Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
MPH

Wolves 0-0 Leicester post match thread.

I like Brendan Rogers and if each season the managers were drawn out of a hat I think we'd be well pleased. However it will be interesting  to see if he can raise the motivation level for the rest of the season to a final flourish. Its important because it will set the tone for how we start next season. Nothing is going to change much this season except a cup win (we're still in one are n't we ) or finishing second would be nice but we've definitely got to kick on a bit to maintain and I hope exceed what we've achieved this year.

For this team playing at their best, little has been impossble, but everything has been a bit disappointing since Man City and Liverpool over Christmas. The worst jobs in football are being either a manager or a fan. We have to achieve regular miracles or we're not happy bunnies. Mind you I'm not paid in millions as compensation.

4 minutes ago, lcfcsnow said:

I hope you’re both right and we improve the quality of team but it concerns me that since Rodgers came in we didn't improve the starting 11 in two windows, and seem wary that bringing in a good player will disrupt the squad harmony to the fact all we could risk was bring in a reserve from Wolves. The likes of Pérez and Praet have added very little and Justin doesn’t play.

Perez has be ok this season and arguably playing out of position. Praet is a tidy player. No one in the league strengthened in January. Justin will get his chance. 

The biggest thing That Rodgers has done has taken a group of young players to an unreal position in the league. We will get stronger and stronger, remember our squad haven't peaked yet. 3 or 4 new players and we will be challenging next year to. 

It's an unreal team for our club and I honestly don't know why people cannot just enjoy the rough with the smooth. 

• Like 2

43 minutes ago, Mickyblueeyes said:

A bit of credit for Chilwell today - he gets criticised for his defending but I think he did well today.

In parts, yes.

But once Adama Traoré came on, you could see him sweating the extra mile. No wonder we needed Praet (?) to help him out covering his side.

15 minutes ago, Matt said:

I’ve always been impressed with Wolves and enjoyed watching them but tonight all we wanted to do was pass sideways and all they wanted to do was sit back.

wolves are a good burnley. they are a decent side but i don't see the hype around them and adama. they will every now and then look awesome against a top side i suppose. 

Wolves need to have a plan B, they cannot sit 6 behind the ball and counter all the time.
Cannot see how they will progress further without having such an alternate approach.

Sorry @TheBear but you should have won that with a bit of a plan B

Happy with a point.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, MC Prussian said:

In parts, yes.

But once Adama Traoré came on, you could see him sweating the extra mile. No wonder we needed Praet (?) to help him out covering his side.

To be fair he isn't the first and won't be the last that needs some help. You see him against Liverpool? Made Andy Robertson look like Moreno the bloke is a bit of a freak and probsbly the hardest winger to play against in the league. 

We’re crawling our way to the Champions League whilst not firing on all cylinders, we desperately need to get the swagger back that we had during our winning run, nerves must play a part, everyone wants Champions League and our relatively young side must put nerves to one side and grab the opportunity that they have created, we’re still in the box seat, time to step up and finish the job.

52 minutes ago, vanity said:

It is about time to consider Iheanacho over Vardy, especially against teams we expect to primarily counter-attack who sit deep. His lack of availability in the build-up is hurting the attack and costing us goals and point in the standings.

I also want to see Nacho,but Now After a Good Run in the side,with only the odd decent game,Its Time IMO for Perez to sit on the Bench.

i want to see a Vardy Nacho combination...

2 minutes ago, Mark 'expert' Lawrenson said:

We’re crawling our way to the Champions League whilst not firing on all cylinders, we desperately need to get the swagger back that we had during our winning run, nerves must play a part, everyone wants Champions League and our relatively young side must put nerves to one side and grab the opportunity that they have created, we’re still in the box seat, time to step up and finish the job.

We have crawled to 50 points......it’s been a slow crawl too....we have and still are punching above our weight....great point today

• Like 1

At the start of I'd have taken a draw. 

At halftime, after a VAR intervention, I'd have taken a draw. 

After the sending off I'd have taken a draw. 

Anyone expecting us to roll over a talented and well drilled Wolves side needs to reasses how they view us. 

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, goose2010 said:

Well it obviously is. Look at the form of the top 8 (take out Liverpool) from the last 6 games. Ours is the best, the league is so competitive this year and we have done so well getting the points of the board. It's our second best season ever in our history. We are only 3 points off where we were the year we won the league. 

You’re doing this wrong mate. Please stop letting facts get in the way of THE WORLD ENDING AND EVERYTHING BEING ON FIRE!!!!

• Haha 1

What's with all the criticism? We are not Liv, we're not ManCity. We are LEICESTER CITY and we have 50 points after 26 games.

We are 3rd in the PL and that is a great success. Maybe some critics should remember Puel's football, it was a torture for every Leicester fan.

Anyway, I'm very proud of my Foxes this season and I'm very much looking forward to the Champions League... 

• Like 1

Interesting to see people complaining about Puel ball right now. Out of all the teams in the PL, how many do you think have fans that are satisfied with how they're playing right now? Liverpool, certainly. Sheffield Utd. Man City, maybe. Maybe Southampton too, but their expectations are low... Who else? Not Chelsea, Arsenal, Spurs, Man Utd, Wolves, Everton, Crystal Palace, Newcastle. None of the teams lolling about the relegation zone. 

My point is, it's a tough time of year. Maybe a little perspective.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, The Bear said:

Very much feels like two points dropped for us given our chances that Jimenez had. 

Also that's 4 points VAR has robbed off us from you this season:@ 

I also thought Chowdhury's second yellow was a bit harsh. He slipped and was just trying stretch for the ball. Letter of the law and all that though... 

Happy VARlentines day Bear  ;)

• Haha 1