Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
urban.spaceman

Twitter Transfer Rumours

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-8773923/Leicester-consider-Bayer-Leverkusens-Jonathan-Tah-bring-James-Tarkowski.html

According to this article we are targeting three (!) more signings with Rodgers saying he felt we need that many to have a competitive squad. If we bring in more players of Castagne’s quality that would be seriously awesome. 

Rodgers said: ‘We said before the season that we may need up to five players. If we could bring in five I felt that would strengthen the squad and really help us to keep progressing.

‘It’s never easy. We’ve been able to bring in a couple and we see the impact that Timothy Castagne has made and Cengiz Under will help us for sure.

I think the manager is right to want to boost the squad. The Ndidi and Ricardo injuries and Evans suspension show our reliance on key individuals. Once the Europa starts we’ll be playing games every 3 days and the injuries will quickly rack up. 

Edited by StriderHiryu

14 minutes ago, StriderHiryu said:

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-8773923/Leicester-consider-Bayer-Leverkusens-Jonathan-Tah-bring-James-Tarkowski.html

According to this article we are targeting three (!) more signings with Rodgers saying he felt we need that many to have a competitive squad. If we bring in more players of Castagne’s quality that would be seriously awesome. 

Rodgers said: ‘We said before the season that we may need up to five players. If we could bring in five I felt that would strengthen the squad and really help us to keep progressing.

‘It’s never easy. We’ve been able to bring in a couple and we see the impact that Timothy Castagne has made and Cengiz Under will help us for sure.

I think the manager is right to want to boost the squad. The Ndidi and Ricardo injuries and Evans suspension show our reliance on key individuals. Once the Europa starts we’ll be playing games every 3 days and the injuries will quickly rack up. 

I think there is a real chance of us getting that many in  but only if we get rid of Silva, Slimani and Ghezzal otherwise  I just can’t see it . If we got rid of those 3 with Diabaté  and got in another 3 players I’d say it was an incredible transfer window. 

Edited by baldeagle
  • Like 3

9 minutes ago, baldeagle said:

I think there is a real chance of us getting that many in  but only if we get rid of Silva, Slimani and Ghezzal otherwise  I just can’t see it . If we got rid of those 3 with Diabaté  and got in another 3 players I’d say it was an incredible transfer window. 

I think we will end up releasing Silva, selling Slim and loaning out Ghezzal. Wether Amarteyvleaves I don't know and Kaputska and Diabate are already gone....

• Like 1

We could slap some corn rows and a goatee on him, and wheel out our new third choice CB, Dani Am-Artey. :ph34r:

Then buy Thauvin. Then prowl the covid-haunted corridors of european football for the last couple of weeks, looking for other crisis hit clubs in need of 15-20 million big ones.

39 minutes ago, baldeagle said:

If we get 3 more in who misses out from the current players in the 25 man PL squad and the 22 man EL squad (think we can only name 22 or 23 due to lack of academy 1st team players)

32 minutes ago, Vardinio'sCat said:

We could slap some corn rows and a goatee on him, and wheel out our new third choice CB, Dani Am-Artey. :ph34r:

Then buy Thauvin. Then prowl the covid-haunted corridors of european football for the last couple of weeks, looking for other crisis hit clubs in need of 15-20 million big ones.

It’s a week on Monday .....

8 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

If we get 3 more in who misses out from the current players in the 25 man PL squad and the 22 man EL squad (think we can only name 22 or 23 due to lack of academy 1st team players)

Pass that’s up to the manager to decide, also depends who we sign and what position they play .

10 minutes ago, baldeagle said:

Pass that’s up to the manager to decide, also depends who we sign and what position they play .

Yeah it was more of a thinking aloud moment, as we already have 4-5 players we want to move on but then we might also need to shift Gray and Choudhury too.

18 minutes ago, Fktf said:

The 5 would be lb, rw, cb, st, and..

Don’t see that myself @Fktf

Assuming we land one of our CB targets, I’m pretty sure the 4th signing would be a no.8, or someone like Callum McGregor who can play a few midfield roles. We can’t afford to leave ourselves bereft of creativity like we were at the end of last season without Madders. And Madders, Youri & Praet aren’t enough for 50+ games, every 3-4 days.

After that, your guess would be as good as mine!

1 hour ago, Steve Earle said:

Don’t see that myself @Fktf

Assuming we land one of our CB targets, I’m pretty sure the 4th signing would be a no.8, or someone like Callum McGregor who can play a few midfield roles. We can’t afford to leave ourselves bereft of creativity like we were at the end of last season without Madders. And Madders, Youri & Praet aren’t enough for 50+ games, every 3-4 days.

After that, your guess would be as good as mine!

I agree. I still think McGregor is on the cards for exactly the reasons you stated. 

I still think we might go and get a LB. I dont know why, just a feeling I have. For me, Sessegnon would be perfect. LB and LW. Two positions we need depth. 

Maybe a loan with an option to buy? 

• Like 1