Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
simFox

Corona Virus

Message added by Mark

No political discussion in this topic. That is complaining about a country, a politician, a party and/or its voters, etc

9 minutes ago, Facecloth said:

I'm pretty sure he's probably already had the clap.

I made that joke on Facebook this morning (as a response, I didn’t just make a joke post)  and got absolutely slaughtered for being insensitive......

I didn’t take it lying down but was pretty amazed by the general lack of humour ....... we need our sense of humour to get through this .......

• Like 3

12 minutes ago, st albans fox said:

I made that joke on Facebook this morning (as a response, I didn’t just make a joke post)  and got absolutely slaughtered for being insensitive......

I didn’t take it lying down but was pretty amazed by the general lack of humour ....... we need our sense of humour to get through this .......

What was it the Queen said, "quiet good humour"? Very much a British trait in times like this, nothing wrong with it at all. 

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Sol thewall Bamba said:

What was it the Queen said, "quiet good humour"? Very much a British trait in times like this, nothing wrong with it at all. 

That struck a cord with me as the vast majority of the people I come across and see are abiding by the rules and the ones I talk to all seem to be taking it with that “quiet good humour” she mentioned. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, UpTheLeagueFox said:

He was trying to be positive.

He wasn't suggesting those who die are quitters.

We all offer up fairly meaningless platitudes from time to time.

You're a ray of sunshine aren't you lol

I know he was trying to be positive. Doesn't change the fact it was a stupid thing to say. 

Perhaps if less people hid behind platitudes and considered what they were saying, hell even took action on thoughts, rather than pacification through soundbites, we might all be more prepared for this situation.

I.e. mental health

I.e. actual investment in the NHS instead of tokens of gratitude like clapping

EDIT: When I die or if I'm in need of intensive care, I would rather people say I was a tw@ than not being arsed enough to give it any thought and use a templated rambling of b*llocks. In fact, if I'm ever in intensive care and someone says I'm in their prayers, you have my permission to turn off my machine.

Edited by Nod.E
  • Like 1

45 minutes ago, st albans fox said:

I think the country's become incredibly touchy in recent years. I wish the guy well obviously but he was boasting about shaking patients hands then he got it, if it was the leader of some tinpot Central Asian dictatorship we'd be pissing ourselves. Obviously it's closer to home so it's scarier, but still some people have been extremely sensitive.

Edited by bovril
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, Unabomber said:

Anyone hear any claps for Boris 

Yes and was surprised how many did it around here.

Of course he's not going to hear it, unlike a lot of NHS staff who would've heard their support.

But I think it's nice that people are joining in, a sort of coming together while we're not physically together.

Some people online will always be cynical and sneery but I don't think they're representative of most in society.

Well don't think anyone around here did the "clap for Boris" thing, thank god, because it's cringy and a bit weird.

Obviously wish him a speedy recovery, but clappings not 'gonna help that really. I'm going to have to write a time-table to keep track of all the times I'm supposed to be clapping / shining torches in the air / dancing on my doorstep / whatever forced group activity people come up with next. 

• Like 4

2 hours ago, bovril said:

Came here to post this myself. The stasis and lack of foresight around ventilators and testing is damning.

8 hours ago, foxile5 said:

José Mourinho and Tottenham players break coronavirus rules to train

https://www.theguardian.com/football/2020/apr/07/jose-mourinho-and-tottenham-players-break-coronavirus-rules-to-train-ndombele-sanchez-sessegnon?CMP=Share_AndroidApp_Copy_to_clipboard

Furlough abuse and this kind of behaviour. They really are shit house. 

They should be fined and docked points for that, it’s blatantly trying to gain an unfair advantage.

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, Strokes said:

They should be fined and docked points for that, it’s blatantly trying to gain an unfair advantage.

30 points deducted and down to the Championship sounds good to me....

• Like 1

8 hours ago, foxile5 said:

José Mourinho and Tottenham players break coronavirus rules to train

Which actually as it turns out was José Mourinho and Tanguy Ndombele on Hadley Common, whilst on the same day Davinson Sanchez and Ryan Sessegnon, who live locally, went for a run. 

14 minutes ago, Strokes said:

I can't work out whether this is serious. Ndombele probably went for a Cornetto as soon as he'd finished his warm up. 

The issue is that they weren't respecting social distancing. It's highly unlikey that Tottenham Hotspur are going to cynically exploit a national lockdown and influence their league position through Tanguy Ndombele performing a few shuttle runs and a dozen star jumps in a public park. 

• Like 1