Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
urban.spaceman

Twitter Transfer Rumours

6 minutes ago, LeeTheFox said:

Starting to get very worried, really don’t understand why we’re not splashing cash, 5th last season... proper chance to become a ‘top 6’ side and it seems like nothing is happening, we have to spend. That squad is not big enough or good enough to do well in Europe and the league next season.

We as a club are not seen as ‘interesting’ by the media so our near to close signings are not generally reported in the media.  Think we’ve always kept our targets ‘under wraps’ until John Percy and the ilk can call it basically a ‘done deal’.

Maybe with the current COVID climate and the sacking of the club physio, it just maybe harder to glean any info- maybe he was an ITK on here, so any snippets of news have basically ceased.  Doesn’t mean though that ‘transfers’ aren’t going on behind the scenes.  I guess it’s a delicate process to stop others hijacking our move for a specific player.   Looks like Castagne will be the first new face.

Does not stop me admitting though that it’s extremely frustrating though.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, peach0000 said:

I get where he's coming from that he had a clause in his contract that meant he could leave for free at the end of the season but obviously covid pushed the end of the season back. As regards to him not turning up for testing his argument is he isn't employed by Barcelona anymore so why should he turn up for testing. I have also read that he doesn't expect to be paid by Barcelona from the 28th August as he is now a free agent.

Should have come to agreement by the date in the contract then. I just find it impossible to have any sympathy for him.  He obviously was happy to stay before but has changed his mind after their Leicester style collapse. 

He's just using it as an excuse to get out. He's going to tarnish his memory with the fans, in a similar way that Mahrez did with us. By all accounts we should worship the guy but now I cant look past how he acted at the end. 

I actually have finally moved over to team Ronaldo

16 hours ago, Lambert09 said:

Am I alone in thinking Messi is an absolute prat? 

Thinks he can just do what he wants.  Not sure why the press arent coming down hard on him. He is the best paid player in the world and he thinks he can just walk away for free because he wants a new challenge.  Its disgraceful, Barca deserve better. 

What worries me is the message this puts out to players around the world. We will see other players act just like this when deciding they want a move to a bigger club and teams will end up having to bow down and let players go on the cheap. 

I saw a quote with him saying he doesnt need to do the covid test because he's not a player now.  All while cashing in £1000 every second. 

Lost a lot of respect for someone who shouldn't have been able to lose it. 

I’m with Messi on this one. According to Bartomeu, Messi had been given the clause in his contract to leave on a free at the end of each season just like other Barcelona legends such as Iniesta and Xavi. They had apparently earnt the right to be able to decide their own futures as and when they wanted.

So now Messi wants out, Barcelona have all of a sudden started to look at details in his contract which state he has to activate the clause before X date which has passed. I think it defeats the objective of giving him the clause in the first place. The clause suggests that Messi and the club had a mutual trust and respect for one another. Messi has dedicated his whole career to Barcelona so it seems a bit harsh that Barcelona are trying to play hardball. Especially  considering this only happened because Covid forced the season to be pushed back. So what, Messi has no longer earnt the right to decide his own future? I know a contract is a contract but that makes no sense to me. Why bother even giving Messi the clause in the first place.

• Like 2

15 minutes ago, StanSP said:

Don't know if he was ever properly linked with us 

Don't think so. I suggested him at some point because he'd be free but then others pointed out he was demanding 100k a week. 

Then he refused to sign an extension at Bournemouth beyond June 30th and they got relegated.

Attitude stinks, and Newcastle/Bournemouth is his level to be honest. 

2 minutes ago, Babylon said:

Our "proper chance to become a top 6 side" isn't really a proper chance is it. Money talks, they have it and we don't. Our only chance of finishing in the top 6 is smart recruitment, smart selling of players, smart management and a slice of luck. 

I people need to get their head out of the clouds and realise how difficult it would actually be to sustain a top 6 finish each season. 

Just to play devils advocate, there is an argument that the longer we sustain a top 6 challenge the more revenue we would gain and the gap would narrow in revenue until it was non existent. Therefore it might be worth pushing the finances a bit to hold on as long as possible in the top 6. 

21 minutes ago, Babylon said:

Our "proper chance to become a top 6 side" isn't really a proper chance is it. Money talks, they have it and we don't. Our only chance of finishing in the top 6 is smart recruitment, smart selling of players, smart management and a slice of luck. 

I people need to get their head out of the clouds and realise how difficult it would actually be to sustain a top 6 finish each season. 

5 minutes ago, Babylon said:

The owners are not investing, we are doing this in a self sustained way. That means SLOOOOOOOOOW growth, measured in decades and not transfer windows. 

The only way you could ever compete is by having fan bases their size, which means a long game of success on the pitch, growth off the pitch (stadium, training). To do that in a sustainable way, takes incredible management all over the club, time and luck.

It's a very fine balance of investing in the team and investing in the infrastructure, there will be ups and downs. When at times we've gone too far one way or the other, but sometimes they will be necessary. We could have pumped all out money into the team and not bothered with the stadium and training ground. But that's risking short term thinking, and all the good that's happened could be gone with a few bad transfer windows. 

We've struck an excellent balance so far I think. 

Two excellent posts, spot on.

I can't understand why more of the fan base can't grasp this.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Slightly off topic, but to go with what I said above. The board level management of our club has propelled the club to heights not seen for a long long time. I'm actually getting concerned that a very large club will start looking at Rudkin as DOF. He, Susan Whelan and the owners have shown a pragmatic, measured management... not flawless, but about as damn close as you could ever hope for. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Babylon said:

Slightly off topic, but to go with what I said above. The board level management of our club has propelled the club to heights not seen for a long long time. I'm actually getting concerned that a very large club will start looking at Rudkin as DOF. He, Susan Whelan and the owners have shown a pragmatic, measured management... not flawless, but about as damn close as you could ever hope for. 

He's been with us since 2003 in one role or another, he's in a strong position here, he's seen the like of Steve Walsh join Everton and not last long. 

I suppose it depends on how risk adverse he is, as a person.

Just now, coolhandfox said:

He's been with us since 2003 in one role or another, he's in a strong position here, he's seen the like of Steve Walsh join Everton and not last long. 

And whether he likes many many pound notes. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Babylon said:

I'm glad that they're the ones in charge, while some Foxestalk posters lose their minds at the lack of transfers or world class left backs, they keep theirs. Long may it continue. 

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, coolhandfox said:

whilst we have top as the owner, we will have susan and rudders here  - unless top needs susan to look after something else in the group

• Like 1

1 hour ago, s11nny said:

I’m with Messi on this one. According to Bartomeu, Messi had been given the clause in his contract to leave on a free at the end of each season just like other Barcelona legends such as Iniesta and Xavi. They had apparently earnt the right to be able to decide their own futures as and when they wanted.

So now Messi wants out, Barcelona have all of a sudden started to look at details in his contract which state he has to activate the clause before X date which has passed. I think it defeats the objective of giving him the clause in the first place. The clause suggests that Messi and the club had a mutual trust and respect for one another. Messi has dedicated his whole career to Barcelona so it seems a bit harsh that Barcelona are trying to play hardball. Especially  considering this only happened because Covid forced the season to be pushed back. So what, Messi has no longer earnt the right to decide his own future? I know a contract is a contract but that makes no sense to me. Why bother even giving Messi the clause in the first place.

...I suppose the club needs to plan ahead!!!

Should Messi had chosen to curtail his time at a specific date as per the contract, which despite Covid, he could have done, then obviously there would be no issue. To then miss the deadline and expect not to be bound by the contract seems naive in respect of Messi and his advisors.

If both parties were aware of the deadline, an extension could and should have been agreed due to the season over run. It is incumbent on Messi to adhere to the terms. 

1 hour ago, Babylon said:

If Man U ever get rid of Ed Woodward, I reckon they would go for Whelan. The way she negotiated the Maguire deal was masterful.

King Power show a lot of loyalty toward their employees though, many have been with them for over 10 years, Whelan I think has been with them for over 20. So they might not go even if offered the chance to do so.

All hypothetical of course!

• Like 1

Just now, StriderHiryu said:

If Man U ever get rid of Ed Woodward, I reckon they would go for Whelan. The way she negotiated the Maguire deal was masterful.

King Power show a lot of loyalty toward their employees though, many have been with them for over 10 years, Whelan I think has been with them for over 20. So they might not go even if offered the chance to do so.

All hypothetical of course!

Her husband does a lot of work for them also. Like you say, lots of loyalty and would be tricky to take her from KP

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, Grebfromgrebland said:

He gets player level compensation.  The owners love him and respect him totally.

There's no way he's on a player's money. Our highest earning director gets £259,000 per year from all emoluments. To match a player salary, he'd need about 10-15x that amount. It's still absurd money for a normal person.

Screenshot 2020-09-01 at 14.51.25.png

Edited by Beechey