear.

1 minute ago, bmt said:

I have never felt the need to comment on a youtube video but couldn't resist on that one.

I came terrifyingly close, but stopped short lol 

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, bmt said:

I have never felt the need to comment on a youtube video but couldn't resist on that one.

Same. There is something uniquely irritating about that type of individual under normal circumstances, even more so when they're wrong.

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, Markyblue said:

This is the most important thing. They should divide the country up into areas and take a relative amount of samples from each area to try and gauge how many people have had it. There's no point in just taking a sample from a certain section of the population.

12 minutes ago, messerschmitt said:

Surely people from China won't be allowed to travel to other countries for a period of time.

2 minutes ago, Markyblue said:

The quoted figures are 60% for herd immunity.  Again without knowing how many have had it its impossible to know how well we could contain a potential second wave but if it happened logically it would be less catastrophic than the first wave because more people will be immune.  

Obviously speculation but I don't think there's any way that over 20% will get it with this lockdown approach and therefore herd immunity won't work. What I've been thinking about is that flu vaccines etc aren't that effective - maybe 60-80% (which doesn't matter because flu reproduction rate is quite low), but reducing the amount of people this could spread to by 60% wouldn't kill it off. I'm not sure the vaccine route will work either.

For me everyone should do a Chinese style lockdown until there is no domestic spread, and then quarantine anyone arriving from non 'COVID clear' countries for 14 days and only allow free travel between two clear countries. Whilst also testing regularly to stop and localise any outbreak with extreme network tracing capabilities.

31 minutes ago, Carl the Llama said:

No,  the rules stated that you are only allowed to exercise with people in your household.  

https://www.gov.uk/government/publications/coronavirus-outbreak-faqs-what-you-can-and-cant-do/coronavirus-outbreak-faqs-what-you-can-and-cant-do

I thought this have been made crystal clear but I am surprised no one have mentioned this before now.   Perhaps that is the part of the problem,  the uncertainty around the nature of the implementation for rules for some.    

Edited by The Blur
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Carl the Llama said:

This is the only time I've ever wanted the Police to give a shifty kick or two when the cameras are off

• Like 1