Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
urban.spaceman

Twitter Transfer Rumours

1 minute ago, SheppyFox said:

As you’ll know I’m rarely serious on FT.

However I’ve been giving some serious consideration to what happens within the board room if Rodgers & Congers identify a series of targets that Top and Rudders hate the sound of? 

That's a good point that you think would have been worked out as the player was being scrutinized by the club. My belief was that the club had a system in place for transfers. A system that was in place before either were hired. What that system is I doubt anyone besides the club really knows. I'm sure the speculation will continue :ph34r:

7 minutes ago, SO1 said:

Then why were they hired in the first place if what you say is the truth. Why would lhe club sabotage itself?

The club isn’t sabotaging itself, actually its doing the opposite. I imagine that all the clubs plans hinged on us qualifying for the Champions League, with the big points cushion as well as Man Citys ban meaning at the time there was no conceivable way that we weren’t going to be playing in the Champions League next season... and well we all know what happened.

All the financial plans and transfer plans are out the window and now everyone is scrambling. Because of the epic collapse Rodgers will be under a lot more scrutiny and the club won’t want to be caught cold so I imagine they will be putting a huge chunk of cash aside in case he has to be sacked. 

The big contract reward for Rodgers last year has come back to bite in a big way, the club can’t spend 40m on a player in September if it needs 40m to pay off a massively under performing manager by October/November. 

28 minutes ago, Sir Shep said:

Yeah I was out today in some random Nottingham village when I saw Brendan tucking into some scampi and chips, I thought I’d chance it and ask him why the duck he hadn’t bothered signing anyone and he matter of factly told me that we are so skint that he’s had to send the first team to muck out the owners stables in order to sell manure to raise funds. True story, ITK me. 

Why would he have scampi and chips on a Sunday? 

Source? 

If Brendan doesn't have a proper full roast, with all the trimmings, on a Sunday, I don't trust his judgement and don't want him anywhere near my club. 

No wonder we can't sign anyone 

25 minutes ago, Babylon said:

You get about £12m for winning it, the EL brings in a pittance. Relatively speaking.

Pretty sure Arsenal earnt around £20m for getting to the last 16 which would equate to around half a seasons lost gate money if we got around the same. Either way, with that and the extra money we got from finishing 5th as opposed to 9th the season before + Maguire + Chilwell suggests we are in way better nick than so many clubs around us. 

2 minutes ago, Dames said:

The club isn’t sabotaging itself, actually its doing the opposite. I imagine that all the clubs plans hinged on us qualifying for the Champions League, with the big points cushion as well as Man Citys ban meaning at the time there was no conceivable way that we weren’t going to be playing in the Champions League next season... and well we all know what happened.

All the financial plans and transfer plans are out the window and now everyone is scrambling. Because of the epic collapse Rodgers will be under a lot more scrutiny and the club won’t want to be caught cold so I imagine they will be putting a huge chunk of cash aside in case he has to be sacked. 

The big contract reward for Rodgers last year has come back to bite in a big way, the club can’t spend 40m on a player in September if it needs 40m to pay off a massively under performing manager by October/November. 

Making plans based on half a season and the carona virus is epic stupidity by the club. l don't believe the club is stupid.

It’s a lot of hearsay but the issue is we’ve been here before. Usually when there’s no concrete links or very few, it results in no signings. 

The links have gone cold, other than the odd random name drop because it’s quite obvious we have the chillwell cash. 

Im really hoping it’s simply because we are running a tight ship and the info isn’t leaking. My gut however is telling me we are scrambling and have already missed our top targets 

Edited by Lambert09

People have mentioned a few of these points but my summary is that that we spent on the training ground pre Covid and would have hit issues, Covid being the biggest that slowed the work and increased the cost. Secondly as pointed out were carrying lots of deadwood, people can keep bleating on about Maguire and Chilwell money but I seem to remember in a thread a while ago and again this revolves around the training ground, but it was said that the Maguire money was swallowed back then? The King Power group planes and duty free near enough stopped for weeks on end costing millions. It's almost as through the new training ground, Covid and dead wood on huge wages have us pinned. Time will tell but I have a feeling we will see players promoted to the first team this season that we weren't expecting, at the end of the day we don't run the club and cant ultimately demand and stamp our feet for something to happen when the reality is we have no idea what's going on behind the scenes. Last point look at the form since January and talk of Brendan having his head turned and fall outs with players and not taking responsibility for his own actions, would you want to come here as a player after seeing that? 

6 minutes ago, Lambert09 said:

It’s a lot of hearsay but the issue is we’ve been here before. Usually when there’s no concrete links or very few, it results in no signings. 

The links have gone cold, other than the odd random name drop because it’s quite obvious we have the chillwell cash. 

Im really hoping it’s simply because we are running a tight ship and the info isn’t leaking. My gut however is telling me we are scrambling and have already missed our top targets 

Our top targets may have told us where to go or we have been quoted too much (for now but I'm sure we'll go higher as we get more desperate) but who have we missed out on? As in they've signed for someone else. 

2 hours ago, UHDrive said:

We are a multi million pound European playing football club with the infrastructure rivalling the top 6 easily. It is frustrating that there are fans like you who keep harping on about sustainability when we are in a very serious predicament for our clubs future if we dont act. Our first choice left back has gone with no replacent and we need a CB/Winger/LB/Striker at the very least and urgently.

I hold my head in shame at posts like this.

:crylaugh:

1 minute ago, Dames said:

They made Rodgers one of the highest paid managers in the world after half a good season.. 

Basically a full season given he came in around Feb last year. We'd improved hugely since Puel left and looked a real force with other clubs being linked with Rodgers. Don't think we should've done it but there were reasons.

Just now, UniFox21 said:

Basically a full season given he came in around Feb last year. We'd improved hugely since Puel left and looked a real force with other clubs being linked with Rodgers. Don't think we should've done it but there were reasons.

New manager bounce from the end of the previous shouldn’t be counted, it would have happened if a Ham Sandwich was manager.

• Thanks 2

9 minutes ago, StevieB said:

People have mentioned a few of these points but my summary is that that we spent on the training ground pre Covid and would have hit issues, Covid being the biggest that slowed the work and increased the cost. Secondly as pointed out were carrying lots of deadwood, people can keep bleating on about Maguire and Chilwell money but I seem to remember in a thread a while ago and again this revolves around the training ground, but it was said that the Maguire money was swallowed back then? The King Power group planes and duty free near enough stopped for weeks on end costing millions. It's almost as through the new training ground, Covid and dead wood on huge wages have us pinned. Time will tell but I have a feeling we will see players promoted to the first team this season that we weren't expecting, at the end of the day we don't run the club and cant ultimately demand and stamp our feet for something to happen when the reality is we have no idea what's going on behind the scenes. Last point look at the form since January and talk of Brendan having his head turned and fall outs with players and not taking responsibility for his own actions, would you want to come here as a player after seeing that? 

The training ground is being paid by a long term loan, also delays cost the organisations building it as much as the customers. They'll have clauses in contracts for this, could be costing McLaren dearly. 

Why can fans struggle to grasp that King Power haven't put their own money directly in to the club for over 6 years. Just as they didn't chin £300m in to an all out assault on the Champions League, they won't be pinching £50m out the till to plug the cash flow of their multi billion empire.

I get fans want to remain objective and not jump on the bandwagon that we are making a pigs ear of this transfer window but just work it through and funds should be available, at the very least the Chilwell money.

• Like 3

38 minutes ago, RowlattsFox said:

Our top targets may have told us where to go or we have been quoted too much (for now but I'm sure we'll go higher as we get more desperate) but who have we missed out on? As in they've signed for someone else. 

I think more as in the players rulling is out. I imagine the large amount of our targets were outlined when we thought we had champions league football. It would be natural for us to continue pursuing those targets, who may have kept the door open. 

Hopefully we we can pull some of them off but I’m sort of expecting the worst now

We already had one of the highest wages to turnover ratios in the league - third highest behind reckless Everton and Bournemouth who’s turnover is tiny. in 18/19 for every £1 we made we spent 85p just on wages - and that’s before the big bumper contracts for Maddison & Vardy. 

Given the owners ambition for self sufficiency and the big loss in revenue from match day income and reduced tv revenue yes we probably don’t have much to spend?