Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
BigWesMorgan

Aston Villa post match thread 2-1

Just now, st albans fox said:

I would rather criticise cag’s weak attempt at a block than kaspers effort at saving it re their first

other two are not saveable

Yes, trezeguets weak effort second half 

im going to bed ......too many idiots ...... I get it that your pissed off  - me too but don’t have a go at the players .... it’s football ....

the best team doesn’t always win .....

even over two legs 

I’m not actually that pissed off. There are still better times ahead IMO. But I do think that Kasper’s distribution and command of his area could be a lot better. 

• Like 2

15 minutes ago, henrik_62 said:

That infuriated me tonight and made me think back to CL nights when we got a tonking and still insisted on trying to pass it around our own 18 yard box, inviting pressure. It infuriated me so much I was shouting at the tv tonight in the second-half.

Was as plain as the nose on your face in the second-half the way to beat that press was to go direct and in behind to Vardy.

Rodgers needs to sort that out, never seems to learn and blindly sticks to the same principles. 

Well said, it seems like a micromanaging ego thing to me. It's absolutely fine to have a philosophy and style of play but it's horses for courses. You will know far better than me but, when at Celtic, if Barcelona, with all their talented players, are at a certain time, the absolute best of the best at a passing game, logic surely dictates that with (respectfully, inferior players), don't take them on at their own best game. It could get ugly and it did. Did he learn anything?

Arguably,  they'd have found it more challenging against a big, Tony Pullis trained Stoke City side with whom they'd be unfamiliar. Brendan has to adapt dependant upon opposition like Man City or Liverpool who are good at what they do  

• Like 1

Just now, Costock_Fox said:

Yeah let’s slag the disabled off to show how level headed we are, that’ll do it...

I put in m0ng but it changed it to disabled for some reason hence why I used the 0 instead of the o now. I changed it to twatty anyway which is more apt. 

• Haha 1

It'll be a laugh seeing Villa get smashed in the final and languishing around the bottom 3 for the rest of the season.

The more important thing for us is to learn from it, become more resilient and push on for top 4.  The players will grow stronger as a result of what has happened tonight.  We need to move on and learn from it.  These inexperienced, talented lot will have their time.  Onwards and upwards.

• Like 2

We get that blatant pen, 1-1 at half time we go on to win! Never a free kick in build up to villa winner! 

My heads gone so wont comment on anything else but do fear it’s season over for us! All he lads who been playing with ‘knocks’ will now not be available just watch......

• Haha 1

Just now, Lesta2014 said:

We get that blatant pen, 1-1 at half time we go on to win! Never a free kick in build up to villa winner! 

My heads gone so wont comment on anything else but do fear it’s season over for us! All he lads who been playing with ‘knocks’ will now not be available just watch......

not watched the replay but i swear dean was giving free kicks to villa when both players were going for the ball. always gone their way. he was rubbish tonight

Just now, don_danbury said:

not watched the replay but i swear dean was giving free kicks to villa when both players were going for the ball. always gone their way. he was rubbish tonight

He’s always been shit, saw he was reffing and very nearly didn’t even watch! New he’d contribute to ya lot winning 

14 minutes ago, filbertway said:

**** me. Genuinely shocked with some of the weird stuff im reading in this thread.

Will come back tomorrow and hopefully people with brains will be back on.

Funny you should say that.  I was just thinking, in an ideal world there would be a  24hr buffer before the post match thread comes out.  Let people calm the **** down.  Yes, it hurts to lose.  It hurts to lose to a crap team, but the rubbish written in this thread is embarrassing.  Perhaps if they could let their frustration die down they could string a sentence together without sounding like children having a tantrum.  This thread is more depressing than the result.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Legend_in_blue said:

It'll be a laugh seeing Villa get smashed in the final and languishing around the bottom 3 for the rest of the season.

The more important thing for us is to learn from it, become more resilient and push on for top 4.  The players will grow stronger as a result of what has happened tonight.  We need to move on and learn from it.  These inexperienced, talented lot will have their time.  Onwards and upwards.

Exactly - how can we not be positive? It's at times like this that we need to be positive. We were the better side - and very unlucky - the result was shit - but shit happens (particularly in football). We still have a couple of very mighty prizes to play for.

• Like 2

28 minutes ago, Milo said:

Didn’t really deserve to win, I don’t think. Oddly passive and didn’t turn possession into anything particularly meaningful. 

I like Maddison and I’m glad we have him, but I could do without him falling over and curling up like a timid little hedgehog anytime someone gets near him. 

Their keeper played well over both games, ours didn’t. 

Happy for Nacho, but Vardy has looked a little off colour last few games, which has a massive impact on how we play. 

Yep, agree.

Vardy shouldn’t have been in the squad IMO

I can understand the frustration but if it wasn't for their goalkeeper, we'd have walked both ties for an easy aggregate win. Not to mention the blatant penalty not given. Sometimes it's not the best team that wins but the luckiest. Villa had everything go their way over 180mins and they still only barely beat us. 

• Like 3