Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
MPH

Wolves 0-0 Leicester post match thread.

1 hour ago, Lionator said:

This is a peak Puel-ball performance. 

2 hours ago, jonny_wright said:

Has vardy had a touch yet? It’s almost Puel ball 

1 hour ago, FoxOfMelton said:

Almost Puel-esque at times tonight.

29 minutes ago, tylesta said:

Game of Puel ball that clueless!!!

24 minutes ago, ParkerPen said:

Puel esque

21 minutes ago, hejammy said:

So is "Puel esque" now just the standard description for when we don't play so well?

It's going to take a decade to purge "Puel-esque" and "Puel-ball" from the vocabulary isn't it :unsure:

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Shamomoa said:

If Ricardo isnt player of the season then there Is something wrong. Pretty much been the best player in most games even when we've been rubbish. A draw was about fair today!

.. would say Evans would be the shoe in!! 

We would be nowhere near our position without his leadership and organisation at the back. 

Number one player for me!! 

7 minutes ago, SheppyFox said:

Truth is we’ve gambled by not spending/overspending in January based on confidence of getting UCL. We have to achieve it to enable suitable recruitment in the summer. We’ll regress next year if we don’t finish 4th (I think we will finish 4th).

We’re where we are by early season form alone, not necessarily by sustainable levels of quality, we’ve been very below our expectations for a while now. Individuals errors are almost a constant theme in our game too.

Just out of interest who do you think will get 3rd? 

Brendan Rodgers has to admit that Ayoze is not what city needed. He should play JJustin at RB and Ricky P further forward against Man city. The guy is one of our most dangerous offensive weapons and he is not a slouch in getting stuck-in either.

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, lcfcsnow said:

I wonder how they will they cope with even more games if we get into Europe 

Our squad, as it is now, would struggle. Qualification would, hopefully mean we strengthen with more quality & experience. Just enjoy the ride. We are an acorn, hopefully growing into something more sturdy. 

Happy with the point in the end. Back four played ok, thought Maddison was busy.  Not sure what Perez brings as a winger; seems to stand stationary on the line and passes backwards.  
Amazing that we haven’t played consistently well since late November but still sitting third in the league.  I’ll take that.

Just now, goose2010 said:

They didn't even go for it when we went down to 10. Was like watching Burnley play away

Without Traore on the pitch they are basically just Newcastle. 

People get excited by teams that play 3 at the back cos they give the big teams a bit of a game but it's wank to watch most weeks. 

• Like 1

Our best/only 3 forward runs were 2 misplaced lunges and one choudhury tackle. Wrong choices almost every time.

Decent point though at this time of the season abd especially against 10 men. 

They wer half decent all round when traore came on. Boring as **** otherwise but gos they are solid at the back and are effective counter attacking. If jiminez was good..  

7 minutes ago, Cardiff_Fox said:

Which is the position he played in Serie A for two years 

Sure, but to play it for us against Man City... especially after what they did when it was Wilf at DM... I have seen no indication Praet is on Wilf's level at DM, despite his experience.

1 minute ago, Kopfkino said:

Without Traore on the pitch they are basically just Newcastle. 

People get excited by teams that play 3 at the back cos they give the big teams a bit of a game but it's wank to watch most weeks. 

Hahaha that's spot on. Give Steve Bruce a haircut, a beard and the backing of a super agent and they're the exact same team

4 minutes ago, Fizo said:

Brendan Rodgers has to admit that Ayoze is not what city needed. He should play JJustin at RB and Ricky P further forward against Man city. The guy is one of our most dangerous offensive weapons and he is not a slouch in getting stuck-in either.

That is a bit crazy, but only bc JJ doesn't have the experience against a team like MC. Would've loved to see that today  vs. Wolves though. And if it is easier to add a RB or get JJ up to speed, and if Ricardo is here next season, that works for me.

Edited by vanity

7 minutes ago, STEVIE B said:

Our squad, as it is now, would struggle. Qualification would, hopefully mean we strengthen with more quality & experience. Just enjoy the ride. We are an acorn, hopefully growing into something more sturdy. 

11 minutes ago, goose2010 said:

Will probably have 3 or 4 new players along with them to be fair. 

I hope you’re both right and we improve the quality of team but it concerns me that since Rodgers came in we didn't improve the starting 11 in two windows, and seem wary that bringing in a good player will disrupt the squad harmony to the fact all we could risk was bring in a reserve from Wolves. The likes of Pérez and Praet have added very little and Justin doesn’t play.