Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
urban.spaceman

Ben Chilwell

29 minutes ago, Hoopla10 said:

If we really want to progress we can't be a club who keep selling our best players. We put a premium price on Chilwell, simple as that imo. Thomas will be great in the future, a good replacement when Chilwell is injured or to push him (and others) for that first team place. It also shows we're a club with ambition and a club players will want to stay at and be attracted to.  

Look you clearly like Ben Chilwell, he might even be your current favourite Leicester player, however that doesn’t mean we won’t sell if the price is right. We have come on leaps and bounds as a club in quite a short space of time because over recent times we have sold one player a summer for big money. That’s the model at this current moment for the club, the only teams that don’t sell their best players are the likes of Barcelona, Real Madrid, Man City and Man United. 

We are hoping to emulate the Borussia Dortmund model in the hopes of growing the club incrementally. That is the clubs position right now, the sooner all fans understand and respect that the better really. 

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Mickyblueeyes said:

Do you think they want a year more of Chilwell before cashing in to allow Luke to develop further ? 

I'd assume in an ideal world we'd want a year of Thomas on loan consistently playing, then sell Chilwell for £80mill next year and buy an experienced player to rotate with Thomas. 

1 hour ago, GingerrrFox said:

Look you clearly like Ben Chilwell, he might even be your current favourite Leicester player, however that doesn’t mean we won’t sell if the price is right. We have come on leaps and bounds as a club in quite a short space of time because over recent times we have sold one player a summer for big money. That’s the model at this current moment for the club, the only teams that don’t sell their best players are the likes of Barcelona, Real Madrid, Man City and Man United. 

We are hoping to emulate the Borussia Dortmund model in the hopes of growing the club incrementally. That is the clubs position right now, the sooner all fans understand and respect that the better really. 

You are very correct with a model similar to dortmund. Shows how far we have come in the last decade. 

On the whole I agree with your message - I would say only really Manchester City have not sold a key player to this date. 

Barcelona sold Neymar - for a fortune admittedly but was a key player. 

Madrid - Ronaldo

United - Ronaldo too but could Argue Stam, Van Nistelrooy. Even though Ferguson wanted out I guess, they were still key players and weakened the team when they left. 

Man City- Maybe Sancho but he was similar to Pogba I guess in young prospect choosing to leave. David Silva or Kompany only when contract runs down. I can't remember them selling a key player. 

We will sell Chilwell but our owners learnt from Kante contract and we now receive world record fees for our players which in itself is amazing. But then think we are in European football with a very talented starting 11, arguably have the best training ground in football and an improved stadium on the way. What a time to be a Leicester fan.. 

1 hour ago, Hoopla10 said:

If we really want to progress we can't be a club who keep selling our best players. We put a premium price on Chilwell, simple as that imo. Thomas will be great in the future, a good replacement when Chilwell is injured or to push him (and others) for that first team place. It also shows we're a club with ambition and a club players will want to stay at and be attracted to.  

At the same time if you've every confidence a young player is going to be better than the current highly sought after player and that player can fetch silly money then it would be stupid not to cash in now, rather than see the value and interest diminish once Thomas overtakes Chilwell in the next year or two. We have a business model that has seen us win a league and very nearly get top 4 again a few years later. It works for us, yes its not fool proof but keeping players that don't want to be here will not end well either. Its a balance.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Jimmy said:

there are far too many Fuchs fanboys that have constantly dug out Chilwell, having a go at him for things other players don't get picked up on

Fuchs used to get beat all the time.

He had one solid season when we won the Premier League and other than that has been an okay left back but nothing great.

7 hours ago, fox_up_north said:

If he does go, my preferred destination would be abroad. I'm not keen on Man United having half of our previous backline. 

Honestly, I'd rather take less money and watch him go to Spain or Germany than take £80 million for him to go up the M6. 

We're not Man Utd's rivals and it's insane to think we are by refusing to sell to them. For £80m I'd piggy back him to Manchester myself.

It's rarely a bad strategy to sell any player when they hit their peak value and if we got anywhere near £80m for Chilwell that's surely his peak value. I was very pro selling Drinkwater for £35m and Maguire for £80m because I believed that was their peak values. The same reason I didn't want us to sign Siggurdsson for £45m and buy him at peak value.

We have a few positions we would like to bolster this season but without a big sale we'll be restricted. I'd happily sell Chilwell for huge money. If you have confidence in your recruiting team then it's a good thing to have a high turnover of players if you can buy low and sell high.

• Like 4

Fans are allowed to think Chilwell is steady enough but still fancy selling him for 80 million quid. @Finnegan has essentially said everything I would but better tbh.

'Selling to / strengthening a rival blah blah blah' - if we can't use £80 million wisely enough to both a) improve on Chilwell and b) sort out other problem areas while we're at it, we don't deserve to be in this game. He definitely makes United's back line better, no doubt (but that's not saying much given they've been playing a 30 stone Luke Shaw and Brandon Williams there) - but we could sort 2 or 3 positions out with that cash. The multiple positives for us here if we play the market right outweigh the one negative that he'll make United's defence a tiny bit better.

• Like 4

1 hour ago, GingerrrFox said:

I like him because he's a good player. I don't know where you're getting he's my favorite player. I literally said we put a premium price on him. I didn't say we don't sell him. But keeping him should be more important imo than seeing him as financial asset we can use to speculate in the market with.  

How has that selling mentality worked out for other clubs? What happens if we don't have those assets to sell and the players we have brought in to fill those sold players don't perform? You'll be cool dropping down the league, right? You'll blame it on the market? Luck? Our scouts? You'll defend the logic when they bring in a Left back for half or even a quarter of Chilwell's price who ends up a bit average, right? You wont wait until the next transfer window demanding they spend money on a good LB? The Bundesliga isn't the Prem.  

1 minute ago, StriderHiryu said:

No idea, but seeing this news starting to pick up a bit of traction now.

Yes, just checked normal legit sources (Red Cafe,The Shed End :giggle: ) and looks done.

Apparently some young lady with a see through backpack was seen sobbing at the training ground.

• Haha 4

2 minutes ago, jeffschlupp said:

It's all been too quiet from both Chelsea and Leicester ends for it to have all been done already, IMO.

Players aren't back at Belvoir Drive yet anyway, are they?

I think they are back monday. Not sure he would pass a medical at the moment either would he with a heel injury?

1 hour ago, Fox92 said:

Fuchs used to get beat all the time.

He had one solid season when we won the Premier League and other than that has been an okay left back but nothing great.

I agree, Fuchs hasn't been better than Ben for sometime, he shouldn't be at the club anymore sentiment is keeping him here

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Hales said:

I think they are back monday. Not sure he would pass a medical at the moment either would he with a heel injury?

Medicals don't work like that, I don't think. They'll be more than confident of him recovering from a routine injury.