Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
MPH

Wolves 0-0 Leicester post match thread.

Another game where we dominate a half have more shots but fail to score God knows what’s happened to Vardy if not for a few class saves from Kasper & The brick wall that is Souyuncu & Evans, thought Hamza was unlucky to see red he slipped his left leg touches their player who goes down far too easily but hey it’s only Man City next easy !!:ph34r:

5 minutes ago, vanity said:

It may be harsh to single him out, but in all seriousness, what is his best attribute? I really struggle to identify what he brings when playing RW. He's a grinder -- he plays hard, he defends, but he isn't particularly talented or athletic. IDK what we saw in him, and Newcastle fans were astonished we came in for him. We needed another option at RW in the winter window, and failing to do so leaves us with a team that appears mostly checked out, ready to go through the motions for the rest of the season and maintain that CL position. Which, ok, maybe that is fine, but I for one am sick of these low-intensity performances. Especially in the games we go a goal down and suddenly start playing hard, zipping the ball around. If that goal had stood, I guarantee you we would've had a great run of play 2H. Instead, we just continued playing purposeless possession football. 

Sorry but I no a Newcastle fan that was gutted to see him leave! He's not overly consistent tbf but he's not the worst player we've had. Didnt have his best game today by far but neither did anyone else so what's ur beef? Give him a chance!

7 minutes ago, Beechey said:

No, in nearly any game all season. He's not as attacking as Tielemans, fewer key passes per 90', fewer interceptions per 90', and only 0.1 tackles more per 90'.

Tielemans is just the better player, even off form.

The wingers and striker is our issue. Most strikers in the league com deep to add another body to midfield when they don't get service, Vardy doesn;t. Its means we play more or less with 10 men whereas everyone else plays with 11 when the ball isn't in the opposition box.

Ndidi back in ASAP for me, maybe drop Perez (for someone?), and possibly try Kelechi.

Yes dude FFS yes! We need to realize we are playing a man down in the build-up when Vardy isolates like that, and it is worthless to us bc he isn't getting a pass in behind the CB when they are playing that deep. We need a striker who will drop back and participate in the build-up, play the ball into the wings once in awhile in dangerous parts of the pitch, do a bit of give and go with players making runs, there is just so much more a striker can do that Vardy doesn't do for us that would make us a much more effective scoring team.

I'm convinced that our pedestrian play was tactical.  We set up to take few risks committing men behind and played in front of Wolves because Rodgers was fearful of the counter attack.  In the end it worked. We could easily have approached it with more ambition and lost.

Good away point, especially given our respective positions in the table.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, justfoxes said:

Another game where we dominate a half have more shots but fail to score God knows what’s happened to Vardy if not for a few class saves from Kasper & The brick wall that is Souyuncu & Evans, thought Hamza was unlucky to see red he slipped his left leg touches their player who goes down far too easily but hey it’s only Man City next easy !!:ph34r:

I'd question the build up play...slow, sideways. Not Vards fault. We need to attack quickly and with purpose and Vards will spring into life. Today wasn't his fault, it's the supply to him that's the issue 

• Thanks 1

13 minutes ago, ParkerPen said:

Puel esque

Think we would have Lost that under Puel in the 94th minute!!!!! Important we did not lose, just like the home game against them. It seems the way under Rodgers when we go away to the top sides, we never give it a go.

6 minutes ago, wardyfox86 said:

If Perez drops out its Gray in for me. People don't fear Albrighton.

As you say, Tielemans is off form, has been for too long. But we haven't even given Praet a chance to see his form, gain any momentum.

Iheanacho, I feel, should be most frustrated with his minutes lately. The guy scores whenever he plays.

And as for Ndidi being injured, it's him or Mendy next week. Or perhaps 3 at the back with Bennett in? 

I’d go for Perez on bench Ricardo on wing who can then come back and help in defending & play James Justin on the right of defence the lad has shown some real quality when called upon !

• Like 1

Not sure what all the fuss is about. 60% possession away at a European chasing club. BR is stamping his possession game on the squad. It's only the first full season and he's waiting/needing for the summer transfer window to get the few quality signings to go to the next step. Chill.....

• Like 1

Just now, Shamomoa said:

Sorry but I no a Newcastle fan that was gutted to see him leave! He's not overly consistent tbf but he's not the worst player we've had. Didnt have his best game today by far but neither did anyone else so what's ur beef? Give him a chance!

Yeah, but Newcastle had nothing left (or so they thought). I don't have any beef with him, just I don't know what he does particularly well. Frankly I think he is struggling playing out of position for us. He might give us more as competition for Vardy at striker, or as a secondary striker in a 4-4-2 playing off Vardy. But right now he looks like a square peg facing a round hole. We need to find a role for him, he will be with us awhile, nobody will be coming in for him I don't think.

1 minute ago, fox_favourite said:

I'd question the build up play...slow, sideways. Not Vards fault. We need to attack quickly and with purpose and Vards will spring into life. Today wasn't his fault, it's the supply to him that's the issue 

Not blaming Vardy he just doesn’t look as spirited as usual !

19 minutes ago, The Bear said:

Very much feels like two points dropped for us given our chances that Jimenez had. 

Also that's 4 points VAR has robbed off us from you this season:@ 

I also thought Chowdhury's second yellow was a bit harsh. He slipped and was just trying stretch for the ball. Letter of the law and all that though... 

The first yellow was harsh. He won the ball and if your player hadn’t have had something wrong with his legs, ie they can’t hold his body up, it wouldn’t have been given.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, SheppyFox said:

I’m sorry but JV has been crap since having yet another child. It is what it is, people function poorly with a lack of sleep and a disrupted home life, regardless of profession.

Been thinking much the same and the wag-gate saga hasn't helped

• Like 1

1 minute ago, fox_favourite said:

When you play with a single striker you can't just keep blaming the supply. Look at Nacho his hold up play is actually really good and seems to be more involved in the play when he plays. We've got to be honest and call a spade a spade, he's been poor for a while now 

3 minutes ago, SheppyFox said:

I’m sorry but JV has been crap since having yet another child. It is what it is, people function poorly with a lack of sleep and a disrupted home life, regardless of profession

You are absolutely right. He looks slow even before his arse went out. The whole team look slow. Since December if this was Puel we would be calling for something new. We seem just to be content with a style of football that has been found out

• Like 2

31 minutes ago, Beechey said:

What exactly did Praet seem to offer that Tielemans didn't? Also, Ndidi is injured.

30 minutes ago, Mark said:

I’ve been wondering this all season 

Tielemans would never have been able to score that one goal that Praet scored, sprinting from defending to catch up with play. Sometimes you just need to switch up play, even if a player is not doing poorly.

• Like 1