Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
StanSP

Wolves (A) - Pre-match Thread - 14/02/2020

1 hour ago, Fox85 said:

He might play them both with Chilly playing slightly higher up and fuchs just behind so that if he gets past 1 with pace fuchs will be there to pick up after 

He might 

more likely he plays Fuchs left side of a back three and asks him to cover the space with chilly playing a deep wing back role - 

3 hours ago, Ric Flair said:

I'm torn as I don't like trying to match a team with their normal formation as they will usually be infinitely better at that than us deploying it on the odd occasion. We are at our most dangerous in a back four with a variation of either 4-1-4-1 or 4-3-3, you could play Chilwell and Fuchs down the left but Barnes cannot be dropped right now, he is our most devastating player in 2020. The loss of Ndidi does leave us a little more exposed between defence and midfield so the temptation to go with another CB is possible but i'm not so sure that will cut off the danger from Traore and Jota, we are best to try and exploit their gaps they leave from Barnes and Perez getting the space to run in to on the inside channel.

I agree about having a back 3 with wing backs. Wolves are very quick at passing down the flanks so at least that would counter that and by doing so would lessen ndidi missing out whilst making it easier for choudray in commanding the middle of the park.

• Like 1

44 minutes ago, UHDrive said:

I agree about having a back 3 with wing backs. Wolves are very quick at passing down the flanks so at least that would counter that and by doing so would lessen ndidi missing out whilst making it easier for choudray in commanding the middle of the park.

I'd be very surprised if Bredon didn't play a back 3 here, had Wilf been fit I think he'd have picked the usual team/formation.

Brave to trust Chillers with containing  Traore especially after what Mahrez put him through.

• Like 1

Just now, filbertway said:

Christ, if we set up purely to nullify Traore at the expense of our own attacking talent I'll be very disappointed.

Totally agree. We should play on the front foot, he wont defend so will leave us with a 2 on 1 everytime. 

I think we're in for a tough game. Wolves are good, they're on a decent run of form, they have a gamechanger in Traore and we're stuttering. I'd be happy with a draw but I actually think we're going to get relatively easily beaten. 

Last time I felt like this before a Friday night game was Southampton... 

• Like 1

Looking forward to tonight's game. Should be a close encounter with any result possible. We're both good teams with good technical players. 

Traore v Chilwell - Deffo worth sticking some money on a Chilwell yellow. Jota hasn't seen anything like his form last season so don't expect anything like last season's game from him. Podence looks more likely to do something off the bench. I'm glad to have Boly back to help mark Vardy on that side. Ndidi being out will help Neves/Moutinho too. 

We have conceded first in all of our last 8 games, but we have the best record in the league at gaining points from losing positions. 

I reckon a Tielemans or Maddison goal from the edge of the box. Jimenez for us. Choudry sent off :P

1-1.

Edited by The Bear
  • Like 3

4 minutes ago, The Bear said:

Looking forward to tonight's game. Should be a close encounter with any result possible. We're both good teams with good technical players. 

Traore v Chilwell - Deffo worth sticking some money on a Chilwell yellow. Jota hasn't seen anything like his form last season so don't expect anything like last season's game from him. Podence looks more likely to do something off the bench. I'm glad to have Boly back to help mark Vardy on that side. Ndidi being out will help Neves/Moutinho too. 

We have conceded first in all of our last 8 games, but we have the best record in the league at gaining points from losing positions. 

I reckon a Tielemans or Maddison goal from the edge of the box. Jimenez for us. Choudry sent off :P

1-1.

Are you going? 

I am Malaysia watching Sky Sports News and the yellow ticker has just said Ndidi doubtful but Wes Morgan and Matty James fit to play??   What have I missed this week?  Need info before any wrist slitting takes place.

1 hour ago, The Bear said:

1-1.

I'd take it.

I think that our set up will suit you.  

I've not seen a lot of Wolves but I've noticed all the comebacks lately.  What does that tell you?  Do you set up to play on the counter but are actually better playing on the front foot chasing a game?

2 hours ago, Flappit said:

I think we're in for a tough game. Wolves are good, they're on a decent run of form, they have a gamechanger in Traore and we're stuttering. I'd be happy with a draw but I actually think we're going to get relatively easily beaten. 

Last time I felt like this before a Friday night game was Southampton... 

If it’s any help, much as I respect Wolves, they’ve won 1 in 8, so form not as good as you may expect. Still a very tough proposition ahead.