Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
MPH

Wolves 0-0 Leicester post match thread.

2 hours ago, UpTheLeagueFox said:

You're a ray of ****in sunshine aren't ya.

Maybe we overachieved in the first half of the season and now we're balancing out.

.. this is not balancing out!! 

We are on a poor run and if not for the early results, this would be described as relegation form. 

We are not having a blip, we are stagnant and no team playing us, turns up with trepidation. The mantra is next season will see us with better players and perhaps more experience to take us to the next level, Rodgers' will still struggle at the sharp end, as he lacks the nous to match the big boys or to get his team to perform on big occasions. 

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Leicester_Loyal said:

By the looks of it we’re going to stumble across the top 4 finish line. We’ll need to beat Norwich, Villa, Watford etc. 

I’d have taken a point before the game though. 

I'm pretty sure we would have all taken 'stumbling to 3rd/4th' at the beginning of the season :scarf:

We are 10 points clear of 5th currently, 12 games to go, and if the Man City mud sticks then even 5th will get us Champions League again next year.

Champions League football...... for the second time....... and we're Leicester City! What a time to be alive!!!! :scarf:

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Leicester_Loyal said:

By the looks of it we’re going to stumble across the top 4 finish line. We’ll need to beat Norwich, Villa, Watford etc. 

I’d have taken a point before the game though. 

Stumble, fumble, bumble, crumble...

Don't care how we get there as long as we do! lol

If the next game we aren't up for and playing full guns blazing I will be annoyed. The boys have had a nice holiday break and today I'll put it down to just starting to get the engines warmed up again. No excuses next week though. Need to finish strong and claim our CL spot as well as prove to everyone that the 1st half of the season wasn't a fluke. Buck stops with Rogers. Club is paying him a small fortune so he has to figure it out. Be positive, confidence, brave and play on the front foot. I so want Ricardo to go full steam at defences he has the capability.

Showed some mad skills today in the game we just gotta unleash him!   

• Like 1

3 hours ago, UpTheLeagueFox said:

You're a ray of ****in sunshine aren't ya.

Maybe we overachieved in the first half of the season and now we're balancing out.

You got a problem with the truth?  Take off those blue tinted specs and look what's happening. I guarantee you were calling for Puel's head when we were playing the same as now under him.

3 hours ago, goose2010 said:

Well it obviously is. Look at the form of the top 8 (take out Liverpool) from the last 6 games. Ours is the best, the league is so competitive this year and we have done so well getting the points of the board. It's our second best season ever in our history. We are only 3 points off where we were the year we won the league. 

My problem is that at this form all it takes is a couple of teams to go on a run and we could be in trouble. If this was Puel managing this team would you still want to give a break to the manager and our performance since December

1 hour ago, gurru991 said:

I can't believe the whining  that goes on here ! We are third in the Premier League and heading for Champions League football. Every week I read that pretty much every player is shit & that Rodgers is inept. Seventeen teams in the Prem would like to be as shitty as we are.  Get the Fvck with the program !

Agree. There are some drama Queens on here.  We are third ffs.   Just wish some on here you just calm down and relax.  It will come good again (after Man City🙏)

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

20 minutes ago, mozartfox said:

Agree. There are some drama Queens on here.  We are third ffs.   Just wish some on here you just calm down and relax.  It will come good again (after Man City🙏)

It's the memory of being 4th in early March 2001 just after beating Liverpool 2-0. And you knew things were going wrong but kidded yourself that they weren't.

On the other hand in March 2015, and rock bottom, you could see the green shoots that ended with us winning the title.

So third in February doesn't mean we're moving forwards. Especially when your prior success is based on inherited personnel and you've only picked up 12 points from your past 10. It was poor tonight, and to hear the manager say that we were great - and, remarkably, that we 'moved the ball quickly' (we didn't) - isn't encouraging. 

The result is good in isolation. In context, and in light of the performance, there's less cause for celebration. Not for the first time of late, that didn't look like a side that will finish in the top 4. In fact, we looked not only severely drab (is this football really all that easy on the eye?), but also severely sussed.

Edited by inckley fox
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

I only watched the first half. What I’ll say is whilst we didn’t create much we tested their keeper a couple of times and had all the possession really - they played like us circa 2015 soaking it up and trying to counter. I thought Tielemans played really well, Vardy had limited or no service and that we fizzed the ball about albeit to no goal scoring end playing one and two touch passes and looked pretty special doing it. We kinda currently play shite ‘total football’ but we are getting there. 

Love Hamza going forward but breaking up play he’s no Ndidi.

We miss Ndidi. He allows us to play our quality ‘ball at feet’ footballers further up the pitch and without that happening the final third is a bit stagnant.

• Like 1

Didn't get to watch the game but saw the highlights and I understand why some are frustrated. Not played at our best, nor did wolves though. But let's be fair, let's be constructively critical but not too negative. We're 3rd. We'll improve. There are positives and negatives to take out everything. 

• Like 1

Would have taken a point before the match so no problem with the result, especially down to 10 at the end. Hamza was unlucky with the first yellow as it looked like a good tackle to me, but not sure what possessed him for the second.

Not much excitement in the match for me. Wolves will probably think they were unlucky.

It did make me think of a truly wonderful gag though...WolVARhampton....insane yeah?

If only we had a V in our name...I think LeicesterVAR is the absolute best, without any possible improvement, you can get on that. 

Across the season that is an exceptional result and I reckon we were just under heavy instruction to play that way, it's not like we'd not seen it before against Wolves, remember the fost game o the season? 

Whilst we all know we could have done better, that's what we look like when playing cautiously, might even say almost paranoid. 

Not much to comment on really, defence was great, Evans, again, MOTM for me, Cags and Ricardo close behind. 

One thing though, Soyuncu had enough opportunities to run through the midfield and get the ball into the box, I know it would have come off badly if he'd had lost possession, but I reckon he's easily got the ability to surpass Maguire's ability in that department. Times like last night, I think the risk would have paid off and given us some extra surprise chances. 

• Like 1

8 hours ago, The Bear said:

Very much feels like two points dropped for us given our chances that Jimenez had. 

Also that's 4 points VAR has robbed off us from you this season:@ 

I also thought Chowdhury's second yellow was a bit harsh. He slipped and was just trying stretch for the ball. Letter of the law and all that though... 

I am as biased a City fan as most but this is correct in every aspect.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Strokes said:

Doesn’t an offside have to be a forwards pass?

Apparently not, though I admit I had the same thought. I believe it’s not a question of which way the ball is played but whether the offside player is technically in front of the player making the pass. In this case he was, so even though the ball was played back, the player receiving the ball was ahead of the player making the pass when it was made.

Edited by WigstonWanderer
  • Thanks 1

8 hours ago, hejammy said:

I'm not sure about this. I think they were the better team over both games. But points and score are what matters 

No way. We didn’t create one quality chance at Wolves and we got two lucky VAR calls to save our asses over both games. Lucky to get a point in either game. 

2 hours ago, NasPb said:

Didn't get to watch the game but saw the highlights and I understand why some are frustrated. Not played at our best, nor did wolves though. But let's be fair, let's be constructively critical but not too negative. We're 3rd. We'll improve. There are positives and negatives to take out everything. 

How many chances did you see us create in the highlights?