Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
FantasticMrFox&Son

Remaining fixtures, how many points will we take ?

I just don’t like the fact we are now starting to look over our shoulders. Complacent for too long with that nice buffer. Well that buffer is starting to thin. 

Lets get back to our one-game-at-a-time philosophy and put everything into a total destruction of Norwich aka saints style. 3 points will be the minimum ask more importantly is a confident & determined performance that shouts to our rivals “ we shall not be moved!”

if we can then build on that with payback against villa we can keep going. Plenty of ammo for motivation - players just need to deliver.

44 minutes ago, cruzFOX said:

I just don’t like the fact we are now starting to look over our shoulders. Complacent for too long with that nice buffer. Well that buffer is starting to thin. 

Lets get back to our one-game-at-a-time philosophy and put everything into a total destruction of Norwich aka saints style. 3 points will be the minimum ask more importantly is a confident & determined performance that shouts to our rivals “ we shall not be moved!”

if we can then build on that with payback against villa we can keep going. Plenty of ammo for motivation - players just need to deliver.

3 points is the minimum? Literally can't get more than that though... 

1 hour ago, cruzFOX said:

Whilst our lead over 5th place (I'm assuming Man City get overturned) has been cut from 14pts to 9pts we now have got through that tough set of games and our run in for the last 11 games is as easy as you could expect in the PL.

The buffer is still good but now is the set of fixtures that we should be putting this CL qualification doubts to bed. A win away at Norwich on Friday will be a great place to start. 

• Like 1

As I’ve said elsewhere if you take this last five games on form and applied that across the season, only Spurs would get past us. That tells you all you need to know really. 

I put the March fixtures up there a while ago are lots of games where teams play each other. 

We are effectively eight good results away from doing it with a perfect record from Manchester United. 

Edited by Cardiff_Fox

2 hours ago, pmcla26 said:

I know we’ve been bad but having us down as losing away to Bournemouth... really???? Have you seen them play this season??

Hey, I call it as I see it. That's all I can say. Every now and then they turn it on. Would you have predicted us losing to Burnley recently...? Only time will tell. 

13 minutes ago, sylofox said:

Sad but could become reality. Already talk the Olympics could be cancelled.

Sorry for going of Topic ,but Chasing Top 4,could become somewhat mute..

It will also depend,if other countries start Reporting more cases,and Take the steps the Italians have ( no critic intended)

Leaving racism or any intended discrimination out of it....

How do countries like the countries like the Schweiz/Austria/S.Germany handle the influx of Asian tourist/expat over this period.

there are the obvious site-seeing groups,plus many who are adventure/sport- travellers,bringing alot of money,all year round....

• Like 1

On 24/02/2020 at 04:31, FantasticMrFox&Son said:

HOME

Villa

Brighton

Palace

Sheff Utd

Man Utd

AWAY

Norwich

Watford

Everton

Arsenal

Bournemouth

Spurs

I'll settle for 20, giving us a total of 70.

Should be enough for Champions League.

What do you reckon ?

Settle for 20? lol On our current form I'd sell my brother to organ merchants for 20 (if I had one).

65 is the number in my head to make the CL, and it still sounds about right.  Should there be 15 points in that fixture list?  Absolutely.  But the way we're playing right now I think it's going to be close.

I think 17 points are more than doable. Given we have a 9/10 point gap, it would mean other teams having to win 9 of their 11 games remaining while they also play each other (and us) a lot.

We are here to stay in the Top 4 unless we collapse and only win 3 more games. Starting with 3 points tonight.

HOME

Villa D

Brighton W

Palace W

Sheff Utd D

Man Utd D

AWAY

Norwich W

Watford D

Everton L

Arsenal D

Bournemouth W