Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
MPH

Wolves 0-0 Leicester post match thread.

20 minutes ago, Fosse93 said:

You want 'reasoned argument'? OK. 

Wolves have scored in EVERY home match this season, they didn't tonight. 

But yeah, your right, what a crap performance. 

Seriously, do you realise how well we're doing this season? How can you be unhappy at 3rd in the league with 12 games to go. Please let me know. Cheers. 

I’m not trying to be a boblet but they lost at home in the Europa league to Braga without scoring.

2 minutes ago, Matt said:

Equally I still don't see the dislike and nastyness (and no, i'm certainly no snowflake) towards them.

If i'm honest I see them as a 'mini leicester' before we started this passive shite. Exciting.

But then 'we got found out' with the exciting football yet we seem to have been 'found out' with this passive shite too, how come other teams don't get 'found out'?

they've stuck with their manager. chopping and changing perhaps hasn't worked out how you'd like? when nuno leaves wolves we'll see how hard it is for them to adapt. i think it'll be a massive uphill struggle for them. having said that if they manage to keep hold of him then they could make that extra step up. 

i don't see wolves as an exciting team to watch tbh. they are effective at what they do tho.  

21 minutes ago, browniefox said:

Mendy is embarrassing playing anyone, against man city it would be a slaughter, it's a good job he's injured. 

I personally think that he's quite an accomplished player at what he does best and Rodgers acknowledges that also. Until injured last season, our local pundits would invariably have him down as a contender for motm.

• Like 3

It is noticeable in games like tonight how we lack a natural aggression and physicality. We managed to hang in there and defend very well but as this team and squad evolves I think we are missing some talented players that blend aggression with speed and agility, such as De Bruyne does with ease. 

Chilwell got better as the game went on which was thankful as he was doing his running the ball out of play or somehow losing his man in a foot race that they had no right to win and Schmeichel's distribution in the first half was grotesque. 

Ricardo was our brightest spark going forward, a theme we tend to see when teams sit back on us. Perez was completely anonymous and didn't get in to the game at all, especially 2nd half.

Wolves system and personnel is a real mismatch for us and we are yet to really find a way of exposing any weakness, our only win last season was a bit of a fluke. But I'm happy with the defensive display and a point isn't the end of the world. If we could get another point next Saturday I'd be even happier, but with no DCM likely available and Chilwell no doubt exposed and targeted by Mahrez and KDB it will be an unpleasant rollercoaster.

Vardy mate, please hit a purple patch again we are desperate for our talisman.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, don_danbury said:

they've stuck with their manager. chopping and changing perhaps hasn't worked out how you'd like? when nuno leaves wolves we'll see how hard it is for them to adapt. i think it'll be a massive uphill struggle for them. having said that if they manage to keep hold of him then they could make that extra step up. 

i don't see wolves as an exciting team to watch tbh. they are effective at what they do tho.  

They’ve stuck with their manager  
Correct they have.

Chopping and changing the manager hasn’t work our how I’d planned.

Erm, well I’m delighted we’ve got Rodgers, tbh I’m simple delighted we’ve not got Puel, we started the season great but we seem to have gone back to the Puel style, I am in no way wanting Rodgers out but I am in no way impressed how we’ve played since late November.

We will see how Wolves adapt if and when Nuno leaves, I don’t see what point this has.

As for seeing Wolves as exciting to watch (apart from tonight) we’ll have to agree to disagree.

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, Matt said:

They’ve stuck with their manager  
Correct they have.

Chopping and changing the manager hasn’t work our how I’d planned.

Erm, well I’m delighted we’ve got Rodgers, tbh I’m simple delighted we’ve not got Puel, we started the season great but we seem to have gone back to the Puel style, I am in no way wanting Rodgers out but I am in no way impressed how we’ve played since late November.

We will see how Wolves adapt if and when Nuno leaves, I don’t see what point this has.

As for seeing Wolves as exciting to watch (apart from tonight) we’ll have to agree to disagree.

we've had 3 different managers since they've had nuno. as for 3 yeah, definitely. 

14 minutes ago, don_danbury said:

we've had 3 different managers since they've had nuno. as for 3 yeah, definitely. 

I appologise for being thick but I don't see what point you're trying to make?

Are you saying we shouldn't have sacked Ranieri who would have took us down?

Puel who the less said about the better?

Or not appointed Rodgers who i'm delighted with how we started the season but since late November/Start of December has arugably been Puel-like, possession without purpose.

Either way we've followed this Pep fanboi opinion of 'we must keep the ball, for keeping the ball sake, without going anywhere other than sideways with it' mentality throughout all three options, throwing away all of what we're actually good and effective at because we were 'found out', yet we have been 'found out' in this style too. hpw come we seem to be the only team that are 'found out'.

As I said in my very first post in this thread, as soon as Pep, his boring football and his fanbois **** off with the 'this is how you play football' opinion **** off the better. After tonights 'big news' hopefully it'll be very soon.

Edited by Matt
  • Thanks 1

Not sure what's happened to the team that had that amazing run before Christmas, when Vardy was looking like he might break his own record for goals in consecutive premier league games.

It's like everyone has just decided to park the bus against us and play on the counter, and take the draw at worst. We've lost the snap and pace from our game and can't break anyone down. Our wide forwards are pretty much pointless and offer nothing when teams sit back, and we can't get Vardy into the game at all.

Today was the first time I've agreed with those that said we look Puelesque, so slow and ponderous. Everytime we won the ball we patiently waited for Wolves to line themselves up in their own half before passing it across our back four and then giving the ball away.

Even Ricardo has gone off the boil.....

1 minute ago, Matt said:

I appologise for being thick but I don't see what point you're trying to make?

Are you saying we shouldn't have sacked Ranieri who would have took us down?

Puel who the less said about the better?

Or not appointed Rodgers who i'm delighted with how we started the season but since late November/Start of December has arugably been Puel-like, possession without purpose.

Either way we've followed this Pep fanboi opinion of 'we must keep the ball, for keeping the ball sake, without going anywhere other than sideways with it' mentality.

nah not at all. i was just saying we've had to make more transitions than wolves. we can't really be compared i suppose. 

i do agree we need to step out of this keep ball just to keep ball mentality. it's leading to too many chances for the opposition. 

• Like 1

decent point

but something seems up for Vardy

barley touched the ball tonight and  has been well off the pace since  november, might be the new kid who knows

But he did play like this when things were not right under puel so I hope him and rodgers are still on good terms.

Terrible game as a spectacle, but getting something from the game was crucial. We're just too slow in playing the ball forward hence Vardy rarely touched the ball. He was making runs behind the Wolves defence but our midfield, mostly Tielemans, just passed the ball backwards to Evans or Caglar. We're never going to break defences this way, especially when teams put 10 men behind the ball. 

Edited by sm1
  • Thanks 1

I think Chilwell gets exposed a lot by Soyuncu. Evans on the other side offers a lot more protection to Ricardo and positionally is always in the right place. Think the Villa Cup game highlighted how good he is when Evans and Soyuncu swapped sides and suddenly our right side looked weak. Too many times the space between Chilwell and Soyuncu was too big for Troare and others to run into. 

Was nievely hoping that 'Winter break' would re~engize Everyone...No..

All we can do is crack on n hope our buffer points enable us to struggle into Euro places..

Yes perhaps 'we boxed above our weight' this first half season..but now a bloody dog fight tbh...we still not great. (Since Brighton away tbh?)

Vardy looks lost since family addition..also I am totally fed up with ongoing Maddison transfer gossip..(even though window just closed)..Manure just sign Greenish..he much much better anyway..(must be distracting Maddison)..although defensively he surprisingly q sound 2nite

2 hours ago, Corky said:

Puel ball is nonsense in this context. He was criticised for playing negatively against the likes of Cardiff, Southampton, Swansea, Stoke at home, not away against a good, well organised team with threat like Wolves.

Yes, it wasn't good to watch but we were hardly playing the whipping boys of the league today. 

Wolves are in their second season in the PL, and are midtable.