Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Eden De Bruyne

Timothy Castagne

13 minutes ago, Leicester_Loyal said:

Maddison was playing in the Championship, Pereira was a bargain so I'll give you that one, Soyuncu was battling relegation with Freiburg (I think?), Ndidi was 19 years old and playing at Genk.

For context Castagne is 24 years old, has just finished 3rd in Serie A, got to the quarter finals of the Champions League and plays for the Belgium national team.

Worth pointing out for clarity that Castagne isn't Atalanta's first choice.

They usually play Gosens and Hateboer in that 3-4-1-2 that they play. Castagne rotates with them.

Castagne played the full 90 in 9 games for Atalanta last season in the left back/left mid position.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Finnegan said:

Yeah but AV aren't skint they just can't attract the players we can. It's not always how well off you are, it's who you can actually attract. 

Man City don't pay crazy money for players in fees, we could afford a lot of the players that they sign, theoretically. Ferran Torres is a good example, we could well end up paying more this summer for a less talented winger. 

But they've got much more pulling power than us. 

Also worth noting that Castagne is in the final year of his contract so it's not quite the big bargain some are suggesting it is.

Whichever way you look at it, regardless of his abilities, 20m for a backup left back in the final year of his contract is a hefty amount of money.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Finnegan said:

He's probably our best winger but he'd be wasted there. When you have a player that's so effective in a position it's a waste to play them out of it. 

Even in an attacking sense, so much of his value is that he cuts forward both on the over lap and under lap so effectively that defenders have absolutely no idea what to do with him.

The depth he comes from is what makes him so lethal. He's like a rugby full back countering from deep in the field, the Jason Robinson of football. 

He's probably better than anyone else we could possibly bring in at RW, and he's always been ridiculously dynamic when we've had to push him further up the pitch. I don't agree that we're losing major value by playing him higher up the pitch if we have cover.

6 minutes ago, AKCJ said:

They usually play Gosens and Hateboer in that 3-4-1-2 that they play. Castagne rotates with them.

Castagne played the full 90 in 9 games for Atalanta last season in the left back/left mid position.

Very true.

I think he's slightly overpriced, 13-15m or so would have been about right, but we're a Premierleague club and we need players in the squad badly for the first game of the season. We could end up messing around over 3 or 4 million then lose out on him entirely.

Hopefully he comes good, we'll all have forgotten about the price after he plays WBA off the park:scarf:

17 minutes ago, Finnegan said:

Yeah but AV aren't skint they just can't attract the players we can. It's not always how well off you are, it's who you can actually attract. 

Man City don't pay crazy money for players in fees, we could afford a lot of the players that they sign, theoretically. Ferran Torres is a good example, we could well end up paying more this summer for a less talented winger. 

But they've got much more pulling power than us. 

Never thought about it like that, well put.

13 minutes ago, AKCJ said:

He was first choice in previous seasons.

5 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

He was first choice in previous seasons.

That's weird. I thought if you were first choice in a team you stay there forever and your club should only ever sign understudies rather than try to improve the team by bringing in better players. At least that's how people on here think it should work.

Edited by ealingfox
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Ric Flair said:

I was just coming on here to post the exact same! Madness

Honestly i like cash, from what ive seen he's a better player technically than castagne although it will remain to be seen if he can hold up defensively in the PL whereas castagne has proven he's a solid defender. Personally would prefer we made more of these risk-reward transfers than safer ones.

Edited by honeybradger

1 hour ago, moore_94 said:

Dear Rob,

The Second World War end around mid 1945. There were some subsequent formalities in Japan, but everything did get sorted eventually .  BTW - thanks for the scoop on Timmy Chestnuts:scarf:.

4 minutes ago, honeybradger said:

Honestly i like cash, from what ive seen he's a better player technically than castagne although it will remain to be seen if he can hold up defensively in the PL whereas castagne is has proven he's a solid defender. Personally would prefer we made more of these risk-reward transfers than safer ones.

I tend to agree, there's definitely been a shift in strategy since Rodgers came in with Perez, Praet and Castagne. I hope its 3rd time lucky and he actually improves the team.

• Like 3

11 minutes ago, mozartfox said:

Dear Rob,

The Second World War end around mid 1945. There were some subsequent formalities in Japan, but everything did get sorted eventually .  BTW - thanks for the scoop on Timmy Chestnuts:scarf:.

To be fair, some of the Japanese soldiers refused to believe the war was over and were still fighting until the 1970s in the Philippines. So we might have to wait 30 years to be announced.

• Like 1

49 minutes ago, pmcla26 said:

Yep, anyone who's watched Atalanta play will see there was very little to choose between Hateboer and Castagne, with Gosens being the standout wingback of the 3.

The only reason Castagne wasn't first choice this year was because 1. It makes more sense to have someone who can play both sides as the back up option and 2. Because he was close to leaving last summer and it was inevitable he would this summer. 

Got a good goal scoring record has Castagne, think he's a great signing.

• Like 2

I think this is a smart signing. Can see Castagne covering at right back while Ricardo is out and James Justin playing at LB. Justin played well on the left when asked to do so last season. I think we should be concentrating on bringing in a winger next to add creativity and goal-scoring threat.

• Like 1

I'd love to know which Leicester fan has been editing his wikipedia page because they've done a really bad job lol

First the 4th Belgium to play for Leicester bit - Does the great Franck Moussa not exist?

Secondly the bit about the assist for Tielemans (not inaccurate but seems irrelevant) 

Got to admit though the "playing position - substitute" bit made me unexpectedly laugh

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Timothy_Castagne

28 minutes ago, peach0000 said:

I'd love to know which Leicester fan has been editing his wikipedia page because they've done a really bad job lol

First the 4th Belgium to play for Leicester bit - Does the great Franck Moussa not exist?

Secondly the bit about the assist for Tielemans (not inaccurate but seems irrelevant) 

Got to admit though the "playing position - substitute" bit made me unexpectedly laugh

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Timothy_Castagne

Editing Wiki pages is so 00s.