Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
urban.spaceman

Ben Chilwell

Of all of our talent he’s the one I’m least concerned about losing. I think we can replace him easy enough whilst using left over funds to improve the rest of the squad.

I guarantee in a years time he’ll be getting the same abuse by the neutrals that Maguire does now and we’ll be laughing our way to the bank....again. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, UHDrive said:

Looks like I need to knock some sense into some people on here!

Chilly is a class player who does what it says on the tin and for where our club sits right now in stature he is someone most fans would fume at if he wasn't on the matchday team sheet.

Thomas - he's got a lot of talent but he isn't a PL player yet and needs developing. If chilly leaves then we need reinforcements over and above fuchs and Thomas (and justin).

= If you sell chilly then you'll spend a 3rd of his sell on fee of that cash for a LB replacement that might/might not work out.

Id prefer for us to over commit to spend this window, keep chilly but sell him next year after our club stature/EL increases further and other 1st team players values increase.

Class is very strong. He's solid, if unremarkable, to turn your nose up at £80m is ludicrous. That's not taking anything away his ability but Liverpool just paid £12mil for someone to sit on the bench who could have done at least a solid, unremarkable job. Jose Gaya could be tempted away from Valencia for a moderate fee who could do that job or more. Putting 3 £25m players in our squad in place of Chilwell will make us stronger without question (Unless they're Silva, Slimani and Musa) There's value out there though, and if Utd or Chelsea aren't willing to look for that, then we should.

Just now, wardyfox86 said:

Class is very strong. He's solid, if unremarkable, to turn your nose up at £80m is ludicrous. That's not taking anything away his ability but Liverpool just paid £12mil for someone to sit on the bench who could have done at least a solid, unremarkable job. Jose Gaya could be tempted away from Valencia for a moderate fee who could do that job or more. Putting 3 £25m players in our squad in place of Chilwell will make us stronger without question (Unless they're Silva, Slimani and Musa) There's value out there though, and if Utd or Chelsea aren't willing to look for that, then we should.

This! 👆

£80m in the right hands (plus whatever we saved by not replacing Maguire) could strengthen throughout the squad. Time to go abroad and spend wisely. The £30m we spent on Perez could have fetched us a lot more overseas.

No hard feelings towards Ben at all if this happens. Not a bad player. Not world record fee worthy.... by a long stretch.

3 minutes ago, Leicester_brfox said:

Onhestly if chilwell leaves I would hate if Chelsea take him because they took drinkwater and Kante and it’s now not funny and I don’t want man utd to be a club like Chelsea have been to us although literally all the top six teams have raided us a few times 

It's just part of the game, I'm afraid.

If we have to lose any of our 1st XI (and I think we do, to get the funds we need in order to keep us progressing), then Chilwell is probably the one I would pick. Drinkwater wasn't such a big loss. We have Tielemans and Maddison, now. DD certainly didn't strengthen Chelsea any. Kante did, but they're trying to sell him now, and we have Ndidi who's as great a replacement as we could ever hope to get.

Man Utd were the laughing stock of the league over the Maguire deal. I wouldn't change a thing about that.

It's not great to have important players taken by Man Utd or Chelsea, but the hundreds of millions we get in return is crucial. No other clubs would offer us the same amount, so it has to be them. We generally reinvest very well. That's how we're on their tails.

• Like 3

I doubt he was ever really injured, deal was probably agreed post FA Cup quarter loss and we weren't fussed about losing him for the rest of the season for whatever reason after he was laughing with their lads right after that match. Wasn't even in the stands with Madders to see the season out either was he?

It's a shame because I've enjoyed seeing him come through, debut against Spurs FA Cup title winning season, that  appalling performance under Puel at Goodison Park and the development on from then, he's improved alot. I'd like us to keep an England player or two in the squad, everyone shouldn't be for sale and we should build the squad around the right characters.

Just hope our scouts have got the right names in their little black book.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1
  • Haha 1

On 13/08/2020 at 17:01, FoxyPalace.com said:

10 of the best for Man United, again LOL they must be sadists or bloody dam stupid. 

..I was just thinking about this today, wondering why they (United) had not come in for him!!!

His combination with Maguire was noticeable in the way they understood each other and Maguire could find him on the touchline with the "out" ball. I am sure Maguire has had a word and would not be surprised if this move came off.

Chilwell is technically very good, just not very imaginative in the last third.

4 minutes ago, Jaspa said:

I doubt he was ever really injured, deal was probably agreed post FA Cup quarter loss and we weren't fussed about losing him for the rest of the season for whatever reason after he was laughing with their lads right after that match. Wasn't even in the stands with Madders to see the season out either was he?

Interesting theory. I would believe this if the fee wound up being 80 mill. Personally I think it's more like 55 and the delay was for LCFC to secure a replacement.

If it’s the case then replacing him becomes as important as strengthening the creative positions for me. Fuchs is injured for three months and unfortunately past the peak of his powers, and as promising as he was in his three appearances, it’s too much to expect Thomas to fit straight in - needs a new deal and a loan move ideally. JJ is going to have to fill in for Ricardo until October at the earliest, so he’s unlikely to be at left back any time soon. Will be costlier to replace Chilwell with everyone knowing we’ve got a record fee for a fullback and that we will be in urgent need for a first choice left back! If this information is correct then let’s hope the fee is as extortionate as speculated, and we have a replacement lined up or a like for like in exchange. 

2 minutes ago, GDesign_JRC said:

I'd rather promote Thomas than sign Lewis

8 minutes ago, GDesign_JRC said:

There's a saying we will replace him with Lewis, I'd rather promote Thomas if that's true

Fixed it then :D

Edited by wardyfox86
  • Like 1