Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Nalis

Chelsea (H) - Pre Match Thread - Sat 1st Feb - 12.30pm

On 29/01/2020 at 00:20, twister said:

calmed down 

Fuchs and Morgan back in please, team have done so well this year just dont want to see it all unravel.

Not hopeful against a fresh team, but at least their is the break afterwards,wolves and city to come...gulp.

The team deserve a top four place just worried its not going to happen somehow :(

Wanting Fuchs and Morgan in shows that you haven't calmed down yet. There is a reason that Fuchs hardly played last season and has only played when Chilwell is injured this season and Morgan is really a complete liability unless you need to someone to throw himself in front of a ball and hope that he blocks it before going in.

Love them both but hopefully they only play a maximum of 5 more games in their Leicester careers.

I'd consider dropping Kasper but that's not going to happen and I'd consider Hamza in for Tielemans but that's not going to happen. 

Iheanacho must play and must start. He is looking electric in both build up play and shooting. Happy to play 2 upfront if Vards is fit.

Expect to win and seal the CL deal and loss whilst far from the end of the world would be a little worrying.

Edited by Guest

Guest An Sionnach
17 minutes ago, FIF said:

Wanting Fuchs and Morgan in shows that you haven't calmed down yet. There is a reason that Fuchs hardly played last season and has only played when Chilwell is injured this season and Morgan is really a complete liability unless you need to someone to throw himself in front of a ball and hope that he blocks it before going in.

Love them both but hopefully they only play a maximum of 5 more games in their Leicester careers.

I'd consider dropping Kasper but that's not going to happen and I'd consider Hamza in for Tielemans but that's not going to happen. 

Iheanacho must play and must start. He is looking electric in both build up play and shooting. Happy to play 2 upfront if Vards is fit.

Expect to win and seal the CL deal and loss whilst far from the end of the world would be a little worrying.

As the founding member of his fan club you should be demanding he plays not considering it.

1 hour ago, FIF said:

“Drop Kasper” and “throw Fuchs in the bin” hardly indicate calmness.

Edited by The_77

4-1-4-1 is still our best system but leaving Vardy out is madness and he needs a goal. I wonder if we can work some finely tuned style of this but with Fuchs and Barnes down the left and Iheanacho tucking in to support Vardy with Ricardo running the flank on his own, this requires Ndidi to be super human once again and he looked far from that on Tuesday as he eases his way back from injury.

1 hour ago, The_77 said:

“Drop Kasper” and “throw Fuchs in the bin” hardly indicate calmness.

Kasper is flappier than a flappy bird and at the moment he's guaranteed to pass the ball to an attacker in a good scoring position at least once a game. My suggestion was a little tongue in cheek but I'm ready for the Johansson era to begin even if no-one else is. Ward cost a lot of money yet we don't seem to trust him and Jakupovic needs to line the bin.

Fuchs, fine player as an emergency back up, but he no longer has the legs to play week in week out, I'm ready for the Ughelumba and Thomas to backup Chilwell era to begin. We need to give our younger players a site of the bench as they move into their 20's or sell them on.

2 hours ago, Cardiff_Fox said:

Big game you say? 

What tactics will we have to the Rodgers Wheel of Fortune this time ? 

I’m going with a 4-4-2 Diamond 

Wouldn't surprise me. Only way we get Tielemans, Maddison and Praet in same team. 

Diamond or Maddison out wide. 

1 hour ago, TrentFox said:

I know it’s juvenile, pathetic and childish - but am I the only one who  Couldn’t  give a rat’s arse about this game? 😞

Yeah I'm the same, in fact I hope we don't turn up, Chelsea get awarded the points whilst praying that Man Utd and Wolves both get 3 points even though they play each other

• Haha 2

13 hours ago, kingcarr21 said:

There's also this thing called 'its football, you win some you lose some'

Go off of what we have done so far this season. There is nothing to suggest that we will free fall. So why worry about it? We aren't the only team trying to win football matches.

Worry about a free fall when it actually begins to happen. Like when we are completely outclassed in matches. Whilst we are still competitive in games then results will come. Even if its win 2 lose 2 draw 2. That would still keep our points ticking over and forces the teams below us to go on an almighty run to close the gap. Something which the teams below us have failed to do.

Think some fans need to relax a little (not directed at you), be frustrated when it doesn't go right but too many people are belittling players to the point its offensive and embarrassing.

Get behind the lads and lets get into Champs league again

Tell that to the folks at Anfield Road. lol

Seriously, though, even if it's ultimately inevitable, no elite professional athlete goes into a contest with the mindset of "losing some" (because they would probably "win some" somewhere down the road). Instead, losing is self-evidence that something had gone wrong. And that "we aren't the only team trying to win football matches" is no reason to get comfortable with losing.

Don't really want to belabor the point (been on FT long enough to realize the futility), but while I never said we were in a "free fall", 10 points in the last 8 EPL games in contrast to 38 points in the first 16 is most definitely a SLIDE in form, and my apologies for not being one of those to wait until we are in an actual "free fall" to be concerned enough to urge getting back on course.

Edited by NaijaFox