Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
StanSP

Wolves (A) - Pre-match Thread - 14/02/2020

15 minutes ago, murphy said:

I'd take it.

I think that our set up will suit you.  

I've not seen a lot of Wolves but I've noticed all the comebacks lately.  What does that tell you?  Do you set up to play on the counter but are actually better playing on the front foot chasing a game?

We tend to play better in the second halves. We always set up to play on the counter against the better teams but never stop trying to score regardless of the scoreline. Our energy levels are relentless even though we've had lots of extra games this season. Our fitness coaches and sports science departments are working wonders at the moment. 

• Like 1

i cant shake an incredibly bad feeling about this game.  

2 weeks off - Check

News Stories about players enjoying themselves on holiday - Check

Local(ish) team - Check

Reasonable expectation of at least a point - check

the only thing going for us in my opinion is that Lawro has predicted that we'll lose.....

46 minutes ago, The Bear said:

We tend to play better in the second halves. We always set up to play on the counter against the better teams but never stop trying to score regardless of the scoreline. Our energy levels are relentless even though we've had lots of extra games this season. Our fitness coaches and sports science departments are working wonders at the moment. 

https://www.soccerstats.com/halftime.asp?league=england

Mad that.

20th in the first half but 4th in the second.

We're similar - although not as drastic. In the second half of games this season only Man City have scored more than us and only Liverpool and yourselves have conceded less.

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, The Bear said:

Looking forward to tonight's game. Should be a close encounter with any result possible. We're both good teams with good technical players. 

Traore v Chilwell - Deffo worth sticking some money on a Chilwell yellow. Jota hasn't seen anything like his form last season so don't expect anything like last season's game from him. Podence looks more likely to do something off the bench. I'm glad to have Boly back to help mark Vardy on that side. Ndidi being out will help Neves/Moutinho too. 

We have conceded first in all of our last 8 games, but we have the best record in the league at gaining points from losing positions. 

I reckon a Tielemans or Maddison goal from the edge of the box. Jimenez for us. Choudry sent off :P

1-1.

Boly was a monster last time we played you.

3 hours ago, mozartfox said:

I am Malaysia watching Sky Sports News and the yellow ticker has just said Ndidi doubtful but Wes Morgan and Matty James fit to play??   What have I missed this week?  Need info before any wrist slitting takes place.

Morgan and matty names have been hailed the best players rodgers has ever managed and if we had had them fit and available to play together he believes we would have 100% record and be above liverpool.

He said to watch this space and it's a shame we didnt get to see his favoured 11 until now, and predicted (nay, promised!)  we would win the domestic treble and the champions league next season.

Also pushed for European super league so we dont have to play any shit teams ever again.

Sorry, cant find the link.

Mike Dean, you know that blind arrogant short-arse has been chosen as the referee.

No doubt he will do his upmost to ensure that no one outside of Leicester can accuse him of trying to even matters up after his disaster at Villa Park just 2 games ago.

1 hour ago, Pliskin said:

Really don't know what to think.... we're a bit odd at the moment, and I have that anxious feeling again that I didn't have prior to Christmas. 

Also, I really don't fancy watching Chilwell try to stop Adama....

Will probably detail Caglar to be vigilant in that area.