Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Nalis

Chelsea (H) - Pre Match Thread - Sat 1st Feb - 12.30pm

It would be an absolute treat to watch Lampard’s latest franchise ‘Frank Lampard’s Chelsea™️‘ get beaten but we are getting punished at the moment so I expect a shithouse referee and a painful winter break, nursing an unlucky loss to his new franchise just after being robbed of a day at Wembley by the biggest shithousers in the prem - Villa. 

Edited by funkyrobot
  • Like 1

39 minutes ago, TK95 said:

Opportunity to get fans back on side and cement the European Tour! 

Not sure how we'll set up but if there was ever a game to get the season kickstarted again...

Knock Chelsea a bit further behind us and bring back some good vibes

• Like 1

Ricardo's defensive and positional frailties have started to creep in again. I'd still like to see at least just one game with him moved forward to the wing, to give him full reign to use his attacking prowess without burdening him with too much defensive responsibility, with Justin brought in at right back. If it doesn't work, at least we'll then know.

Schmeichel

Justin

Evans

Soyuncu

Chilwell

Ricardo

Ndidi

Praet

Barnes

Maddison

Vardy (if fit, Iheanacho if Vardy isn't fit).

• Like 4

6 hours ago, Walkers said:

Schmeichel

Soyuncu

Evans

Ndidi

Vardy

Can't field a full side because the rest of our team are shite

Slight over reaction, I feel. So you are saying you'd sell Maddison, our creative spark, Ricardo, who has been one of our better players and all our wingers? I know you're probably hurting after that game, but don't you think this is a massive over reaction?

I feel we are in need of a winger, but to say you don't want half our team is s little OTT. Just remember where we've come from over the years, and think of tiatto, Elvis Hammond, McGivern, mo sylla and co, then tell me our team now is crap!

Just needs tweaking, not a whole rebuild. 

Edited by fox_favourite

Sounds like people are really worrying about getting caught. We are currently 14 points clear of the teams in 5th 6th and 7th. So even if Chelsea beat us, at worst we will only be a measly 11 points ahead of 5th and still 5 points clear of Chelsea.

This game isn't the be all and end all. People might start to think the wheels are coming off but what better time for the winter break to come in so things can settle down.

I'm going to say it. Top 4 is done. I don't care if its 3rd or 4th for us. I want a massive team in the champs league group stages so if we are pot 4 that's fine with me. 

People just need to calm down. Stick to how we play, its been successful on the whole so far. Time for Ndidi to show the world that he is at least on par with Kante.

Personally I think it will be a draw. Which will not be a bad result at all.

Just hoping for a reaction. Really hoping that we go at them. None of this stand off the big teams crap. 

The lads have it in them to sweep these aside, I just hope they show it. We bottled it last night but it's the kind if defeat that makes you or breaks you. 

Going 3-0 city 

Come on Leicester!!! 

Edited by ARTY_FOX

4 hours ago, fox_favourite said:

Slight over reaction, I feel. So you are saying you'd sell Maddison, our creative spark, Ricardo, who has been one of our better players and all our wingers? I know you're probably hurting after that game, but don't you think this is a massive over reaction?

I feel we are in need of a winger, but to say you don't want half our team is s little OTT. Just remember where we've come from over the years, and think of tiatto, Elvis Hammond, McGivern, mo sylla and co, then tell me our team now is crap!

Just needs tweaking, not a whole rebuild. 

I was joking! More of a carry on from another thread where I said if we got rid of everyone who fans had an issue with we'd have a squad of 5

On that note I'd like to remove Evans and Schmeichel from the side based on comments I've seen in the last 12hrs

Edited by Walkers

Concerned.

On the evidence of how we’ve performed in the big games this season well we’ve not have we.

Thats the one question mark I have with Rodgers, I’m not moaning about him, calling for him to be sacked or even criticising him, I’m delighted with the job he’s doing but the questions are there to be answered and proven against.

Ironically the game against Chelsea earlier in the season looked like we were rolling over but we did manage to find some grit and fight to come back and get a draw.

I think Chelsea are similar to ourselves, had a good season, their position probably flatters them a little (like ourselves), had everyone else turned up but failed to impress in the big games and currently going through a dodgy spell themselves.

Bore draw anyone?

6 hours ago, Onions said:

Can’t believe I’m saying it, but Vardy can’t start. 

He’s clearly not fit enough, didn’t touch the ball for 17 minutes today (granted not his fault as we were shite) but there he wasn’t making the runs he does 

He's clearly not fit yet. On top of that Nacho is possibly our most in-form player and leading the line very well. 

At the moment I have zero issues with Nacho starting for us, he's turning in good performances and making an impact every game.

• Like 1

I'd keep Vardy on the bench, don't think he looked anywhere near fit last night, cameo off the bench and let him rest for a couple of weeks. Iheanacho in good form and doesn't deserve to be dropped.

I'd go same as night and see what the reaction is. Barnes was terrible last night but there are no better alternatives.