Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
FantasticMrFox&Son

Remaining fixtures, how many points will we take ?

1 minute ago, StanSP said:

We have to be aiming to win all our home games. Should be the aim at the start of any season to be honest.

As for away, I'd hope to take point(s) at Norwich, Bournemouth and Arsenal.

That'd give us minimum 18 points. I'd settle for that, putting us at 68 points.

Last 3 seasons, 3rd place has got 72, 77 and 78 points. This season is a bit different, mind, because of how mid- to lower-table sides have taken points off teams vying for European spots. I'd say anything between 65 & 70 points gets 3rd.

I had 68 points for third when we did that table thing a few games back - I see no reason to change my mind ....

1 minute ago, Fox85 said:

Who in fook wants that.??? We are struggle to maintain games in the premier league alone.

I'd rather miss out completly than be in Europa league.

I wouldn't mind Europa League. 

1 minute ago, st albans fox said:

I had 68 points for third when we did that table thing a few games back - I see no reason to change my mind ....

Great minds mate ;) 

36 minutes ago, Izzy said:

I can see it now...

Last game of the season and we're hanging onto 4th place, 2 points ahead of Man Utd.

It's 0-0 in the 95th minute and Maguire heads in the winner for us, an own-goal from a corner and Soyuncu reveals a t-shirt saying "Who's laughing now the cock of the North?"

:unsure:

Sorted! :thumbup:

p.s. I reckon 17-18 points, looking at those fixtures....should easily be enough, certainly for 4th & probably for 3rd. It'll be squeaky bum time if we cock it up at Norwich, though....

Edited by Alf Bentley
  • Like 1

I think it will be something like this;

HOME

Villa - Win

Brighton - Win

Palace - Draw

Sheff Utd - Draw

Man Utd - Win

AWAY

Norwich - Draw

Watford - Win 

Everton - Lose

Arsenal - Lose

Bournemouth - Win 

Spurs - Draw

Total - 19 points.

I might add, I have been known to be wrong........

2 hours ago, Fox85 said:

We need atleast 70 points to finish in the champions league.

Man Itd coming on strong wolves still a threat spurs still a threat chelsea have improved massivley.

The last time 66 points was enough for 4th place as 15/16 season we won the league

Absolute horseshit. You think United or Spurs will get 29 or 30 points out of 33? They play each other ffs so it’s almost impossible. They’d need to win 9 in a row!!

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

I've gone with:

HOME

Villa - Win

Brighton - Win

Palace - Draw

Sheff Utd - Draw

Man Utd - Draw

AWAY

Norwich - Draw

Watford - Draw

Everton - Loss

Arsenal - Loss

Bournemouth - Win

Spurs - Draw

15 points. I still think that will be enough to qualify for the champions league. 

29 minutes ago, BenTheFox said:

I've gone with:

HOME

Villa - Win

Brighton - Win

Palace - Draw

Sheff Utd - Draw

Man Utd - Draw

AWAY

Norwich - Draw

Watford - Draw

Everton - Loss

Arsenal - Loss

Bournemouth - Win

Spurs - Draw

15 points. I still think that will be enough to qualify for the champions league. 

I still stand by we are a better team away from home and more likely to pick up the required wins. 

For me...

Villa - Win

Brighton - Win

Palace - Win

Sheff Utd - Draw

Man Utd - lose (1 eye on the FA cup final ;) + already qualified for champs league) 

AWAY

Norwich - Win

Watford - Draw

Everton - Draw

Arsenal - Draw

Bournemouth - Win

Spurs - Lose (Kane is bound to be back and 1 eye on the FA cup final ;) + already qualified for champs league)  

19 points finishing 3rd 10 points clear of champs league 

15 hours ago, Leicester_Loyal said:

Absolute horseshit. You think United or Spurs will get 29 or 30 points out of 33? They play each other ffs so it’s almost impossible. They’d need to win 9 in a row!!

Before we all go and throw ourselves off the Upperton Road bridge into the river soar remember that, assuming Man City ban is upheld, THREE teams have to garner more points than us to push us into sixth place. Thse teams that are currently in contention all have to play each other , and at least three of them have to play us. If we do not lose those games then the number of available games left for them to win reduces.  Looking at the remaining fixtures for all those teams, there is no way that i can see three of them all getting enough points to overhaul us unless we contrive to drop points in all remaining 11 games. Yes it is possible for one of the chasing pack to put such a run together, but nothing so far this season suggests that (ourselves included).  I expect us to finish somewhere between 62 and 68 points, and that should be enough taking into account the remaining fixtures.

19 hours ago, FantasticMrFox&Son said:

HOME

Villa 3

Brighton 3

Palace 3

Sheff Utd 1

Man Utd 1

AWAY

Norwich 3

Watford 1

Everton 0

Arsenal 0

Bournemouth 3

Spurs 0

I'll settle for 20, giving us a total of 70.

Should be enough for Champions League.

What do you reckon ?

United last day of season could be dependent on whether it's a dead rubber for them or not but i'm going 18 points as set out above.