Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Nalis

Chelsea (H) - Pre Match Thread - Sat 1st Feb - 12.30pm

15 hours ago, TrentFox said:

I know it’s juvenile, pathetic and childish - but am I the only one who  Couldn’t  give a rat’s arse about this game? 😞

I suppose if you value a league cup final appearance and the faint possibility of beating Man City (bearing in mind our performances against names this season) above a CL place and the very real possibility of seeing City play Barca, Real, PSG, Bayern, Juve, etc.. etc.. then your feelings are totally justified.

Don't think many will share 'em though.

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

Just read that Maddison was leading the criticism of Lee Mason on Twitter when Mason was the VAR ref who watched the wrong clip.

Mason is the ref on Saturday.

Therefore Maddison is a nailed on cert for a 2nd yellow for simulation.

Simply a massive game. A win and the cup defeat starts to fade away. Lose and we go inot a two week break stewing over what might have been with no new faces of any quality to give the place a lift. Hope Villa's last minute winner doesn't become the Wycombe moment for this young side.

Hard to see past a Chelsea win especially given our record in matches against the top six. They are better away than at home too.

• Sad 1

5 hours ago, Realjimbo said:

I suppose if you value a league cup final appearance and the faint possibility of beating Man City (bearing in mind our performances against names this season) above a CL place and the very real possibility of seeing City play Barca, Real, PSG, Bayern, Juve, etc.. etc.. then your feelings are totally justified.

Don't think many will share 'em though.

Wow. Lucky for me that my light-hearted and throw-away comment landed on your desk. Thank heavens you were able to clarify the ramifications of the relative finishing positions in these two tournaments for me. 👍

3 hours ago, adejo92 said:

Nah, next points we pick up will be Norwich. 

We have been poor for a number of games now but have been lucky that a lot of the teams we have played and beat were just a bit worse than ourselves. 

Beaten West Ham twice and Newcastle, all who were absolute pony. Our last victory against anyone of note is probably late November? Even those victories vs Everton, Watford and Villa came at times when all of them were in horrible nick. 

We need a performance and a win to further gain momentum and confidence in the league, we have a tough run of fixtures. 

• Like 2

Just now, Ric Flair said:

Beaten West Ham twice and Newcastle, all who were absolute pony. Our last victory against anyone of note is probably late November? Even those victories vs Everton, Watford and Villa came at times when all of them were in horrible nick. 

We need a performance and a win to further gain momentum and confidence in the league, we have a tough run of fixtures. 

I want to see us in that form we had, where tore teams apart for 80 minutes.

I want Kasper to command the box and pass better.  I want caglar to be that old fashioned raiding defender, I want Your to show his class with the ball and Madders to be decisive.

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, TrentFox said:

Wow. Lucky for me that my light-hearted and throw-away comment landed on your desk. Thank heavens you were able to clarify the ramifications of the relative finishing positions in these two tournaments for me. 👍

That's OK Trenters, I got a big desk 😉

• Like 1

Been speaking to a few Chelsea fans (regular match-goers) and they've all stated Chelsea struggle defending set-pieces. I think this is somewhere we can and should be targeting tomorrow - especially with the likes of Ndidi, Soyuncu and Evans amongst us. Kepa seems like he has the struggles that we feel Kasper does when it comes to crosses. 

I feel like we don't utilise our set-pieces enough and can be wasteful from corners (I know we've scored from a few this season but would like to score from more). Whether this is from delivery or execution of chances it's something we can and should improve. We have some very good technical players who can whip in a good delivery so we should be taking advantage of it. 

Can't lose, I think we will though. Love this squad and what we've going but I just don't expect a reaction and think (despite their own troubles) Chelsea will have a little too much for us.

It doesn't help that we aren't as tight as we were. Last clean sheet in the league was at St. James on NYD and we've not exactly had the toughest run of fixtures since then. I expect us to need two.

9 minutes ago, Miquel The Work Geordie said:

Can't lose, I think we will though. Love this squad and what we've going but I just don't expect a reaction and think (despite their own troubles) Chelsea will have a little too much for us.

It doesn't help that we aren't as tight as we were. Last clean sheet in the league was at St. James on NYD and we've not exactly had the toughest run of fixtures since then. I expect us to need two.

Defiantly not as tight. We’ve been pumbled regulary which has loosened us up for others.

Edited by Meat and 2 veg