Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
urban.spaceman

Ben Chilwell

2 hours ago, themightyfin said:

Simply not happening. BR has insisted we don't sell at any price. 

BR doesn't want Chilwell to get his head turned with two months of the season left and so much riding on it with Champions League.

If Chelsea want him badly enough and are willing to pay Maguire type money then he'll go IMO.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Cardiff_Fox said:

Shitty of Chelsea and agents involved to push this story with still a quarter of the season to go. Really hope it fires some of our players up

We could still easily finish 5th or lower and Chelsea then have insurance as two places are available.

You would worry for Chilwell's mindset if his move to Chelsea was all but done and it was Leicester and Chelsea fighting for that 4th place with a couple of games to go.

1 hour ago, Gazza M said:

They aren't a natural progression any more from us in my opinion. There are only 2 clubs in the Prem that can further better us and they are Liverpool and Man City. We have been better all year, have a better manager and sooner rather than later a better training ground. They can FOAD as Nigel once said. 

Their revenue is three time ours.

Our ceiling is their floor. We have to make good decisions all the time just to stay near them.

4 minutes ago, Gerard said:

Their revenue is three time ours.

Our ceiling is their floor. We have to make good decisions all the time just to stay near them.

I disagree that our ceiling is their floor personally. They'll probably always be bigger than us due to the lure of London, but as a kid they were a mid table team (much like we are now). Fair enough we can't spend recklessly like they did to become a top 4 team, but there's no reason we can't compete with them on a regular basis, especially with the new training ground and potential stadium expansion.

5 minutes ago, Leicester_Loyal said:

I disagree that our ceiling is their floor personally. They'll probably always be bigger than us due to the lure of London, but as a kid they were a mid table team (much like we are now). Fair enough we can't spend recklessly like they did to become a top 4 team, but there's no reason we can't compete with them on a regular basis, especially with the new training ground and potential stadium expansion.

Doesn't matter that they weren't a top club a few decades a go, they are now.

We can't compete long term without bridging the revenue gap. We can do it in spurts but not long term. All clubs eventually find their level again.

Just now, Gerard said:

Doesn't matter that they weren't a top club a few decades a go, they are now.

We can't compete long term without bridging the revenue gap. We can do it in spurts but not long term. All clubs eventually find their level again.

Then why can we not become a top club like they have done? I'm not sure if you're saying we can become a top club if we up our revenue? Which is exactly what I'm saying.

Manchester City and Chelsea were never big clubs, but they are now huge ones. They've got their through investment, there's no reason we can't do the same. If we finish in the top 4 for the next 10 years, I'd wager we'd be seen as a big/huge club by most of the world.

4 hours ago, brucey said:

Think I'll trust Percy on this...

i.e if exorbitant money appears, it will happen regardless. 

One thing I’ve realised over the past few years on FT, if themightyfin says something is happening, then it normally happens. If he says it’s not happening, it normally doesn’t.

So I think I’ll trust TMF on this ...

• Like 3

I think the question needs to be, could we upgrade on Chilwell for the money we’d get, rather than get someone in who’s ‘as good’. Regardless of the fee, if we upgrade for the same price or less, it’s a good deal. 

Years gone by, we’d have to sell and add on to upgrade on any of our players. Now we do business well, we can do the opposite. 

Even if we can keep him he's going to (rightly) want a new contract on that Jamie Vardy money. So will cost the club millions. 

I'm torn on this, part of me thinks that we can't keep selling season after season our best players to teams above/around us and seriously expect to compete with them.

But another part of me thinks that we came out of the Maguire situation incredibly well. His transfer basically funded the fees of all the rest of summer business (Justin, Praet, Tilemans, Perez) and we are a better team with Caglar in his position.

I would be a lot more upset if it was Ricardo off this summer. Unlike some on here I rate Chillwell highly but will happily admit he's been nowhere near as consistent.

I personally think he has the potential to be as good as Ricardo. He’s underrated and weirdly a scapegoat for some, He’s still improving and will potentially be worth more, in a few years.

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

7 hours ago, TJB-fox said:

One thing I’ve realised over the past few years on FT, if themightyfin says something is happening, then it normally happens. If he says it’s not happening, it normally doesn’t.

He’s had a few dodgy moments!  But he is one of the few who has an insight into what’s going on.  But things do change (which probably reflects those dodgy moments !)

• Like 1

I actually see us and chelsea at a similar level at the moment, even with the players that they are signing. There is no reason for Chilwell to leave us in the short term unless he believes we cannot sustain our level in the longer term and he jumps ship.

When we lost Kante and Mahrez we were a mid table Premier league team but now we are a team fighting for European football and that changes things drastically imo. I don't think we will be forced to sell players in the short term and if we sell it will only be at a good price for us. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Sly said:

I personally think he has the potential to be as good as Ricardo. He’s underrated and weirdly a scapegoat for some, He’s still improving and will potentially be worth more, in a few years.

I don't think he is a scapegoat, i think that people just see flaws in him game. Genuinely, if we they offered £85 million, i'd snap their hand off.

18 minutes ago, pazzerfox said:

I don't think he is a scapegoat, i think that people just see flaws in him game. Genuinely, if we they offered £85 million, i'd snap their hand off.

I don't want to sell him, but we'd be utterly insane to turn down £85m, that represents a really significant investment into the squad.

8 hours ago, TJB-fox said:

Funny that, I've been keeping track of various posters on here over the last few years, and have noticed the exact opposite. 

• Like 1

Guys please please please stop being silly.

The figures that are being branded around are just bullshit.

Chelsea will probably bid 50m max I'm being highly generous aswel there

And that's even if they do bid.

Stop buying into this 60m and above, it just wont happen, for the sake of yourself stop being daft and stop believing this crap.

12 hours ago, Ric Flair said:

Be amazed if he is

Was chatting to a mate about this, if you look at England's RB strength we have AWB, Trent, Walker, Trippier whereas at LB we have Chilwell, Shaw and Rose. Chilwell is the best of an average bunch and 3 of the RBs would likely start above him should they have been left footed. 

7 minutes ago, Fox85 said:

Guys please please please stop being silly.

The figures that are being branded around are just bullshit.

Chelsea will probably bid 50m max I'm being highly generous aswel there

And that's even if they do bid.

Stop buying into this 60m and above, it just wont happen, for the sake of yourself stop being daft and stop believing this crap.

We sold Maguire for £85million, who'd have predicted that? 

If they want Chilwell as has been reported for around a year now then they'll need to pay our price. Which has been reported by all of our big sources as being at least £60m, likely over £80m and in other cases we refuse to name one. This isn't being daft, it's how we operate. Chilwell is young, English and home grown, those 3 push prices up further. 

32 minutes ago, pazzerfox said:

How good was Ricardo at 23?

7 minutes ago, UniFox21 said:

We sold Maguire for £85million, who'd have predicted that? 

If they want Chilwell as has been reported for around a year now then they'll need to pay our price. Which has been reported by all of our big sources as being at least £60m, likely over £80m and in other cases we refuse to name one. This isn't being daft, it's how we operate. Chilwell is young, English and home grown, those 3 push prices up further. 

Please stop it 🤣.

This isnt the same as Maguire.

CB hold a higher price then LB or RB for starters, Maguire had some stunning england displays aswel.

I'm not saying it 100% cannot or would not happen but dont believe everything you are reading.

The window isnt even open yet.

Next you will be saying that Coutinho will be playing in a Leicester shirt next season