Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
urban.spaceman

Ben Chilwell

13 minutes ago, Jimmy said:

Dewsbury-Hall and Iversen need to be out playing, we cannot keep them here just to fill a UEFA quota

To be fair we did that with Barnes last time out in the CL when he was nowhere near our first team and hadn't even been out on loan yet. Being part of a CL squad and getting some minutes might be good for their mental development, and possibly get better loan clubs interested. 

I think the fact that he got a hatrick of assists for England against some mugs I can't remember and he was MOTM against Chelsea earlier in the season probably swayed Lampard. Chilwell being English and the national team's first choice and he's still relatively young makes me suspect Chelsea will pull out the stops to get their man as he ticks so many boxes. All managers love to have athletes in the side that can run all day and maybe they give him credit for being better on the ball than he rally is.

I don't think we'll get £85m but a fee north of £60m might happen and as much as I love Chilwell and defended him on here for years he's a sell at that price. He's trending on twitter now as well so maybe something is happening?

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, st albans fox said:

The Werner deal has brought all the Chelsea social media addicts out convinced that he’s next up 

journos sayimg he’s told BR he wants the move and that may hinder us getting the fee we want .....

To be fair it was the exact same last summer with Maguire and he really pushed for his move and we still got what we want

8 minutes ago, moore_94 said:

To be fair it was the exact same last summer with Maguire and he really pushed for his move and we still got what we want

I’m just conscious that it’s likely to drag the procedure out as Chelsea inch towards what we’ll accept. If we go shopping abroad for his replacement then we may get a good deal given the current climate .....  over here, I’m less sure 

12 minutes ago, st albans fox said:

If we go shopping abroad for his replacement then we may get a good deal given the current climate .....  over here, I’m less sure 

Kieran Tierney is better than Chilwell and for a third of the price... 

Edited by W88DY

11 minutes ago, st albans fox said:

Why do people think Chelsea don’t have money ...........

Surely they are suffering like every club from covid19? Yes they have abramovich but they just had a transfer ban, surely him bankrolling Huge amounts of money will result in a ban a couple of years down the line again? 

Just now, Lesta2014 said:

Surely they are suffering like every club from covid19? Yes they have abramovich but they just had a transfer ban, surely him bankrolling Huge amounts of money will result in a ban a couple of years down the line again? 

I’m not sure FFP is viable coming out of this.

4 minutes ago, Lesta2014 said:

They’ve had two windows off. They generate big income. they can easily afford a window of 150/175 m 

• Like 2

20 minutes ago, st albans fox said:

Following a 60m profit the previous year

a loss of 36m over two years and the one just finished will have hazard profit ???

they have plenty to spend .....

Fair enough.

Think a lot will depend on getting champions league which I dont think is a given.

2 hours ago, Gerard said:

How has this idiot got 300k+ followers? lol

thats how twitter works.idiots with a lot followers

in this post crisis noone is buying Chilwell for 85 thats for sure.

selling him for good price would not be a tragedy,but keeping young prospects is better option just to show these big clubs leicester is not far  from their level

Chelsea in theory should be the biggest spenders in the league this summer. Took in £80mil or so for Hazard last summer and couldn't sign anyone either. I reckon they could afford Chilwell even after those two signings.

• Like 1

They have the Hazard money, and it is "reported" that Chelsea have finalised a move for Timo Werner, which would cause poor old Mr Klopp to become jolly cross I should think  >_<

There are reports now saying Ben hasn't asked to leave at all like has been reported. This was reported from some friends? He is apparently tempted but has not had a conversation with Brendan at all? There is so much media chatter but its probably just that? There is nothing else for them to talk about at the moment i guess! Where did the 85 million actually come from? I honestly dont think there will be much movement this transfer window. I think most clubs will be cautious in selling first team players and also spending too much. 

Edited by Hales