Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Nalis

Chelsea (H) - Pre Match Thread - Sat 1st Feb - 12.30pm

I’m utterly mystified that so many so-called Leicester fans seem to value qualifying for the Champions League so cheaply.  It’s by far the most important thing we could have accomplished this season, apart from winning the league.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

50 minutes ago, Deeg67 said:

I’m utterly mystified that so many so-called Leicester fans seem to value qualifying for the Champions League so cheaply.  It’s by far the most important thing we could have accomplished this season, apart from winning the league.

I've heard nothing but positivity regarding C/L qualification. If your seeing negative stuff posted on here - grab the salt and pinch it :thumbup: 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Sad 1

BS I was.  Just read the posts, it's right there.  Not caring about arguably the most important match of the season - because we lost a Carabao Cup match.  Literally suggesting cup runs should be priortized over CL qualification.  It's not every poster obviously but it's some - and that it's even a few is astonishing.  These aren't straw men, they're actual people and there's a written record of what they've said.  

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Gamble92 said:

I'm still deflated from tuesday and will find it difficult to get over until we are in a similar stage of the FA Cup. The players mentality is probably better than mine though :beer:

If it isn’t then we definitely lose ......

If we don’t win tomorrow then it’s five seasons since we beat Chelsea at home ......

early start for me and not expecting to drive back with a smile .........., they are fourth for a good reason and at the moment, we seem to be third without one !  have to play with strong intensity and mental attitude for 90 mins and not sure we can ......

I seriously hope we win this one before the winter break. Would do a world of good to the players confidence and put us in a strong position for the second half of the season. I'm expecting a tough finish, our rivals/concurrents for the top 4 have strengthened and it won't be as easy as in the first half of the season.

Nervous 3-2 City.

1 hour ago, st albans fox said:

If we don’t win tomorrow then it’s five seasons since we beat Chelsea at home ......

early start for me and not expecting to drive back with a smile .........., they are fourth for a good reason and at the moment, we seem to be third without one !  have to play with strong intensity and mental attitude for 90 mins and not sure we can ......

For a good reason? Like losing to Everton, Bournemouth and Southampton in December. Newcastle 2 weeks ago and drawing with Brighton on new year's day? 

We've had a blip but you can't go talking like it's baffling how we are ahead of Chelsea. 

1 hour ago, st albans fox said:

Not sure how you can say they are 4th for good reason and we don’t deserve to be 3rd.  After we beat Villa in the league we were 9 points ahead of them and 14 points clear of 5th.  8 games later we are now 8 points clear of 4th and still 14 points clear of 5th so yes, we have been on a bad run but so has everyone else outside the top 2.

14 hours ago, lgfualol said:

Schmeichel would raise serious hell if he was ever dropped. Never gonna happen.

And there's the rub!

My team

4-2-2-2 

Johansson

Justin

Evans

Cags

Chillwell

Ndidi

Hamza

Maddison

Barnes/Tielemans

Iheanacho

Vardy

1 hour ago, wardyfox86 said:

For a good reason? Like losing to Everton, Bournemouth and Southampton in December. Newcastle 2 weeks ago and drawing with Brighton on new year's day? 

We've had a blip but you can't go talking like it's baffling how we are ahead of Chelsea. 

1 hour ago, CUJimmy said:

Not sure how you can say they are 4th for good reason and we don’t deserve to be 3rd.  After we beat Villa in the league we were 9 points ahead of them and 14 points clear of 5th.  8 games later we are now 8 points clear of 4th and still 14 points clear of 5th so yes, we have been on a bad run but so has everyone else outside the top 2.

I’m looking at the quality of their squad re my comment about 4th ...  we havent played well enough to justify third for a fair old while (I can’t judge West Ham cos they are dire).

And their away form is better than their home where many of their worst results have come last couple months 

we need to play at high intensity for 90 mins tomorrow and would you be confident that we can ??  We have the quality and no one would be happier than me for us to rediscover our swagger tomorrow.

Edited by st albans fox

I'm not sure about this two up front. I think Vardy has to be the main striker otherwise he barely gets on the ball, its not about fitness its the setup. It's no surprise that since we've been trying to get Perez more central and fit Iheanacho into the team that Vardy has had much less impact.

I liked the 4-2-3-1 it worked well against West Ham and would like to see that again, but then Ndidi seems to need that holding role by himself.

• Like 1

Can the real Leicester city please turn up?

no more surrender and self pity! Players need to get a hold of the game and win it! I’m hoping for a 3-0 destruction of Chelski. Gotta take our anger and frustration out on somebody it might as well be them 👊🏾 COYF

• Haha 1