Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
simFox

Corona Virus

Message added by Mark

No political discussion in this topic. That is complaining about a country, a politician, a party and/or its voters, etc

2 hours ago, Vacamion said:

I just came out of the largest Tesco in Scotland.

No toilet paper.

No hand san.

No wipes.

Very little dry pasta.

Limits on numbers of other items people can buy.

The girl on ths till told us that people today have been panic buying bottled water.

If buying a 15 pack of beer and a bit of extra white chocolate is panic buying, then I was panic buying...

Loo roll I can mildly understand, but why on earth do people think that clean water is not going to be accessible? 

There's a sense of fear in the air that worries me.

I remember coming back to London from Munich by bus in the summer of 2015. Turned out it was the day of a TFL strike in London and as I was arriving in Victoria, I thought I'd hop onto a bus from there to Stansted and my Dad would come to pick me up and drive home. People were completely losing their shit over possibly missing flights. Pushing, shoving and desperately trying to get on any bus going to their airport. Running into the road to stop taxis. 

And that was a tube strike...

18 minutes ago, Jattdogg said:

Condoms

Ky jelly

Machete

Rope

Bleach

Black garbage bags

Oh wait, sorry wrong thread....

Ummm

Advil/Tylenol

Paper towel

Tinned tuna

Tinned food in general

Regular soap

Dog

Dog food

Gas generator

Gas

Etc

Knew I could count on you Jatt lol

Denmark has just 'shut down'. Government are announcing a crisis state.
All schools, universities and non-vital public services are closing for two weeks from Friday.
All non-vital employees, students and pupils are advised to stay home with immediate effect.
All restaurants, cafés etc. are being advised to close and it is rumoured that government will rush through a law proposal to enforce closure by Saturday.
All employees at private companies are encouraged to work from home if at all possible.
All public gatherings of 100+ people are discouraged.

:shutup:

4 minutes ago, shen said:

All schools, universities and non-vital public services are closing for two weeks from Friday.
All non-vital employees, students and pupils are advised to stay home with immediate effect.
All restaurants, cafés etc. are being advised to close and it is rumoured that government will rush through a law proposal to enforce closure by Saturday.
All employees at private companies are encouraged to work from home if at all possible.

Think its all well and good to go that route but all it takes are a handful of infection people to come into the country and you're back to square one.

Not that it would happen but think a global 2 week shut down is the only way to tackle it with any speed.

5 minutes ago, shen said:

Sounds sensible to me. Think they're about 3-4 days worse off than we are. Would keep restaurants etc open but enforce rules about sitting certain distances away from each other and ensure sanitary products are available and everyone washes hands as much as possible.

2 minutes ago, Nalis said:

Think its all well and good to go that route but all it takes are a handful of infection people to come into the country and you're back to square one.

Not that it would happen but think a global 2 week shut down is the only way to tackle it with any speed.

I guess the aim is to slow the spread. We've gone from around 30 infected on Sunday to 156 on Tuesday to over 500 today. Spreading it out is paramount as the health care cannot keep up with this. People are dying in the emergency ward because of the sudden added influx of COVID patients.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, shen said:

I guess the aim is to slow the spread. We've gone from around 30 infected on Sunday to 156 on Tuesday to over 500 today. Spreading it out is paramount as the health care cannot keep up with this. People are dying in the emergency ward because of the sudden added influx of COVID patients.

Good points, fair enough explanations and makes sense.

Edited by Nalis