Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
MPH

Wolves 0-0 Leicester post match thread.

9 minutes ago, Larry_LCFC said:

I'm not entitled at all. With the squad we have, we should be top 6 all day long. On our recent performances we deserve to be mid table at best. We should count ourselves lucky. Not many teams as bad at attacking as us would be where we are. 

Maybe our very young squad are tiring after a superb season so far. I think l made a valid point. I think winning the Premier League has given some of us very high expectations. Qualification to the CL will, hopefully mean we add quality & experience to our squad. We are in a great position, with the best owners in the Prem. Patience is key IMO. 

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, fox_favourite said:

I'd question the build up play...slow, sideways. Not Vards fault. We need to attack quickly and with purpose and Vards will spring into life. Today wasn't his fault, it's the supply to him that's the issue 

Some games we need a striker who will come back to the ball and play in other players bc we cannot get Vardy the ball where he needs it. It is simply a limitation of the team that we cannot always get him the ball, especially against low blocks or 5 at the back. We have other strikers who do things he doesn't. 

I will take a point even if the performance was below expectations. We played well at Villa in the cup and lost, so I'm glad we didn't imitate that result. Can't see Wolves catching us now. If Chelsea and Man U draw means Man U won't catch us. 5th place will now be enough for Champions League.

Edited by MGLCFC

Honestly that was a shower of shit. 

Respect to chilwell for managing to cope with adama for half an hour glad he didn't have to attempt it for 90.

But I'd have taken a point before hand. And it's even better value considering youri, Perez and hamza forgot to turn up and vardy looked like puel was back in charge.

On to the next one.

Ricky P was excellent infact was harsh on him they picked jonny as motm 

Edited by Bayfox
  • Like 3

1 minute ago, STEVIE B said:

Maybe our very young squad are tiring after a superb season so far. I think l made a valid point. I think winning the Premier League has given some of us very high expectations. Qualification to the CL will, hopefully mean we add quality & experience to our squad. We are in a great position, with the best owners in the Prem. Patience is key IMO. 

I think that is undeniable. We have become a low-intensity side, and we look labored chasing 50-50 balls. When we go a goal down, we typically see a response, an indication that we do in fact have another gear, but we don't reach for it until we need to. Suggests to me that yes, we are in fact pretty worn out. Makes me a bit worried for next season if we do play CL ball.

12 minutes ago, Legend_in_blue said:

Dean couldn't wait to brandish his cards for us.  None of the cards warranted apart from the 2nd yellow to red.  And yet we are on the end of professional fouls all over the pitch that go unpunished.  The most blatant of fouls occurring in the area which doesn't even get a review.  It's a disgrace.

As per the Villa game, Dean allowing blatant, cynical fouling. 

I’m happy with the point. I’m happy that we didn’t fold second half either. I think that’s a big point mentally more than anything else. 

First time Wolves haven’t scored since April at home....

Edited by Cardiff_Fox
  • Like 1

17 minutes ago, bfox said:

Strange game. Going forward we are clueless. Patience wearing thin with Perez, doesn’t really have anything to his game, very lightweight, nor a lot of guile, not pacy. We could do without continuously trying to attack from wide. Literally horseshoe e tactics from Rodgers again and again. 

.. this is not just lethargy!! 

The players have become too comfortable and Rodgers need to step up and take control of this team. Bringing Perez central and withdrawing Maddison would have been an option as he and the team are more dynamic in our play when we set up with Perez central. Looks better when linking with Ricardo and we need to push these players but Rodgers appears not able to do so. 

Wolves must be kicking themselves, we were so lucky tonight, almost embarrassing coming away with the point. 

1 minute ago, MGLCFC said:

I will take a point even if the performance was below expectations. We played well at Villa in the cup and lost, so I'm glad we didn't imitate that result. Can't see Wolves catching us now. If Chelsea and Man U draw means Man U won't catch us. 5th place will now be enough for Champions League.

Wouldn't bet against Man City winning their appeal. Big sides always get fines, suspensions etc reversed. Look at Chelsea this season. If it was Leicester we would be banned and gave points deducted. Again don't bet on Man City being out of the Champions League next season

• Like 2

Truth is we’ve gambled by not spending/overspending in January based on confidence of getting UCL. We have to achieve it to enable suitable recruitment in the summer. We’ll regress next year if we don’t finish 4th (I think we will finish 4th).

We’re where we are by early season form alone, not necessarily by sustainable levels of quality, we’ve been very below our expectations for a while now. Individuals errors are almost a constant theme in our game too.