Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
urban.spaceman

Twitter Transfer Rumours

29 minutes ago, teblin said:

Rodgers mentioned a few times during the time after Covid that it might be loans that clubs turn too.

they might not happen for a few weeks when other teams get players in.

Did he? I know Percy mentioned it but I don’t recall Rodgers mentioning it. Could be wrong though.

Here are a few thoughts as to why current difficulties might be as they are.

a) Rich clubs are skewing the market - in other words trying to create a cartel, or at the very least a hugely imbalanced market.

b) It could be that clubs/players might be wanting to play harder with Leicester because we're not sexy (outside of Leicester), and even someone playing for less in Europe might like their lifestyle in Amsterdam/Seville/Porto/Munich better than the prospect of (let's face it) a rather ordinary provincial city in the middle of a rainy island. So, a 'crap' club (in their eyes) premium, if you'll forgive me putting it like that.

c) It might be that a calculation has been made for expediency due to an unprecedented (in our lifetimes) pandemic.

d) There might be trouble at mill.

e) Given everything is probably being done remotely until medicals, there will be less physical movement for nerds like us to track. So it might be all but done and there's no way we could know.

f) Incompetence (I didn't want to put it, but if I didn't, somebody else would)

g) We have to cut the wage bill before we can buy more readily.

There will be other plausibles I've not thought of. My sense is that it's a combination of a) and b) - the clubs with (apparently) limitless funds are screwing the game up, knowing they won't go pop because they're backed by (let's face it) dodgy money or dodgy regimes. And I think using the word 'dodgy' is putting it mildly.

Edited by HighPeakFox
  • Like 1

12 minutes ago, Richard said:

We already had one of the highest wages to turnover ratios in the league - third highest behind reckless Everton and Bournemouth who’s turnover is tiny. in 18/19 for every £1 we made we spent 85p just on wages - and that’s before the big bumper contracts for Maddison & Vardy. 

Given the owners ambition for self sufficiency and the big loss in revenue from match day income and reduced tv revenue yes we probably don’t have much to spend?

you would think that the owners would recognise the exceptional circumstances at the moment and make up the difference to help - if they were able to .....

24 minutes ago, Lambert09 said:

I think more as in the players rulling is out. I imagine the large amount of our targets were outlined when we thought we had champions league football. It would be natural for us to continue pursuing those targets, who may have kept the door open. 

Hopefully we we can pull some of them off but I’m sort of expecting the worst now

I'd agree with that, not qualifying for champions League will definitely hinder us but even if we did I still think we'd have difficulty convincing top players to join us. 

The likes of Tagliafaco are in the champions League at their current clubs, so is Thauvin, so is Gosens etc

Other than more money potentially, why they come here? 

Best bet for me in general is to go for best of the rest in the premier League and accept that you'll have to pay more for them, and maybe players at the best clubs who aren't getting game time, however those players often come with huge wages we can't pay. 

I do think recruitment is difficult for a club in our position. 

2 minutes ago, RowlattsFox said:

I'd agree with that, not qualifying for champions League will definitely hinder us but even if we did I still think we'd have difficulty convincing top players to join us. 

The likes of Tagliafaco are in the champions League at their current clubs, so is Thauvin, so is Gosens etc

Other than more money potentially, why they come here? 

Best bet for me in general is to go for best of the rest in the premier League and accept that you'll have to pay more for them, and maybe players at the best clubs who aren't getting game time, however those players often come with huge wages we can't pay. 

I do think recruitment is difficult for a club in our position. 

All three of them would go to spurs or arsenal in a heartbeat 

it’s not just about CL 

23 minutes ago, Ricey said:

Did he? I know Percy mentioned it but I don’t recall Rodgers mentioning it. Could be wrong though.

Sure I heard him say it. Quite soon before or around the restart. I could be completely wrong though.

3 hours ago, Dames said:

They made Rodgers one of the highest paid managers in the world after half a good season.. 

Of course his success at Swansea, Liverpool and Celtic mean nothing. Fair play to that logic :appl:

3 hours ago, FoxFossil said:

Possibly true about Leicester  as a place, not being attractive to potential players, but do we know how many of our current first 11 actually live in the city/county?

If we have issues with Leicester as a place for players, I've no idea why we didn't locate our training facilities down south. Players could live and train there and travel up for matches, unless of course there's some regulations against that 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Lambert09 said:

It’s a lot of hearsay but the issue is we’ve been here before. Usually when there’s no concrete links or very few, it results in no signings. 

The links have gone cold, other than the odd random name drop because it’s quite obvious we have the chillwell cash. 

Im really hoping it’s simply because we are running a tight ship and the info isn’t leaking. My gut however is telling me we are scrambling and have already missed our top targets 

...I do not think we are scrambling!!!

Pre covid you would have thought there would have been two lists, one for Champions League qualification and one should we fail to retain a top four finish. We know our budget and the players that fit within that framework, but perhaps we are not as aggressive within the market as we should be.Waiting until the end of the window may yield a lower price as some posters has stated but I am reluctant to believe that especially if clubs have no need to sell and there is no profit to gained in this window. It is essential for them, that they would look to maximise their assets, to cover the loss revenue from gate and hospitality receipts.

9 hours ago, st albans fox said:

you would think that the owners would recognise the exceptional circumstances at the moment and make up the difference to help - if they were able to .....

Or you cut costs accordingly like most teams are.

Just looked at all the premier league transfers so far... what are people panicking about?

Outside the usual money bags clubs, nobody has done much at all. Most of them being cheapo signings or frees.

Even Man U with their name and wealth have signed nobody yet.

• Thanks 1

5 hours ago, sacreblueits442 said:

...I do not think we are scrambling!!!

Pre covid you would have thought there would have been two lists, one for Champions League qualification and one should we fail to retain a top four finish. We know our budget and the players that fit within that framework, but perhaps we are not as aggressive within the market as we should be.Waiting until the end of the window may yield a lower price as some posters has stated but I am reluctant to believe that especially if clubs have no need to sell and there is no profit to gained in this window. It is essential for them, that they would look to maximise their assets, to cover the loss revenue from gate and hospitality receipts.

Exactly, i know some people are saying that if we leave it late then we will get a lower price, but i just don`t see that.  The nearer to the end of the transfer window we get, the more clubs know how desperate we are to get players in, and far from letting the player go cheaper, they are more likely to put the price up, thinking we are in a situation where we will pay more, because otherwise we will either have to move on to a player of less quality, or leave ourselves short until January, when we will have to pay more anyway.

Also, the later we leave it, the less time the selling club have to replace the player we are buying, and so again that will push the price up, and may even make the selling club less likely to sell at all.

In my opinion anyway, the nearer to the end of the window, the higher the price for quality players, and the players that we would be able to get cheaper, would be the players of less quality, the players that other clubs don`t mind losing, and players that they want to get off their wage bill, and we have a fair few of those ourselves.

The chances are, that the likes of Slimani, Silva, Diabatte and Ghezzel will go late in the window, because while we will be currently hoping that other clubs come in with an offer for those players now, any club that might want those players, will sit tight knowing we want them away and off our wage bill anyway, and so those clubs will only be interested if its a loan with part of their wages paid by us, or for next to nothing in terms of a transfer fee.

• Like 1