Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
simFox

Corona Virus

Message added by Mark

No political discussion in this topic. That is complaining about a country, a politician, a party and/or its voters, etc

Lockdown will be difficult to maintain long term.  Part of the reason is that the lockdown requirements are severe for those designated as being at highest risk.  This includes me, I've had the text telling me to self-isolate for 12 weeks plus on-line advice.

Restrictions include:

Remain at home unless a healthcare professional tells you to leave

You can open a window but do not go outside your property

Ask others to take rubbish to bins and walk any pets

If you need a repeat prescription, use the online service - ask your family, friends or neighbours to pick up the prescription.  Leave this outside your door

Wash your hands for 20 seconds after contact with anything from outside and disinfect them afterwards

If you share a living space with other people keep them 2m from you

Keep the time you spend in shared spaces to a minimum and keep those spaces well ventilated

If you share a bed with someone else, encourage them to sleep in a different bed if this is possible

If you share a kitchen with other people, avoid using it when they are there

Take meals back to your room to eat

If you can use a separate bathroom from the rest of your household

If you do share a bathroom make sure it is cleaned after each use

Use separate towels from other members of your family

This is all well-intentioned but I'm finding it difficult.

• Sad 1

35 minutes ago, Carl the Llama said:

The rules allow exercising though, a quick kickabout between 2 people keeping their distance from each other falls into that imo, but I suppose if everybody did that the parks would fill up again pretty fast so on reflection not the best idea.  The point is some of the responses to it have been wildly ott.

But you're not allowed to meet friends, family or work colleagues at all to exercise.

I'm guessing Jose and these players don't live together? They're not key workers and they're taking the piss. Simple as that.

Like you say if everyone did it there'd be a massive problem and they're not above that because they're footballers.

• Like 2

22 minutes ago, bmt said:

'Kickabout' ie passing a foreign object which can carry the virus on it between eachother? Definitely doesn't fall into it. 

They shouldn't have met up, it's quite clear.

I'm not disagreeing, I just think responses could be tempered.  

5 minutes ago, The Blur said:

No,  the rules stated that you are only allowed to exercise with people in your household.  

https://www.gov.uk/government/publications/coronavirus-outbreak-faqs-what-you-can-and-cant-do/coronavirus-outbreak-faqs-what-you-can-and-cant-do

I thought this have been made crystal clear but I am surprised no one have mentioned this before now.   Perhaps that is the part of the problem,  the uncertainty around the nature of the implementation for rules for some.    

Yeah that's true, I had forgotten that point.

1 minute ago, Stuntman_Mike said:

But you're not allowed to meet friends, family or work colleagues at all to exercise.

I'm guessing Jose and these players don't live together? They're not key workers and they're taking the piss. Simple as that.

Like you say if everyone did it there'd be a massive problem and they're not above that because they're footballers.

Stop nagging me! 

• Haha 3

Guest Markyblue
4 minutes ago, Crinklyfox said:

Lockdown will be difficult to maintain long term.  Part of the reason is that the lockdown requirements are severe for those designated as being at highest risk.  This includes me, I've had the text telling me to self-isolate for 12 weeks plus on-line advice.

Restrictions include:

If you need a repeat prescription, use the online service - ask your family, friends or neighbours to pick up the prescription.  Leave this outside your door

Wash your hands for 20 seconds after contact with anything from outside and disinfect them afterwards

Keep the time you spend in shared spaces to a minimum and keep those spaces well ventilated

If you share a bed with someone else, encourage them to sleep in a different bed if this is possible

Hang in there fella, get a routine, keep fit as possible,  exercise your brain and be positive,  there's plenty in the same boat as you and remember it will pass, good luck and stay safe. 

14 minutes ago, Carl the Llama said:

The rules allow exercising though, a quick kickabout between 2 people keeping their distance from each other falls into that imo, but I suppose if everybody did that the parks would fill up again pretty fast so on reflection not the best idea.  The point is some of the responses to it have been wildly ott.

Is not OTT. I get why you might see this as a bit innocent but households aren't supposed to be meeting for good cause. 

Add this to the fact Mourinho was in his work gear training him. It soon becomes an open act of defiance. 

1 minute ago, foxile5 said:

Is not OTT. I get why you might see this as a bit innocent but households aren't supposed to be meeting for good cause. 

Add this to the fact Mourinho was in his work gear training him. It soon becomes an open act of defiance. 

Doesn't he always go out in his Spurs gear?  I'm sure there's been pics of him chilling at local cafes in his training kit.

Edited by Carl the Llama

30 minutes ago, bmt said:

Obviously speculation but I don't think there's any way that over 20% will get it with this lockdown approach and therefore herd immunity won't work. What I've been thinking about is that flu vaccines etc aren't that effective - maybe 60-80% (which doesn't matter because flu reproduction rate is quite low), but reducing the amount of people this could spread to by 60% wouldn't kill it off. I'm not sure the vaccine route will work either.

For me everyone should do a Chinese style lockdown until there is no domestic spread, and then quarantine anyone arriving from non 'COVID clear' countries for 14 days and only allow free travel between two clear countries. Whilst also testing regularly to stop and localise any outbreak with extreme network tracing capabilities.

Again, I don't believe the China story of no domestic spread and anything else assumes we are able to fully implement the "containment" stage of the disease again, which we failed at a few weeks ago.

3 minutes ago, Carl the Llama said:

Doesn't he always go out in his Spurs gear?  I'm sure there's been pics of him chilling at local cafes in his training kit.

He is a monumental asshole so that's entirely possible 😂

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Carl the Llama said:

From what little I know about the Spurs thing I'd say it sounds like Mourinho and Ndombele acted in good faith by meeting up to exercise while respecting social distancing and the 2 out jogging together were probably under the impression they were ok to be out as a pair as long as they kept distance from everyone else.  I've seen much worse contradictions of the social distancing by regular people so I'm not going to get too bothered by this one.  Let's not allow the fact that the club is a serial cvnt made more cvnty by their request for public money to pay their staff cloud our judgement on everything the individuals at the club do.

Here's an example of proper cvnty disrespect for the lock down regulations:

The description in that video... **** me what an utter ****.

1 hour ago, Crinklyfox said:

Restrictions include:

I'm not surprised you find that difficult. I'm not under those instructions, but would find it near impossible if I was.

Not leaving the home unless instructed would be the hardest psychologically. I work from home anyway and am trying to keep trips out to the minimum, but I end up with a low mood if I stay indoors continuously for even a couple of days.

Simply going out alone every day or two to walk round the park makes a big difference - that seems like one they could relax without greatly increasing risk? Maybe not quite so tough if you have a garden, but not everyone does.

The "keeping 2m" from those you share with is difficult, too, unless you live in a mansion. Maybe make a few plans for what you'll be able to do once the lockdown is over - and enjoy dreaming about them?

Psychologically, I usually give myself a boost in spring by planning trips away in summer, visits to friends and family etc. I'm now cultivating the hope that will still be possible, just not yet.....maybe a little bit in June and something closer to normality by July-Sept, if we can stick with it for a few more weeks. Must be tough indeed if you're trying to abide by such strict instructions, though....Try to keep your chin up!

Edited by Alf Bentley
  • Thanks 1

50 minutes ago, bmt said:

I have never felt the need to comment on a youtube video but couldn't resist on that one.

The way she says "I'm only infecting myself" hahahah imagine being that ****ing dense.

1 hour ago, Carl the Llama said:

I had understood the exercise rules to be constant moving exercises. You can run, walk or cycle. Even walk a mile on you hands if you want. But you can't go somewhere, stay there and perform exercises. My mate was on about going up to an area of Loughborough and doing an outdoor gym circuit, but I said I'm pretty sure you can't because if everyone did it would be packed and then all this staying in is pointless. Also driving to a location and exercising risks picking it up from or giving it to people you wouldn't have normally have contact with.

Edited by Facecloth
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, Carl the Llama said:

From what little I know about the Spurs thing I'd say it sounds like Mourinho and Ndombele acted in good faith by meeting up to exercise while respecting social distancing and the 2 out jogging together were probably under the impression they were ok to be out as a pair as long as they kept distance from everyone else.  I've seen much worse contradictions of the social distancing by regular people so I'm not going to get too bothered by this one.  Let's not allow the fact that the club is a serial cvnt made more cvnty by their request for public money to pay their staff cloud our judgement on everything the individuals at the club do.

Here's an example of proper cvnty disrespect for the lock down regulations:

Thing is, you never know if videos like this are set up as a warning

36 minutes ago, Crinklyfox said:

Restrictions include:

Really tough one 😕

My sister is doing the same and it sounds pretty awful. 

Can you FaceTime family, friends to at least have a little sense of normality and contact? 

We did a family quiz last week, the wife has had a few dinner parties and I’ve had a few pub nights, all on Zoom. 

Rosetta Stone are doing free language courses,  and there are loads of free guitar/instrument tuition lessons online. 

This won’t last forever - and then we’ll all be out doing things we enjoy doing. 👍

• Thanks 1

You have to wonder how much longer they can hide away Priti Patel. Journalists on Twitter are starting to talk about it now. The Home Secretary is one of the most important positions in government.

I can understand why they're having to hide her away. Her absence is damaging now; it's almost an admittance that in a crisis they have to hide her away or don't trust her. Given all the secret meetings with Israel years ago (and her 'sacking/resignation') she was always a strange appointment.

Journalists will have a field day with her: under her immigration proposals the people she classes as low-skilled workers are now keeping the country running. Plus, she has this awkward smirk on her face when she gets nervous. And the last time she was in the news she was accused of being a bully; with her private secretary resigning claiming constructive dismassal.

But surely there comes a point where the nations Home Secretary actually comes out and takes one of these national Press Conferences and just gets it over with. Or her absence will become a story in itself.

Edit: removed nurses from the low-skilled sentence. Whilst they are under the earnings threshold they were put in a special exemption category.

Edited by Guesty
  • Like 3

Not sure if it's been mentioned previously ...

Special mention to Dr Anton Sebastianpillai who died on Saturday.  

He was in his 70's, and would have known the extra risk he was under.

But he carried on doing his good work, and paid the ultimate price.

The word 'hero' is thrown about a bit too often in sports circles.  We've certainly got some new ones now.

• Like 3

3 hours ago, Line-X said:

Which actually as it turns out was José Mourinho and Tanguy Ndombele on Hadley Common, whilst on the same day Davinson Sanchez and Ryan Sessegnon, who live locally, went for a run. 

I can't work out whether this is serious. Ndombele probably went for a Cornetto as soon as he'd finished his warm up. 

The issue is that they weren't respecting social distancing. It's highly unlikey that Tottenham Hotspur are going to cynically exploit a national lockdown and influence their league position through Tanguy Ndombele performing a few shuttle runs and a dozen star jumps in a public park. 

Deadly serious mate, they should be banned from English football and made to play in the SPL.

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

26 minutes ago, Guesty said:

You have to wonder how much longer they can hide away Priti Patel. Journalists on Twitter are starting to talk about it now. The Home Secretary is one of the most important positions in government.

I can understand why they're having to hide her away. Her absence is damaging now; it's almost an admittance that in a crisis they have to hide her away or don't trust her. Given all the secret meetings with Israel years ago (and her 'sacking/resignation') she was always a strange appointment.

Journalists will have a field day with her: under her immigration proposals the people she classes as low-skilled workers are now keeping the country running (including nurses and other NHS staff). Plus, she has this awkward smirk on her face when she gets nervous. And the last time she was in the news she was accused of being a bully; with her private secretary resigning claiming constructive dismassal.

But surely there comes a point where the nations Home Secretary actually comes out and takes one of these national Press Conferences and just gets it over with. Or her absence will become a story in itself.

9 minutes ago, Strokes said:

Deadly serious mate, they should be banned from English football and made to play in the SPL.

I'm not sure that they're of a high enough standard. 

12 minutes ago, worth_the_wait said:

Not sure if it's been mentioned previously ...

Special mention to Dr Anton Sebastianpillai who died on Saturday.  

He was in his 70's, and would have known the extra risk he was under.

But he carried on doing his good work, and paid the ultimate price.

The word 'hero' is thrown about a bit too often in sports circles.  We've certainly got some new ones now.

He's already the third retired UK doctor who died after volunteering to return. I think it's an awful idea.