Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
urban.spaceman

Ben Chilwell

20 minutes ago, The whole world smiles said:

When Ricardo was Ben's age he was playing in the french leauge returning no goals and 4 assists for a whole season. 

Bet there wasn't many people who thought Ricardo would be "Ricardo Good".

Don't wanna be a boblet but this game was in April 2017 when Ricardo was 23.

0:50 for his run and assist

2:10 for his goal

I get the point though, he wasn't the consistent monster he is now.

Chilwell still has a lot of years ahead of him and plenty of people in the game reckon he can be one of the very best. Who's to say he can't be 'Ricardo good' in three years, especially if those years are spent playing international and European football on a regular basis with top players and coaches around him?

• Like 2

1 hour ago, brucey said:

Funny that, I've been keeping track of various posters on here over the last few years, and have noticed the exact opposite. 

Not going to get involved in some silly ‘ITK’ debate but that’s simply not true or you’re massively over-exaggerating for FT.

1 hour ago, UniFox21 said:

Was chatting to a mate about this, if you look at England's RB strength we have AWB, Trent, Walker, Trippier whereas at LB we have Chilwell, Shaw and Rose. Chilwell is the best of an average bunch and 3 of the RBs would likely start above him should they have been left footed. 

But thats assuming no left backs come through in the next few years which is very unlikely. 18 months ago TAA and AWB weren't on the radar, things change. Chilwell will need to improve significantly and/or be fortunate no other talented English left backs emerge.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, urban.spaceman said:

He's been getting line-ups absolutely spot on for about 18 months!

Odd ones too. Like when Brendan basically swapped the XI’s over Christmas (?) when players like mendy and Justin came in against West Ham (?) 

4 minutes ago, Lineker's Left Foot said:

Spot on for line ups before they’re released prior to kick off, but as far as transfers are concerned 😂

he’s the local indykalia ! 

But he did have a mole in the set up somewhere re line ups (or He knows someone with a house that overlooks the training ground )

• Like 1

1 minute ago, st albans fox said:

he’s the local indykalia ! 

But he did have a mole in the set up somewhere re line ups (or He knows someone with a house that overlooks the training ground )

Or he knows a journo who gets the lineups early

6 hours ago, Sly said:

I personally think he has the potential to be as good as Ricardo. He’s underrated and weirdly a scapegoat for some, He’s still improving and will potentially be worth more, in a few years.

Of course this is possible, but if you were asked how confident you are he will be, on a 1-10 scale, what would you say? 

I'd be a 1 or 2, not least because even if I'm wrong about his ability, many other factors outside his ability come into play, all of which would have to have positive outcomes. 

The daft numbers being mentioned would need it to be at least 50/50 to make any sense. I just can't see it. 

Comparing Ricardo and Chilwell is ridiculous, Ricardo’s attacking output even if it wasn’t supported by stats at the start of his career his decision making is there to be seen. You watch Chilwell and he struggles with crossing the ball and making his mind up; he’s brain dead in that regard but a decent defender. 

With that being said he is England’s starting left back; so I still see him going for £50m+ this summer if we compare him to wan bissakas fee; but I also see him going close to Maguires fee If we play our usual hardball approach in negotiating.

its stupid to suggest just because Rodgers has said he doesn’t want to sell him he won’t be going; what manager is going to say they want a potential £50m player to go publicly? We said we didn’t want Maguire to go and the same for mahrez but both ended up leaving when the fee was high enough.

4 hours ago, st albans fox said:

Define early - some of his tweets have been a day or so ahead ...... 

The starting 11 on a Saturday usually play a "friendly" match the day before the game against a mixture of reserves/23s to run through shape, set pieces, etc. 

The starting team is known on a Friday...

7 hours ago, shailen said:

I actually see us and chelsea at a similar level at the moment, even with the players that they are signing. There is no reason for Chilwell to leave us in the short term unless he believes we cannot sustain our level in the longer term and he jumps ship.

When we lost Kante and Mahrez we were a mid table Premier league team but now we are a team fighting for European football and that changes things drastically imo. I don't think we will be forced to sell players in the short term and if we sell it will only be at a good price for us. 

...if you really beleive that if both clubs offer the same salary it would make us competive with the likes of the historic Top 4.....!!!!

It's "that name" on the cv that drives a player, we can not and should not disrupt our wages policy and attempt to compete in a market that really does not exist.

5 hours ago, st albans fox said:

Define early - some of his tweets have been a day or so ahead ...... 

Yep, only someone that’s a player or back room staff will be able to leak that type of news. 

17 minutes ago, Bert said:

Yep, only someone that’s a player or back room staff will be able to leak that type of news. 

Player for me. First team starter as well. 

👀

Complete guesswork but is it possible all these rumours could just be Chilwell’s agent trying to get a better contract? Ricardo, Soyuncu, Maddison & Evans need new contracts and maybe Chilwell’s agent is trying to force our hand. 

15 hours ago, The whole world smiles said:

Even if we can keep him he's going to (rightly) want a new contract on that Jamie Vardy money. So will cost the club millions. 

I'm torn on this, part of me thinks that we can't keep selling season after season our best players to teams above/around us and seriously expect to compete with them.

But another part of me thinks that we came out of the Maguire situation incredibly well. His transfer basically funded the fees of all the rest of summer business (Justin, Praet, Tilemans, Perez) and we are a better team with Caglar in his position.

I would be a lot more upset if it was Ricardo off this summer. Unlike some on here I rate Chillwell highly but will happily admit he's been nowhere near as consistent.

If you have faith in the recruitment team and the transfer negotiating team then buying and selling in the transfer market is always a good thing.

It's also good business to sell players at their peak values or offers exceeding their value.

I was quite happy to sell Drinkwater & Maguire for the fees offered, I'd be the same if we were offered top dollar for Chilwell. 

9 hours ago, shailen said:

I actually see us and chelsea at a similar level at the moment, even with the players that they are signing. There is no reason for Chilwell to leave us in the short term unless he believes we cannot sustain our level in the longer term and he jumps ship.

When we lost Kante and Mahrez we were a mid table Premier league team but now we are a team fighting for European football and that changes things drastically imo. I don't think we will be forced to sell players in the short term and if we sell it will only be at a good price for us. 

The only way we're similar level to Chelsea is on the pitch.

They can sign Werner, he wouldn't have come here. Off the pitch we have to do everything right to stay in the CL spots mid term, Chelsea just have to be average to be there.